[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Ha ha - I'm a lawyer.  Small print is my day job...

I mean - it is what it is.  I can't do anything about it now, but I'll know for next time.

To be honest, it didn't even cross my mind that cup attendance would be a factor until I saw something on twitter the day before the semi about what Liverpool did.  It didn't cross my dad's mind or my brother's, so I don't think it's that uncommon.  And I don't recall it being a factor for the two previous finals I went to (albeit I was a kid then so I wasn't buying the tickets!).

Edited by Hughesy

1 minute ago, Hughesy said:

Ha ha - I'm a lawyer.  Small print is my day job...

I mean - it is what it is.  I can't do anything about it now.  I'll know for next time.

Exactly. And the overall positive we can at least all take is hopefully there will be a next time and even a next time after that if we all stick behind the club and it’s current owners. No guarantees in football but hopefully our chances will increase compared to previous two decades.

Not fancy treating yourself to a club Wembley on this occasion? Must be in the ball park of a Lawyer 🙂

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That's what I expected, knew nobody in the membership pots had much of a chance. 

It's a bit like the general sale periods, token gesture is nice but don't expect to actually get one. 

Yet it appears those with STs who haven’t got one are the most unhappy. Just shows it’s a thankless task 🙂

13 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yet it appears those with STs who haven’t got one are the most unhappy. Just shows it’s a thankless task 🙂

Guess much more of an expectation if you have a ST. 

I’m not frustrated for myself as such, I never expected one. Just think it’s an interesting point about so many fans not having a chance from now on. 

I know people selling it through reselling websites are terrible people, but where do I stand morally buying through a reseller? Would that make me a terrible person? 

Thinking of biting the bullet, yes its expensive but so were all the away days I've been to. I've been to Plymouth away midweek (the longest journey in English professional football.),  flown across Europe (after calling in sick) to see an unimportant premier league match at West Ham, had a season ticket despite living hundreds of miles away for years. Gave it up out as a personal protest at MA, despite knowing it would mean losing my loyalty points which I wanted to cling on to. Given this, is buying an over inflated ticket so bad? Its not like Its going to a random punter, I've put in the miles, attended the soul-searching defeats  (including to lower league clubs in the cub and the hard-to-get-to grounds in the Championship) and lived and breathed this club all my life. 

34 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Not sure if shared already…

manu have had years of succes, cup final and champions league until very recently.

i think the gripes are coming from ST holders for the amount of shit they had to put up with especially during the ashley years.

finally the pay-off comes and some of them didnt get a ticket.

37 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Guess much more of an expectation if you have a ST. 

I’m not frustrated for myself as such, I never expected one. Just think it’s an interesting point about so many fans not having a chance from now on. 

Is that something you or others wouldn’t have realised if we ever got to a Cup Final? 

Every well supported club faces the same issue when Cup Final allocations range between 26-33K.

Id actually see the way the club chose to do it on this occasion as a massive encouragement that you and others in a similar boat will get a chance as small as it might be. That’s why you’ve so many disappointed ST holders that took it for granted they’d get one regardless of Cup attendance.

Thought it was quite a bold decision to hold 3% back for none ST holders for such a big game.

Edited by LFEE

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Is that something you or others wouldn’t have realised if we ever got to a Cup Final? 

Every well supported club faces the same issue when Cup Final allocations range between 26-33K.

Id actually see the way the club chose to do it on this occasion as a massive encouragement that you and others in a similar boat will get a chance as small as it might be. That’s why you’ve so many disappointed ST holders that took it for granted they’d get one regardless of Cup attendance.

Thought it was quite a bold decision to hold 3% back for none ST holders for such a big game.

Not sure how it worked but the comfy seats Vs Leicester were empty and I can guarantee those ticket holders are among some complaining about the ballot process.

43 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

I know people selling it through reselling websites are terrible people, but where do I stand morally buying through a reseller? Would that make me a terrible person? 

Thinking of biting the bullet, yes its expensive but so were all the away days I've been to. I've been to Plymouth away midweek (the longest journey in English professional football.),  flown across Europe (after calling in sick) to see an unimportant premier league match at West Ham, had a season ticket despite living hundreds of miles away for years. Gave it up out as a personal protest at MA, despite knowing it would mean losing my loyalty points which I wanted to cling on to. Given this, is buying an over inflated ticket so bad? Its not like Its going to a random punter, I've put in the miles, attended the soul-searching defeats  (including to lower league clubs in the cub and the hard-to-get-to grounds in the Championship) and lived and breathed this club all my life. 

Not sure how you lads feel about it but it's extremely common for sporting events and concerts. I used to head down to the stadium the morning of a game (NFL) and I always found a ticket from someone on a street corner selling handfuls. Usually way over face value but sometimes well under if the game just started.

2 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Arent Man Utd ST holders forced to buy home/European cup tickets?

Not forced as such, as I think you can opt out (believe the Glazers did make it compulsory at one point, but it’s since been changed).

However, if you do opt out, you’re down the pecking order in situations like this.

10 hours ago, Heron said:

Yep and more people using more people's tickets, thus making it an entirely closed shop for newer match going fans.

Aye, the league cup is usually a chance for kids to get to their 1st ever game but will definitely be less availability after all this.