[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

1 minute ago, Ash said:

Yeah, it lets me apply for three through my account (using two of the others linked) and then I can apply as a single through the one listed as disabled on that account. They’ve never been registered as disabled though, nothing on their account suggests it is either which is what I don’t get. 

Ah, well that's a clear fuckup then. At least in this case he was registered as disabled, though it's still mad to force him to buy a disabled ticket.

Sorry to ask again but anyone have an idea the ticket to ballot entry ratio and the liklihood (estimate/best guess obvs).

I've applied for one ticket, if that makes any difference.

25 minutes ago, madras said:

We're in a group of 6. Would only accept 5. The one missing has the most points.

Were they eligible in earlier pots? 

Lass from work was eligible for pot one but held off for the ballot (mad) as she hoped to get 6 together with people who were eligible in 4, tried logging in today and it said she couldn't apply for any ballots. 

Edited by Wilson

14 minutes ago, STM said:

Sorry to ask again but anyone have an idea the ticket to ballot entry ratio and the liklihood (estimate/best guess obvs).

I've applied for one ticket, if that makes any difference.

There seems to be so much conflicting info knocking about that it’s become almost impossible to guess.

From the Trust email 

Member Question: For Wembley, is there any chance tickets will actually go down to periods 4,5 and 6? Or are they only periods that will take place if tickets don’t sell out in each previous tier?

Answer from NUFC: Each period is guaranteed to take place.

Trust analysis: The club is seeking to ensuring some members and non-members (with purchase history) will receive tickets in their attempt to ensure a range of fans have access to Wembley. The vast majority of tickets will go to season ticket holders. Periods 4-6 seem to be ballots so not every qualifying applicant will receive tickets, unlike in periods 1-3 where tickets are guaranteed if you qualify and purchase through the cub site in your allocated period time slot.

Edited by gdm

4 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Completely shit and unfair.

As someone in period 6 I’d agree. However with 1-3 pretty much guaranteed a ticket. The qualifying terms from 4-6 aren’t vastly different. It was never going to be completely fair it’s just impossible. 

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

May as well have just done one big ballot from period 4 to 7 then

No because I imagine the amount of tickets in each period reduce as they go down them 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

As someone in period 6 I’d agree. However with 1-3 pretty much guaranteed a ticket. The qualifying terms from 4-6 aren’t vastly different. It was never going to be completely fair it’s just impossible. 

No because I imagine the amount of tickets in each period reduce as they go down them 

The difference from three to four is one game. That’s vastly different from the gap between four and six 

1 minute ago, Hovagod said:

The difference from three to four is one game. That’s vastly different from the gap between four and six 

True. I suppose they could have done away with period 2 and moved 3 & 4 up. I know it’s not ideal and people will be left disappointed but I guess it’s a learning curve for the club. 

should be a real campaign to reduce the amount of corporate tickets and tickets not available to the actual fans of both clubs for finals. It really is shit

13 minutes ago, gdm said:

From the Trust email 

Member Question: For Wembley, is there any chance tickets will actually go down to periods 4,5 and 6? Or are they only periods that will take place if tickets don’t sell out in each previous tier?

Answer from NUFC: Each period is guaranteed to take place.

Trust analysis: The club is seeking to ensuring some members and non-members (with purchase history) will receive tickets in their attempt to ensure a range of fans have access to Wembley. The vast majority of tickets will go to season ticket holders. Periods 4-6 seem to be ballots so not every qualifying applicant will receive tickets, unlike in periods 1-3 where tickets are guaranteed if you qualify and purchase through the cub site in your allocated period time slot.

Tbf to the trust they’ve at least got an answer to this question (assuming it’s correct). However if they’d consulted their membership rather than the board just greenlighting the clubs (on the face of it decent process) then they might have cleared this up earlier and been able to better communicate to their members and other supporters alike.