Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

Just now, 54 said:

What do we reckon, the PSR limit being extended so that clubs like Arsenal can comply with the new loan based ruling?

But only just enough so that Everton still get the rod.

18 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

What next? Masters out on his arse for starters.

Not a chance, the Sky 6 will not want anyone in charge who will actually stand up to them, thats why it took so long to hire him in the first place, didnt loads of competent people turn them down for that very reason, someone like Charnley might be a good replacement if he quits on his own accord though.

Just now, et tu brute said:

Of course it is, I honestly don't understand how anyone cannot see that. The APT rules have been deemed unlawful and have to be changed ; and I would be gobsmacked if the changes were not significant, with the changes not being changed deemed as insignificant, despite the Premier League's words. 

Unlawful in some respects. Doesn't mean they will be got rid of and it seems like the tribunal agreed with the premise of the idea of APT.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

Have these PSR rules failed miserably where Brighton and Everton are concerned ? If those loans are called in they are fucked.

I think the point is that you could argue that an owner should be allowed to invest a loan at any interest rate that they deem appropriate to their ambitions.

But that's obviously no different to investing to what's appropriate to your ambitions no matter which other route you do it by. 

Why were loans excluded from that? Well, errrm...

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

Staveley talked openly about Spurs and Liverpool being the two biggest anti-NUFC protagonists 

Beyond that it's just educated guess work on the rest

They name them in The Times article. Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, then the cuck clubs Brighton, Bournemouth, Wolves and Brentford along with West Ham.

The issue is the numbers, Man City, Newcastle, Everton, Forrest and Leicester will be against any new rules that are legally compliant. 

The PL will need 14 votes to get their way, unless some clubs abstain. That means 3 more clubs have to be against. Villa are one potentially, Chelsea another. Who is the third 

7 minutes ago, madras said:

Unlawful in some respects. Doesn't mean they will be got rid of and it seems like the tribunal agreed with the premise of the idea of APT.

No the tribunal judged that APT was unlawful 

Just as an aside, modern football is the pits.

PSR; Financial Fair Play; VAR; the standard of refereeing; the fact that states can buy clubs; the fact the capitalists can buy clubs with the only care being to flip a profit; ticket and merchandise prices hikes; TV price hikes; fake fans like Mark Goldbridge continually stoking a negative narrative all to generate clicks and divide discourse; inflated transfer fees and wages that mean the common person can't relate to the people they're watching; the Premier League/ La Liga etc prioritizing and favoring select clubs just because they have the biggest "brand". 

All of it shit, utter utter shit and its going to lead to a point where at some point football is going to implode in on itself, and i'm starting to think it needs to happen sooner rather than later.

5 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Surely those loans need to be addressed as using them feels a little unfair and unlawful?

Yeah what the fuck is that bullshittery? Just loan yourself money to mitigate psr?

39 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Tried to look on company house, but they have not posted accounts for 23 and are about 6 months late on normal accounts posting date of April.

Are they skint ?

Nee idea.

I can't really understand the want to so quickly enforce regulations on us given our growth was going to take time and be organic and met with restrictions when it came to Europe anyway, you'd have thought you'd enforce something you were going to get right. 

Edited by JEToon

11 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Surely those loans need to be addressed as using them feels a little unfair and unlawful?

They will need to put them in the accounts at market interest rates for the purposes of PSR, 

That will be about 6%, so a £200m interest free loan from an owner will incur a PSR cost of £12m a season, as a crude example, basically the cost of a £40m player paid £80k a week

10 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

They name them in The Times article. Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, then the cuck clubs Brighton, Bournemouth, Wolves and Brentford along with West Ham.

That’s the clubs who backed the PL over City in their case 

We’re on about the 11 x clubs who 2 days after NUFC takeover were emailing the PL asking for an urgent meeting where they subsequently agreed to change the financial rules to restrict NUFC  

Edited by bobbydazzla

Time to introduce a maximum transfer and salary budget cap that all clubs can spend up to. None of this you can only spend x% of your earnings which you can’t grow by the way as you can’t invest in your business even though I built my empire when there were no restrictions and I can spend freely.

8 minutes ago, madras said:

So Saudiair can sponsor us for billions ?

Maybe or maybe not as Saudis Arabia FMV will be different to the UK and if knocked will certainly be legally challenged. That doesn't change the fact the tribunal ruled that APT was unlawful 

16 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

They will need to put them in the accounts at market interest rates for the purposes of PSR, 

That will be about 6%, so a £200m interest free loan from an owner will incur a PSR cost of £12m a season, as a crude example, basically the cost of a £40m player paid £80k a week

Aye, this is it. Nobody is going to force (or can force or should be able to force) a club to actually pay interest to its owner, but they can include a nominal rate of interest in the PSR calculation.

Good news my arse, aye on the face of it. However, you know they're now putting plans in place, to keep the same restrictions in place in some other guise.

Hope I'm wrong, but there's no way they will give in, not a chance they'll admit anything, or have rule changes that will benefit anyone challenging the status quo.