[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

2 hours ago, NE27 said:

I'm looking at Wycombe/Beaconsfield.

Trains look quick from there and easy to get to by road.

Did Wycombe last season on a ground hop mission. Was impressed by the trains from London (Marylebone). Chiltern railways. Took about an hour I think and trains were dead comfortable even in standard areas. Can Remember passing Wembley but can't remember if we stopped near it. Hopefully trains will be on after reading previous posts. Today will be key I suppose because of the 14 days strike notice needed. Don't think they would announce one tomorrow/Sunday.

1 hour ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Did Wycombe last season on a ground hop mission. Was impressed by the trains from London (Marylebone). Chiltern railways. Took about an hour I think and trains were dead comfortable even in standard areas. Can Remember passing Wembley but can't remember if we stopped near it. Hopefully trains will be on after reading previous posts. Today will be key I suppose because of the 14 days strike notice needed. Don't think they would announce one tomorrow/Sunday.

Think that might be the same Bicester train I meant. Remember going to the NFL and some unfortunate designer outlet shoppers being joined by 20,000 fans getting on their train home. 

Announcing strikes that weekend would be shooting themselves in the foot - fully supportive of their strikes, but targeting a weekend where the main people inconvenienced are football fans from Newcastle & Manchester won't do them any favours.

14 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Wanted to buy this for a while but never really wear our colours anymore, but why the fuck not for this occasion. 

20230210-123342.jpg

yeah, go on.

i'm 53 and havent had a toon top for over 20 years - but ordered one for the final.

IS IT NEARLY THE 26TH YET!!!!????!!!!!!

58 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Wanted to buy this for a while but never really wear our colours anymore, but why the fuck not for this occasion. 

20230210-123342.jpg

That is a cracker. Where you buy it from?

Edited by gdm

11 minutes ago, Wilson said:

The Castore shop weirdly enough.  But the tags on it are scoredraw.com

Definitely doesn't feel... Castore-ey

Got a few things from scoredraw in the past. Defo not like Castore

21 hours ago, NUFC91 said:

Few options mate, I've lived down here over 9 years, Watford good shout. Standard town really but you got a train 15 mins into London or the tube so both easy. Reading i lived there for nearly 6 years, again 24 mins direct to Paddington.

Best options Harrow on hill, few stops from Wembley, uxbridge on met line too and easy access or Watford.

Was thinking parking Harrow on Hill as it looks easy for tubes into Trafalgar Square and Wembley.

Aiming to get into London for 10am on the Sunday, reckon finding somewhere to park in Harrow will be sound? 

2 hours ago, Wilson said:

20230210-123342.jpg

Awaiting my 96 home replica with Ferdinand 9 on the back to arrive. I move house on 24th Feb so touch and go whether it'll be here!

4 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-rejects-rail-industry-offers/

Reading that I'm hoping although they've rejected the latest offer they are still talking and haven't announced any more strikes for the time being. How do others interpret things? He said, definitely seeking reassurance.

They’ve got to give 14 days notice so there can’t be a strike until 2 weeks Wednesday I assume?

Moved to South Coast many years ago so my match day attendance has been mostly hospitality as normal tickets never go on sale to general public.

So my chance of getting a Wembley ticket is none existent but I will be in London on the day regardless, first train up and last train back.

Shout out to all those in the capital but unable to attend the game... We need to congregate on a central location as it will make the atmosphere more electric.

Telling everyone The Mags are here to stay!!!

3 minutes ago, TOON Dave said:

Moved to South Coast many years ago so my match day attendance has been mostly hospitality as normal tickets never go on sale to general public.

So my chance of getting a Wembley ticket is none existent but I will be in London on the day regardless, first train up and last train back.

Shout out to all those in the capital but unable to attend the game... We need to congregate on a central location as it will make the atmosphere more electric.

Telling everyone The Mags are here to stay!!!