Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

Manchester City are doing our heavy lifting for us.

Darren Eales started all this continual discussion about the FFP rules unfairness and discrimination earlier this year when he deliberately stated that the worlds richest club would have to sell players to buy players. That shocked people, and although the Media got it wrong in their interpretation of us "selling players" and morphing into us "selling our BIG players" it had the absolute effect on those that it was aimed at, as realisation has dawned in football about the unfair/illegal discriminatory restraint of trade rules.

City are doing our heavy lifting.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Ben said:

I think the rules are now starting to kick in after 3 years so it's affecting big clubs

No doubt. Owners should be allowed to invest what they can afford. These rules are being made to directly stop owners with wealth investing in their own business and its total corruption. It's been boiling for a while now and finally we are seeing a legal response. Personally I couldn't give a fuck about other clubs as the vast majority of them and their supporters were laughing at us when PIF initially stepped back. Only teams I give a fuck about are the ones representing NUFC

Edited by et tu brute

7 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Do UEFA have their own version of APT/FMV? 

I think the whole PSG situation would suggest they don't.

Here's hoping it works, it was always a ridiculous set of rules anyway.

It was very short sighted of the PL, let's just hamstring all of the clubs from bringing in the best they can. How would the Premier league claim to be the best league in the world if it stops itself from getting the best players/teams?

13 minutes ago, STM said:

At this stage, I'm not sure I would bother with a DoF. I'd be looking at a technical director who works alongside a head of player recruitment model.

If Nickson is the head of recruitment, the technical director runs the academy, the medical side, the women's team and helps oversee the transfer negotiations.

Abandon the wheel and spoke set up?! 

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Can't believe you love Raoul Moat

My point is that they will all point blank tell you that it’s this bastion of utopia.

I know theirs cunts in Newcastle, and amongst our support.

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

My point is that they will all point blank tell you that it’s this bastion of utopia.

I know theirs cunts in Newcastle, and amongst our support.

And you can't connect the dots and see why these two positions are incompatible? 

The rules need changing, some clubs also need protecting. I don’t want to see us just being able to throw money around for a team of mercaneries but I would want to see us build a team who want to be here and for us to be able to spend what that takes. If that means putting escrow type money to safeguard clubs viability I’d be in favour of that. I’d quite like to see salary caps and annual transfer spend caps

The PL have almost invited this challenge after kowtowing to certain clubs. They made a mess of our takeover and ever since have tried to introduce rules to limit us.

You have to imagine that City believe they have a pretty solid case. Could be popcorn viewing.

50 minutes ago, madras said:

Nah, Liverpool done it in the 60s., Sunderland tried in the 50s and got caught.

No, you're forgetting football was invented in 1992. You must be thinking of a different sport.

Just now, simonsays said:

How many of these rules that Man City are now arguing against did they vote for? 

Given its the APT rule that’s being challenged only, none of them.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

How can that be legally sound ? Fair market value is what someone wants to pay 

I just find it twilight zoney to think of Man City as having cheated but not the elite clubs that have at every turn used every opportunity to literally rewrite the rules nevermind break them on each occasion to further advantage them and disadvantage would-be competitors.

No conflation was needed with limiting spending, protecting the smaller clubs to hobbling competition and ring-fencing themselves and their trough.

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm sure I already read they have a witness statement from another club, absolutely convinced this will be Newcastle.

3 hours ago, midds said:

The only worry I have is that the threat of City taking them through the courts may be just enough to get their charges done away with without it actually getting to court

It's clearly a 'look over here, not over there' tactic.  But if it helps our cause then great.

Hopefully the whole league and football pyramid comes crumbling down and ceases to exist. I want to see the lot burn (with a new setup rising from its ashes). Couldn't give a fuck about the consequences for any club, including ourselves. 

Ultimately PL market themselves as a global brand and have enlisted a company to determine FMV, how can this company reliably determine FMV in relation to the Saudi company and what sponsorship of us will bring them financially, it seems a very difficult calculation to make and fraught with complications due to the unique position both ourselves and City are in.

The one thing I would urge people not to do is listen to a thing journalists have to say on this matter because they won’t have a fucking clue.

Whereas City will have the best Lawyers money can buy. 

Whilst they are at it Newcastle should take the PL court over the PSR rules as they need challenging as well.