[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Just now, OCK said:

Cuba survived like 28 cold wars since the last time Newcastle United won a trophy. Fairly confident it'll still be there the week after. Tell work to calm down. 

Need to be on site for Monday 27th, it's the only time myself and the customer are both available between now and May, and it's literally my job to go.

Only thing I can think of is to ask to fly a day early and offer to pay the hotel for the extra day. Which they may well refuse to let me pay, but morally I should offer as then there's no reason to not let me. Question is if they do let me pay, am I willing to pay £170 to watch a Newcastle match on a shit stream in a hotel on the other side of the world? Also Cuban internet is fucking shit and even if I am there there's a chance the game will be unwatchable for me despite doing all that. :lol:

Should add it's a south-coast company so playing the "but Newcastle are playing" card will likely count for fuck all. 

22 minutes ago, Decky said:

Waiting to see if there’s a fanzone at SJP but has anything else been confirmed? Btw Bruno is back for this yes?

There's been talk about a fanzone at SJP?

Supposed to be flying home from Edinburgh om the eve of the final at 8.20. Desperate to find a way to stay in Newcastle for the final and go home on the Monday, but it's all too expensive at the moment 

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

Would take anything other than a 2-0 routine defeat. Still scarred from the last two absolute waste of fucking times.

Kenny Dalglish's infamous draw to win :scared:

6 minutes ago, OCK said:

That sounds shady as fuck. Private deadline in person deals in Cuba. Chance of getting shot by the CIA. or..... Newcastle United in the League Cup Final. Chance of getting shagged by @Slim

If I added that this has been organised by a separate Spanish company who are acting as intermediaries for us, and that I'll be flying out on the second of my currently-valid UK passports, would that help it sound any less shady? :lol:

Just now, Chris_R said:

If I added that this has been organised by a separate Spanish company who are acting as intermediaries for us, and that I'll be flying out on the second of my currently-valid UK passports, would that help it sound any less shady? :lol:

What the fuck is your job, Jason Bourne? [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

[emoji38]

Posted in a different thread too. But as a Newcastle fan living outside of Newcastle with nee chance of a ticket, what's the best option --

Going to London and meeting at a pub down there, or going up to Newcastle to watch at a local? 

Genuine question.

Just now, BlazeT44 said:

Posted in a different thread too. But as a Newcastle fan living outside of Newcastle with nee chance of a ticket, what's the best option --

Going to London and meeting at a pub down there, or going up to Newcastle to watch at a local? 

Genuine question.

Personally I reckon unless you have a ticket, Newcastle will be far better. The city will be bouncing.

I've been supporting this club through nearly 20 years of misery, failure and Mike Ashley, I can't really comprehend that we're actually in a final. Going to be in Gothenburg of all places on the 26th, didn't even cross my mind to check when the final was when booking. :lol:

3 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

Genuine question.

I'm in London and if I can't get a ticket (highly unlikely) I'm thinking of travelling up for the occasion