[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

1 minute ago, PCW1983 said:

Some will still run, normally 4 per hour in each direction between Edinburgh and KX. 

Thanks. Good to know. I had bought a coach ticket for after Southampton but sacked it off and got a train ticket when I found out they were on. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I see fans have been getting ticket info from Toon Polls and Burnsie. It'd be decent if there was a group of people who could seek clarity on this sort of thing, they could call them a trust or something like that.

Agree to a point, but the club could have just made it sufficiently clear in the first place like.

Can someone post a link to this alleged possible rail strike ? 

iirc they need to give at least 2 weeks notice. But realistically they’d not announce over a weekend so we should know tomorrow either way. 

7 hours ago, OCOCOL said:

Can someone post a link to this alleged possible rail strike ? 

iirc they need to give at least 2 weeks notice. But realistically they’d not announce over a weekend so we should know tomorrow either way. 

Yep, there is a meeting today about it so we’ll know later on 

If you drive down to London / eg outskirts 

Where is the best place to go / park if you want to get on the underground to get to Wembley 

Or a very handy train station close enough to get a train / sprinter type into / close to Wembley 

don’t want to drive right into London but I was thinking of driving close enough (not to get caught in all the London traffic) but not to far away (if that makes sense) 

any help Would be appreciated 

At first glance I was thinking about Watford ? As a sprinter train option ?

13 hours ago, NUFC91 said:

Few options mate, I've lived down here over 9 years, Watford good shout. Standard town really but you got a train 15 mins into London or the tube so both easy. Reading i lived there for nearly 6 years, again 24 mins direct to Paddington.

Best options Harrow on hill, few stops from Wembley, uxbridge on met line too and easy access or Watford.

Hopefully helpful^.

5 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

If you drive down to London / eg outskirts 

Where is the best place to go / park if you want to get on the underground to get to Wembley 

Or a very handy train station close enough to get a train / sprinter type into / close to Wembley 

don’t want to drive right into London but I was thinking of driving close enough (not to get caught in all the London traffic) but not to far away (if that makes sense) 

any help Would be appreciated 

At first glance I was thinking about Watford ? As a sprinter train option ?

I would use Heathrow 

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

I would use Heathrow 

I would do the same, there are tons of hotels near to T3 which will let you park for ~15quid a day then you can get into London either using the underground (Piccadilly), Heathrow Express or the Cross Rail (Queen Elizabeth Line) thing all from Heathrow Central.  Even a bus option.

The Oxford coach service 'Oxford tube' is decent as well, but is vulnerable to traffic of course. 

The tube stretches really far north and west in some places, like Uxbridge or Amersham are barely even London. Equally somewhere like Epping on the east. Long tube journey mind. 

Heathrow is a decent option but it's a bit further south so I don't know what that means for the drive. 

Brief look at the map, Croxley is my left field suggestion :lol: North of the station away from Watford town centre. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

8 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I'm looking at Wycombe/Beaconsfield.

Trains look quick from there and easy to get to by road.

Beaconsfield is also one of the best service stations in the UK, it’s got a lake. 

Yeah, if you’re OK with train as well as tube there are loads of options. The shopping train that goes through Bicester Village also calls at Wembley IIRC. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo