[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

12 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Here is a stat for you.

Every Tyneside and Northumberland team that has played a cup final at the new Wembley, has won.

Without looking into it, that sounds very questionable…

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Whitley Bay X 3, Dunston, North Shields, Morpeth, South Shields, and Hebburn.

Consett lost the Vase final there. But I guess they’ll not be classed as “Tyneside and Northumberland”. Think West Auckland did too, but same probably applies.

Gateshead lost the playoff final too didn’t they (think that was new Wembley?). But that’s probably not a “cup final”.

So, you can probably argue your stat is correct, although there’s a load of caveats.

2 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Club Wembley have said they’re cancelling any tickets sold on resale sites. Not sure how they’ll be able to do that but there’s always a risk.

The only way to guarantee a ticket is to take out the 3 year club Wembley membership which will set you back about £7.5k in total. Gets you all england games, Fa Cup semis and final, carabao cup final and charity shield. You can sell any tickets you can’t use on their portal but it’s obviously a risk you may be stuck with tickets you don’t want.

What an absolute disgrace.

9 minutes ago, SteV said:

Consett lost the Vase final there. But I guess they’ll not be classed as “Tyneside and Northumberland”. Think West Auckland did too, but same probably applies.

Gateshead lost the playoff final too didn’t they (think that was new Wembley?). But that’s probably not a “cup final”.

So, you can probably argue your stat is correct, although there’s a load of caveats.

Yeah, I deliberately worded it like I did.

As it happens, Consett lost it to Hebburn, and West Auckland lost it twice, one of them being Dunston.

1 minute ago, Jinky said:

What an absolute disgrace.

It’s obviously incredibly shite for anyone that’s purchased one. Hopefully there’s some way to recoup their outlay.

However, this kind of thing has to be done to stamp out touting. We’re all seeing these sites putting tickets up for £2k+, thinking ‘that’s a disgrace’, but if no-one does anything it’s never going to change. 

How these sites are allowed to operate in the first place when it’s supposed to be illegal to resell a football ticket above FV, is another question entirely.

2 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Club Wembley have said they’re cancelling any tickets sold on resale sites. Not sure how they’ll be able to do that but there’s always a risk.

The only way to guarantee a ticket is to take out the 3 year club Wembley membership which will set you back about £7.5k in total. Gets you all england games, Fa Cup semis and final, carabao cup final and charity shield. You can sell any tickets you can’t use on their portal but it’s obviously a risk you may be stuck with tickets you don’t want.

Just so I’m understanding this as a bit of a contradiction…

You could buy a one off ticket without a membership that’s being resold via an official Wembley resale site but not an unofficial resale site?

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You could buy a one off ticket without a membership that’s being resold via an official Wembley resale site but not an unofficial resale site?

Yeah, I think the official site has a cap on what can be charged.

11 minutes ago, SteV said:

That’s what I was wondering. Should be applauded for cancelling the seats. I hate it with music gigs so it be hypocritical of me to justify it with football tickets. If Club Wembley members want to resell individual tickets they’ve been given a platform to do so. Stops people from buying memberships and simply turning them into cash cows.

Still have my doubts they would actually cancel them mind. As they could then revoke the membership from the seller you’d think by tracking the information. 

Edited by LFEE

14 minutes ago, SteV said:

Think on the link someone shared few pages back about official resellers P1 travel is one of them and they're charging £2,014 for ticket + night hotel so that's circa 6x markup on face value for the ticket, seems very out of line they're "officially" allowed to do that. 

Karius: Champions League final - lost.

Trippier: Champions League final - lost. Euros Final - lost.

Schär: Uhrencup - won.

Botman: Trophee des Champions - won.

Burn: League One playoff final - won.

Bruno: Copa do Brasil - won. Copa Sudamericana - won. Coupe de la Ligue - won. Olympics - won.

Joelinton: No major finals.

Willock: Unused sub in various Arsenal finals.

Longstaff: No major finals.

ASM: No major finals.

Wilson: No major finals.

Almiron: MLS Cup - won.

Isak: Copa del Rey - won.

De Gea: Europa League - won x2. Lost x1. Super Cup - won. FA Cup - won. League Cup - won. Community Shield - won x3.

Wan Bissaka: Europa League - lost.

Dalot: No major finals.

Varane: Copa del Rey - won, Supercopa de Espana - won x3, Champions League - won x4, Super Cup- won x3, Club World Cup - won x4, World Cup - won 1, lost 1.

Martinez: KNVB Cup - won, Cruyff Shield - won, World Cup - won, Copa America - won, Cup of Champions - won.

Shaw: Europa League - won 1, lost 1, Community Shield - won, Euros Final - lost.

Casemiro: Copa Sudamericana - won, Copa del Rey, Supercopa del Espana - won x3, Champions League - won x5 :lol:, Super Cup - won x3, Club World Cup - won x3, Copa America - won.

Fernandes: Taca del Portugal - won, Tara del liga - won x2, Europa League - lost.

Fred: Ukrainian Cup - won, Ukrainian Super Cup - won, Europa League - lost, Copa America - lost.

Rashford: FA Cup - won, League Cup - won, Community Shield - won, Europa League - won 1, lost 1, Euros Final - lost.

Weghort: No major finals.

Sancho: DFB Pokal - won, DFB Supercup - won, Euros Final - lost.

Howe: No major finals.

Ten Hag: KNVB Cup - won x2, Cruyff Shield - won.

27 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Haven't watched Barca for ages but do they still play their tika taka style, causing Man Utd to chase the ball over and over again? 

Yes. We were shattered last 10-15 against Barca. 

1 hour ago, Andy84 said:

I’m hoping there will be both a bit of fatigue and complacency on Man Utd’s behalf

It is certain that we will be fatigued and also certain that we won't be complacent. 

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

You have to buy a membership to be able to buy off their portal (it’s basically so members can take an additional person along)