[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

32 minutes ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Unless we just get completely overwhelmed by the occasion, there's no way this won't be a very close match right? If so, we can win it. Why not?

That is my only fear. Man U players will be more used to the big occasion, compared to our lot. 

1 minute ago, Klaus said:

That is my only fear. Man U players will be more used to the big occasion, compared to our lot. 

A couple of World Cup winners and multiple CL winners (as well a few other trophies) is why I think they'll have the slight edge 

1 minute ago, Klaus said:

Trippier will be huge for us in this as captain as a result of that; he's played in big games/finals also on top of that. Isak also played in Real Sociedad's Copa del Rey final win which was their first trophy in 34 years. Botman's a Ligue 1 champion too.

Our lads will need to contain our emotions though, especially the likes of Bruno and Joelinton.

In some ways playing Man Utd help help a bit with the overseas profile, social media followers, and possibly sponsorship opportunities, especially if we were to win. It just has a very big feel about it, and much more of an actual occasion. Bring it on.

26 minutes ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Blimey just had a look at their League Cup final thread and it's actually a bit deranged.

This run of form they're on has reminded me how much I can't stand them. Been a joke for the last few years, but a few good results and the unbelievable arrogance of the fans and media bumlicking is back with a vengeance.

I like how they've got us pegged as park the bus merchants and have totally reinvented the game at OT where we were the better team first half and hung on a bit at the end as some kind of Alamo job.

Unfortunately, a large majority of Man United fans I've met do go on like that. I think the entitlement and arrogance comes with sustained successes and we'll see it in our own fanbase one day.

14 hours ago, The Butcher said:

A wee pulled hammy for Casemiro, Rashford and shit Bruno in the next few weeks plz:yao:

Agent Carroll already knackered Eriksen and then got sent off for trying to take out Casemiro.  Maybe Ayoze could be persuaded to get stuck in when they play Leicester the Sunday before the final.

1 minute ago, GideonShandy said:

Agent Carroll already knackered Eriksen and then got sent off for trying to take out Casemiro.  Maybe Ayoze could be persuaded to get stuck in when they play Leicester the Sunday before the final.

Difficult to get stuck in from Seville tbf

31 minutes ago, Menace said:

Stop shitting yourself before we're even close to the match lads, check Man Uniteds fixture list and tell me we don't have a strong chance. They play 6 games instead of our 3 also.

They've got an FA Cup game against West Ham a few days after the final to worry about as well.

I think it'll be a good game. They're slight favourites and that's fine, we're more suited to that, imo. Last time we played them we were missing some serious attacking options in the squad. Hopefully, we go in close to full strength.

They'll rotate for their schedule, it's not like they're going to turn up not being able to run or owt.

1 hour ago, GideonShandy said:

Ayoze doesn't play in England anymore.

I see that our problem maybe that we exert ourselves too much too early and we run out of gas 2nd half. Probably Edide needs to manage that and get the balance right. Yes, we need to be attacking and probably try and get an early goal or two in games but any better team than Southamptoon would have punished us severely if we play the way we did in that 2nd half.