Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

The PL is absolutely fucked here. They’ve already been struggling with legal fees and now you have the possibility of some of the best legal teams in the corporate world chasing them for significant damages. All the while the teams on the other side of the coin undoubtedly threatening them if they start introducing interest on shareholder loans for PSR. 

interestingly, this will split the cartel clubs as Chelsea and Arsenal fucked while Mancs have got zero in loans. 

47 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

We are mentioned 15 times in the full decision. 

The speed at which things went into motion following the takeover is pretty incredible. 

I mean, I struggle to get most this malarkey but it seems to me the door has swung wide open for us to accuse the Premier League of anti-competitivity with regards to Newcastle United and an unfair and unjust system designed to prevent Newcastle especially from progressing into the upper echelons of the PL. The PL, of course, having bene lobbied by the existing members (as you'd expect). As a club we should really nail the PL and rival clubs now and "stick it to the man". Fuck the whole lot of them. Except Man City, who ironically we may now be able to compete with :lol:

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

I mean, I struggle to get most this malarkey but it seems to me the door has swung wide open for us to accuse the Premier League of anti-competitivity with regards to Newcastle United and an unfair and unjust system designed to prevent Newcastle especially from progressing into the upper echelons of the PL. The PL, of course, having bene lobbied by the existing members (as you'd expect). As a club we should really nail the PL and rival clubs now and "stick it to the man". Fuck the whole lot of them. Except Man City, who ironically we may now be able to compete with :lol:

Now there's a word I'll never be able to say after a few pints.

I think we have an opportunity as good as we'll ever have to go for the kill. In any normal organisation the person at the top of the pile would be waiting for his P45 right about now, problem is the PL is anything but a normal organisation.

34 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Fuck this shit into the Sun. So sick of football being a legal playground. Something needs to change very very soon to make football less corrupt otherwise it will destroy itself 

Yep. Absolutely this. At what point did football become as much about the business and boardroom as the 11 on the pitch? Like as a fan, we're embroiled in this absolute shite instead of simply looking forward to the next midweek or Saturday game. Football itself has become too much, extra games, more extra games, more television, more money. The novelty of a midweek European game and a Saturday 3 o clock is long lost and we're all a cash cow being milked by the media.

Football requires adequate and uncorrupt governance and to be brought back in line.

That being said, let's spunk some money a wipe the floor with all the DCs that chained us back.

2 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Now there's a word I'll never be able to say after a few pints.

I think we have an opportunity as good as we'll ever have to go for the kill. In any normal organisation the person at the top of the pile would be waiting for his P45 right about now, problem is the PL is anything but a normal organisation.

However ....the person at the top of the pile is just a stooge for the SKY6 clubs he has no power at all

The irony from Goldbridge the loud screaming siren like cunt saying it would be “anti competitive” if rich owners could slash cash into their clubs :lol: Yea it would be, but it’s anti competitive as it is now too. I don’t want us to spend 1bn a window. I want us to have the same possibility as the the “cartel”. 

Just now, Ikon said:

The irony from Goldbridge the loud screaming siren like cunt saying it would be “anti competitive” if rich owners could slash cash into their clubs :lol: Yea it would be, but it’s anti competitive as it is now too. I don’t want us to spend 1bn a window. I want us to have the same possibility as the the “cartel”. 

Level playing field is all. Is this why we've held off for training ground and kit sponsor. Newcastle now training @ Aramco!

3 minutes ago, Fak said:

Are we about to lift off? 

Just now, Stottie said:

Does this mean #cans?

Probably not, it probably just takes the rules back to where they were this time last year. Other than the interest free loan stuff.

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Level playing field is all. Is this why we've held off for training ground and kit sponsor. Newcastle now training @ Aramco!

Silverstone said they didnt want to be tied into deals when the landscape could look different a couple of years down the line. Hopefully he was referring to this.... 

Am I the only one that feels like it will barely change anything for us? Just feel like we have had a few false hopes in the past few years that the rules are going to be relaxed for then nothing to happen. We also never seem to have the appetite to bring legal cases to the PL, hopefully that changes here because it is ridiculous how quickly they brought rules in to limit our growth. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

So FMV stays but the clubs don’t need to justify it.  This is a win but a smallish one. 

The loan thing is a bigger win imo. 

How does that make sense? If you don’t need to justify it, can’t you just inflate the deals? Genuine question btw as I am completely clueless with all this stuff.

3 minutes ago, Vaj said:

Am I the only one that feels like it will barely change anything for us? Just feel like we have had a few false hopes in the past few years that the rules are going to be relaxed for then nothing to happen. We also never seem to have the appetite to bring legal cases to the PL, hopefully that changes here because it is ridiculous how quickly they brought rules in to limit our growth. 

The media knows how to blow it all up and make it seem 10 times more dramatic than what it really is..

Just now, Erikse said:

The media knows how to blow it all up and make it seem 10 times more dramatic than what it really is..

SSN right now.

’Stay tuned for after the break as we have an update of the Manchester City win against the Premier League’.

No you don’t, it’s turning 5pm. You are in an hourly loop of covering stories, and you are just going back round to it.