Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

City aren't a cartel club. They are perceived as gatecrashers IMO, the football royalty is Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal. To a lesser extent Spurs and Chelsea.

The cartel is most definitely Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs.  All were original PL cartel members for the formation of the PL. 

I don’t know what Chelsea are on now but Roman wasn’t part of the cartel.  He spent hundreds of millions circumventing and cheating the rules. 

Sorry to be a pedant but this is a definition of a cartel:

A cartel is a group of independent market participants who collude with each other as well as agreeing not to compete with each other in order to improve their profits and dominate the mark. 

That doesn’t include sportswashing clubs like City or whatever interests Roman had.  The last lines are inportant. Abu Dhabi, Roman and PIF aren’t in it for profit - at least not the same way the American owners and Levy are.  That’s where their interest don’t align.  

37 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I wonder what's happening with the APT arbitration case?

I was wondering about this, as any victories here by Man City could significantly affect this case. I.e. if some of the rules they were alleged to have broken were subsequently shown to be illegal, it could undermine at least some of them, if not all.

Initial reports iirc were that in arbitration City had won at least some of these legal points. Maybe the silence here is because the arbitration and therefore presumably the results of it were supposed to be private.

Edited by Abacus

13 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I was wondering about this, as any victories here by Man City could significantly affect this case. I.e. if some of the rules they were alleged to have broken were subsequently shown to be illegal, it could undermine at least some of them, if not all.

Initial reports iirc were that in arbitration City had won at least some of these legal points. Maybe the silence here is because the arbitration and therefore presumably the results of it was supposed to be private.

Well according to Ziegler City have had some wins as he reported about 3-4 week’s ago. If he’s correct I hope they’re significant wins. 

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

Well according to Ziegler City have had some wins as he reported about 3-4 week’s ago. If he’s correct I hope they’re significant wins. 

In this article, Stefan Borson suggested "The official verdict [of the APT case] is unlikely to be made public before Man City’s FFP hearing concludes."

https://www.football365.com/news/man-city-ffp-emphatic-apt-appeal-verdict-predicted-citizens-tipped-found-guilty#:~:text=Man City FFP%3A Expert gives,tipped to be 'found guilty'

Edited by TK-421

4 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

In this article, Stefan Borson suggested "The official verdict [of the APT case] is unlikely to be made public before Man City’s FFP hearing concludes."

https://www.football365.com/news/man-city-ffp-emphatic-apt-appeal-verdict-predicted-citizens-tipped-found-guilty#:~:text=Man City FFP%3A Expert gives,tipped to be 'found guilty'

Would any club kick off if City were cleared of all charges ?

12 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

So that’s another couple of years then? Surely the likes of Villa are going to kick up a fuss about this at their next meeting?

9 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Sadly, the article also quotes Andy Gray saying "I don't know", and then proceeding to talk like a man in the pub [emoji38]

However, in a classic case of hypocrisy, and fully using my Andy Gray exemption, I might guess that if they have had some wins in the arbitration case, then this could roll into the 115 charges case, to see what the practical implications of those wins are when applied to other aspects of the rules. Hence, maybe why the silence on this until those charges are decided.

And yes, I know what what you're thinking, you're probably better off sitting next to Andy Gray in the pub.

Worry is the PL uses the long lead time in the City case to prime the Cartel to close loopholes City have found so we can’t use them. Parish will be stroking himself giddy with glee.

1 hour ago, TK-421 said:

The Arbitration Hearing was supposed to be confidential and was leaked and it’s likely any rulings will be to.

Not sure how I want this one to play out…

A weakened City brings us closer to them on our path of world domination

vs.

Premier League getting another kicking which hopefully challenges legality of PSR and APT

Leaning towards wanting City to hand the Premier League a new one and hopefully opening up our floodgates.

in fact United’s £40million Covid claim was double all the other 19 top-flight clubs combined

the Premier League allowed United to claim £40million as Covid-related losses but Uefa would not accept that figure

regarding the loss due to sale of the club:

“We know that around £10million of that cost was executive management termination costs which would ordinarily not be permitted deductions.

it does seem really dodgy. 

4 hours ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

regarding the loss due to sale of the club:

it does seem really dodgy. 

There’s a reason Liverpool and Man U wanted to hold their own private interview with new PL CEO. 

Edited by Whitley mag

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Between this and the Chelsea Hotel sales, I'm surprised a few clubs haven't kicked off.

Is suppose the difference is that Chelsea's hotel sale was technically within clearly defined rules - that asset sales can count towards income as far as FFP is concerned. 

Man Utd's numbers just read like they've gone "That's an allowable deduction...and that's an allowable deduction...oh and so is this...and these..." and the PL have meekly responded "Yes sir..."

I've said it before but PSR calculations should be publicly available. If there genuinely isn't anything dodgy going on and everyone is being held to the same standard, both the PL and the clubs being accused of wrongdoing would be better off.

On 12/09/2024 at 19:50, Maggies said:

Not sure how I want this one to play out…

A weakened City brings us closer to them on our path of world domination

vs.

Premier League getting another kicking which hopefully challenges legality of PSR and APT

Leaning towards wanting City to hand the Premier League a new one and hopefully opening up our floodgates.

Man City will drop off post pep regardless, so rather have Man City win the case so we can close on the others. They don’t win, the gap to Liverpool / Arsenal / Man Utd financially remains huge and a gap that will continually be made more difficult to close.

On 12/09/2024 at 23:02, The Prophet said:

Between this and the Chelsea Hotel sales, I'm surprised a few clubs haven't kicked off.

Id imagine ourselves, Villa, Everton and a few others are gathering evidence and data on all these shenanigans with the so called and self appointed "top 6".