Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

I'm a big fan of what Boehly has done. Signed a shit tonne of wonderkids, and found multiple PSR loopholes. 

That Chelsea team will be a force in 2 years. 

32 minutes ago, TRC said:

I'm a big fan of what Boehly has done. Signed a shit tonne of wonderkids, and found multiple PSR loopholes. 

That Chelsea team will be a force in 2 years. 

Aye, it’s absolutely fucking class. Just renewed my Chelsea season ticket 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Aye, it’s absolutely fucking class. Just renewed my Chelsea season ticket 

They will be the next PL team to win at least 2 trophies outside of City. 

7 minutes ago, TRC said:

They will be the next PL team to win at least 2 trophies outside of City. 

Under Enzo Maresca? Can't see it myself, they're still, and likely always will be under Boehly, a fucking basket case club, loopholes or not.

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Under Enzo Maresca? Can't see it myself, they're still, and likely always will be under Boehly, a fucking basket case club, loopholes or not.

No just the next team to win at least 2 trophies, Enzo or not.

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

No just the next team to win at least 2 trophies, Enzo or not.

Don't care if they win the quadruple for the next 5 years, they can keep what they're doing, hate them with a passion and their cunty fans.

Well if that ended up being the case, thank heavens these rules came in to stop clubs like City and Chelsea winning everything.  Was well worth fucking everything up and punishing ambition for such a sea-change

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Wonder why we're not doing this when the loopholes have been exposed.

Simple we have no assets, the one we did have Ashley sold and had to be repurchased.

Chelsea's finance team are absolutely top drawer :lol:

It's gone way beyond the point of being annoyed, I'm genuinely impressed that they've exploited yet another loophole and dodged another PSR bullet for another year. These fuckers are so far ahead of the game they're openly laughing the face of the PL, I'm genuinely a big big fan of what they're doing

Chelsea are being investigated over historic breaches still, so you would home the league would hit them hard over that to make up for them blatantly taking the piss with their latest stunts.

I wish we would do the same.

Suppose it's hilarious at the moment (especially seeing the Pool and Arse fans seethe), but it'll not be so hilarious for us when they're back challenging for top 4 or better. Arse, Pool and City should remain favourites for top 3, leaving potentially five clubs chasing that last spot.

Edited by Turnbull2000

Thing is about Chelsea is that it'll all either catch up with them and they'll be thrown out the league, or, and most likely, ffp and psr cease to exist because of them and citeh, which opens the door for us. 

After our well publicised PSR struggles, rejig of boardroom and upcoming summit this weekend fully expect a big announcement soon in relation to sponsorship, think PIF are about to take us to firmly into phase 2.

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

Never seen that, thanks for posting. We’re going to miss Amanda by the looks of that.

You not seen the entire documentary filmed by Amazon? Definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it. Purely for Eddie's pre match team talk against Man Utd.

i'm really tired, and probably being thick, but how on earth do you sell something to yourself? and make it count for PSR? especially something so clearly linked to the club, as the womens club lol

9 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

After our well publicised PSR struggles, rejig of boardroom and upcoming summit this weekend fully expect a big announcement soon in relation to sponsorship, think PIF are about to take us to firmly into phase 2.

ITK or tea leaves ?

6 minutes ago, Hudson said:

ITK or tea leaves ?

Just my opinion unless our income stream increases it’s going to be very difficult to challenge consistently and they’ll know that.

What I understand about Chelsea is that as part of Boehly being allowed to take over the club for a cheap 2.5 B, they had to commit to investing another 1.7 B.

They got a scam of a deal for Abramovich's shares. So Basically Boehly is spending all this money now securing talent and future proofing them for the next 7 years, once he reaches his 1.7 B investment, I doubt we see him putting any more in. Seems they went with 1.7 B on player transfers too, rather than a much needed stadium refurb or new build.

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Just my opinion unless our income stream increases it’s going to be very difficult to challenge consistently and they’ll know that.

We wouldn't have bothered with the likes of Eales, Silverstone & Mitchell if they weren't interested in challenging at the very top.

Nothing hilarious about any of this to me.  This is precisely why Chelsea were one of the clubs who pushed for these rules in the first place - they have the means of exploiting the loopholes.  The other members of the Sky Six would be in a similar boat.  The rules were implemented by these clubs knowing full well they’d never suffer under them. 

41 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Thing is about Chelsea is that it'll all either catch up with them and they'll be thrown out the league, or, and most likely, ffp and psr cease to exist because of them and citeh, which opens the door for us. 

Alternatively...they'll get away with it, there'll never be a public explanation why, teams well below them in the table who have spent a fraction of what they have will continue to receive points deductions.