[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

Ridiculous situation in our group. About ten of us entered ballot, across different periods. Only person who got a ticket lives in Australia [emoji38]

Think 1 in 10 chance is about right TBH, if not slightly less for P6+. 

Shame about Australia mind, hope he knows the tickets aren’t transferable to anyone else. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

54 minutes ago, STM said:

Some of these away fans lived charmed lives mind. Leave the wives and kids at home every other weekend to go on the piss with the lads to every far flung corner of the land, then when cup tickets come around talk about the great "sacrifices" they have made. [emoji38] Poor little cocks should be getting the George's cross.

Said the other day that there is a million nuances to everyone's individual stories.  There's guys on this forum who live in foreign fields who have never had the chance to build up any sort of loyalty but they live and breath Newcastle in their own way and there's season ticket holders who no longer even attend, who just buy their ticket each year as a matter of habit.

It's all over the place.

Genuinely baffles me how many blokes in their 30s and 40s (who have wives and children) go every week. I’m amazed they’re still married :lol:

That’s what I loved about the away days as a younger bloke. 16-21 year old, saving up your money, buying a ticket with all your mates and going on a dreadful bus full of bigger and harder radgies than you. Sadly, that experience will occur less and less as the club becomes a closed shop - IF this isn’t dealt with properly. 

Been humming and harring a lot since going to the NUST AGM, but I’m really starting to think I might stand at the next AGM. Ticketing is the number 1 issue for its supporters - and the outcry from yesterday looks like the majority aren’t happy. It’s only going to get worse. It needs addressed properly now and I’m not sure I have the utmost faith in it being addressed efficiently and transparently after reading the AGM minutes. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think 1 in 10 chance is about right TBH, if not slightly less for P6+. 

Shame about Australia mind, hope he knows the tickets aren’t transferable to anyone else. 

Someone else will be going with it regardless mate.

Just now, TheGuv said:

Genuinely baffles me how many blokes in their 30s and 40s (who have wives and children) go every week. I’m amazed they’re still married :lol:

That’s what I loved about the away days as a younger bloke. 16-21 year old, saving up your money, buying a ticket with all your mates and going on a dreadful bus full of bigger and harder radgies than you. Sadly, that experience will occur less and less as the club becomes a closed shop - IF this isn’t dealt with properly. 

Been humming and harring a lot since going to the NUST AGM, but I’m really starting to think I might stand at the next AGM. Ticketing is the number 1 issue for its supporters - and the outcry from yesterday looks like the majority aren’t happy. It’s only going to get worse. It needs addressed properly now and I’m not sure I have the utmost faith in it being addressed efficiently and transparently after reading the AGM minutes. 

Agree 100%, you grow up quick on those trips.

Also, definitely get involved if you think you can spare the time.

4 minutes ago, magorific said:

Yep, agreed. It hurts (and I'm far more disappointed for my sons than me), but we're still in the final.

The way I see it is that this is the new NUFC. A cup final won’t be a once in a generation thing. Your sons may miss out this time but they’ll be there shortly.

Up the Mags. 

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

You have to be in your 40s to have enough loyalty points really, I guess the younger people have to be getting the tickets from someone else?

Just now, Danh1 said:

The way I see it is that this is the new NUFC. A cup final won’t be a once in a generation thing. Your sons may miss out this time but they’ll be there shortly.

Up the Mags. 

My only worry is how, though.

Like, I'm not going to be earning any loyalty points and presumably I won't be able to buy a season ticket, so I can't see a way to get tickets to anything apart from home games. You'll never be able to move up the loyalty pyramid. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You have to be in your 40s to have enough loyalty points really, I guess the younger people have to be getting the tickets from someone else?

Well I do* and I'm 33, but I was a spoilt kid with my dad taking me from the age of 6. Having said that I've only picked up a moderate amount over the last ten years.

(*not in my name anymore, transferred to friend, but still use when im back)

10 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

You’ve got my vote.

I’ve been to 20 odd away games and have zero loyalty points know some folk with high points but who no longer go away regularly, I’d not of had a prayer of going to any otherwise. 

I understand that’s not ideal as the people with loads continue to accumulate and it’s impossible to get on the ladder. 

Will probably try and get tickets to some random away pre season game to try accumulate some of my own but it would be a struggle. 

Edited by GeordieDazzler

The loyalty points won’t change sadly, the ‘Trust’ made their stance quite clear on that. (not advocating people lose them btw).

The way I see it, as @Heronsuggested, is bringing in a system that allows people to accumulate points by other means - ST renewal, cup games etc. If there was a way to ensure the person using the ticket was the person attending would be mint too, but no idea how that would work. I think Brighton have a certain % of away fans have to pick them up with ID at away ground? Could be wrong.

The last thing we want to do is shut out the next generation of fan because someone is hoarding loads of points. I know a good few people that buy an away ticket every single game but literally go to one or two a season at a push. That can’t be fair, surely?

4 hours ago, Hovagod said:

Unless you are suggesting that Period One people should not have got tickets, I'm not really sure what your point is here. I don't care if members jumped on the bandwagon or not. I would guess that some did and some did not. Those that gave up tickets because of Ashley...I applaud their actions, but then they got them back now we're owned by the Saudi state, so I'm not quite ready to give them an unopposed moral platform just yet. 

All of which doesn't really matter. The point is that nobody without a season ticket should have got tickets ahead of season ticket holders. Newcastle have roughly thirty thousand tickets and thirty thousand season ticket holders. In the entire history of cup final allocations across the entire country, I don't think that this has ever been a remotely controversial stance.

And you include the Ashley 10k ST freebie mob in that, yes?

11 minutes ago, magorific said:

And you include the Ashley 10k ST freebie mob in that, yes?

Well, I don’t know what happened there? If they paid for a season ticket in 2020/21 or 2021/22, then yes I include them

Edited by Hovagod

Possible ideas include ID checks or official reselling, so only the person who physically attends a game gets loyalty points. Loyalty points for other things than away games. Points that expire over time. A percentage of tickets held back for non-ST holders. Different categories of away games with different criteria.

There are probably others. The question is if you think it's a problem that the same few fans get priority on everything.

Personally I think it's very unfair that the lucky few get everything, but I would say that since I can't get a ST :lol: 

20 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Possible ideas include ID checks or official reselling, so only the person who physically attends a game gets loyalty points. Loyalty points for other things than away games. Points that expire over time. A percentage of tickets held back for non-ST holders. Different categories of away games with different criteria.

There are probably others. The question is if you think it's a problem that the same few fans get priority on everything.

Personally I think it's very unfair that the lucky few get everything, but I would say that since I can't get a ST :lol: 

Maybe do period ballots for away games with set amounts avail for people with points (guaranteed a seat providing they get in quick) and then say a decent chunk go to ballot to either members or season ticket holders? 

I know I’m suggesting this after being grumpy I didn’t get a ticket in P4 but it might just work :lol:

5 hours ago, Hovagod said:

All of which doesn't really matter. The point is that nobody without a season ticket should have got tickets ahead of season ticket holders. Newcastle have roughly thirty thousand tickets and thirty thousand season ticket holders. In the entire history of cup final allocations across the entire country, I don't think that this has ever been a remotely controversial stance.

And there lies the problem as there over 35K ST holders and under 33K Final tickets so not every ST holder would be guaranteed one so there has to be further criteria based on loyalty (points P1&2) and the club has historically always rewarded those who went to the actual cup ties regardless of league game attendance hence the other P’s.

My only surprise is people are surprised how they set up the criteria as it was always going to be something based on what I’ve said above.  Your assertion about ST > Cup games with regards to NUFC cup finals is not correct.

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

And there lies the problem as there over 35K ST holders and under 33K Final tickets so not every ST holder would be guaranteed one so there has to be further criteria based on loyalty (points P1&2) and the club has historically always rewarded those who went to the actual cup ties regardless of league game attendance hence the other P’s.

My only surprise is people are surprised how they set up the criteria as it was always going to be something based on what I’ve said above.  Your assertion about ST > Cup games with regards to NUFC cup finals is not correct.

How many non-season ticket holders got tickets for the finals in the 90s?

55 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

The loyalty points won’t change sadly, the ‘Trust’ made their stance quite clear on that. (not advocating people lose them btw).

The way I see it, as @Heronsuggested, is bringing in a system that allows people to accumulate points by other means - ST renewal, cup games etc. If there was a way to ensure the person using the ticket was the person attending would be mint too, but no idea how that would work. I think Brighton have a certain % of away fans have to pick them up with ID at away ground? Could be wrong.

The last thing we want to do is shut out the next generation of fan because someone is hoarding loads of points. I know a good few people that buy an away ticket every single game but literally go to one or two a season at a push. That can’t be fair, surely?

A mate of mine is a Brighton ST Holder and I'm led to believe they've really cracked down on the issue of unauthorised reselling of tickets by undertaking genuine (rather than token) ID checks and any guys seen to have sold their tickets on lose loyalty points and he reckons they get a 10 game ban from attending the Amex Stadium.

Not sure how accurate that is, I've never bothered to check, but if Brighton are doing that or something along those lines, it's a fair bet we'll be thinking of implementing something similar.