Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

2 hours ago, brummie said:

It's the little things about the 'big six' entrenchment that piss me off these days.

After tha Man City - Arsenal boreathon, Neville and Richards were saying they've never seen a team limit City as much as Arsenal did.

We had 22 shots against them at our place, they had 2, and both of those were in the same 'action', and we actually beat them.

Now, I don't really care about this massively, it's not exactly going to change anyone's life, but it does show that these people are just so entrenched in thinking it's all about 'big six'.

If you had the opportunity to question them about it there'd be some condescending qualifier like "these top of the table clashes can't be compared to a random away game."

Leicester £74m loss for last season. 

Probably going to have to do a Sheffield United if they get promoted and/or get a points deduction.

Quite probably not looking forward to getting promoted now. What a farce.

Edited by Jonas

27 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Probably going to have to do a Sheffield United if they get promoted and/or get a points deduction.

they’ve got the Barnes and Maddison sales in this year and you’d hope some relegation clauses in there, but they did also spend £40ish in the summer as well.

do they have anyone who will bring in decent coin this summer? 

41 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Its a crazy situation, Man City have over 100 charges pending, Chelsea had their debt wiped out overnight, Man Utd and Spurs are almost a billion in the hock so they punish small clubs with sanctions that puts them further down the food chain.

So they'll get punished with a points deduction for sins committed when they were in the PL if they get promoted but its been okay to benefit from them this season to get to the point where they'll be punished, instead of having them punished this season which would likely prevent them from getting into the PL getting its money but being cannon fodder on the field.

or something

Its like letting someone whose failed a drug test in the heats race the semi-final but allowing them to race in the final just with the punishment of making them race dragging a piano.

Edited by Wolfcastle

All hail FFP, for it has done what it was designed to do, stop clubs like Newcastle from trying to compete by forcing them to keep the likes Dummett coming on for Newcastle to throw away games, when he should be playing for Peterborough United, or some Turkish team with a name that you think has just been made up.

Edited by Stifler

31 minutes ago, OCK said:

The stadium is going to kill them. Shame. 

They will be more than fine. I would not be shocked if they experienced a golden era sometime in the next decade or so.

Just now, Nucasol said:

IMG_5575.thumb.jpeg.c6f713e7bb84ff52538b6c68c9f829a7.jpeg

I bet you do you horrible snakey cunt. Hope your next shite is a hedgehog.

Other clubs freshening up the league and breaking through the established tiers of the Premier League competitive or guaranteeing Spurs cant be usurped and can compete for the CL indefinitely competitive?

Edited by Wolfcastle

16 hours ago, Stifler said:

All hail FFP, for it has done what it was designed to do, stop clubs like Newcastle from trying to compete by forcing them to keep the likes Dummett coming on for Newcastle to throw away games, when he should be playing for Peterborough United, or some Turkish team with a name that you think has just been made up.

It’s OK Stifler. Just knuckle down, invest in your academy, buy and sell players, save up until you can build a new stadium and then in a few years time you can join us. You can already cut 10 or so years off the time it takes to do so by having a country pay for your infrastructure instead of having to live within your means for years to demonstrate to the banks that you’re good for a long-term loan.

13 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

It’s OK Stifler. Just knuckle down, invest in your academy, buy and sell players, save up until you can build a new stadium and then in a few years time you can join us. You can already cut 10 or so years off the time it takes to do so by having a country pay for your infrastructure instead of having to live within your means for years to demonstrate to the banks that you’re good for a long-term loan.

It’s ironic, because Spurs did nothing of that. You made your money by poaching players from elsewhere, Kane being a recent outlier.

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

It’s ironic, because Spurs did nothing of that. You made your money by poaching players from elsewhere, Kane being a recent outlier.

We did nothing of investing in our academy, buying and selling players, and saving up to build a new stadium?

I get that it’s frustrating Stifler, Lord knows I do. I get that we have advantages being in London. I get that you’ve been owned by an utter cunt for years - let me rephrase that because we have too, an incompetent utter cunt. I know this isn’t going to be a sympathetic audience, at least not for the most part. But you’re not listening. And some of what you’re saying is just bullshit. 

@midds is right, this isn’t really the place, and I should just shut up and keep my head down. Just sometimes the frustration I’ve felt since Abramovich needs venting :lol:

Like fuck am I listening to Tottenham or Man Utd fans coming on here voicing their opinions on their superiority and how clubs should be run. Both have owners who are doing everything to try and stop our advancement. Fuck them it's coming.

The current rules are not for for purpose but their has to be a path to sustainability.  How that looks I have no idea.  All the clubs in the PL should be making profits with how much money their is the game, having sugar daddies is not sustainable as it just inflates an already inflated market.

19 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

We did nothing of investing in our academy, buying and selling players, and saving up to build a new stadium?

I get that it’s frustrating Stifler, Lord knows I do. I get that we have advantages being in London. I get that you’ve been owned by an utter cunt for years - let me rephrase that because we have too, an incompetent utter cunt. I know this isn’t going to be a sympathetic audience, at least not for the most part. But you’re not listening. And some of what you’re saying is just bullshit. 

@midds is right, this isn’t really the place, and I should just shut up and keep my head down. Just sometimes the frustration I’ve felt since Abramovich needs venting :lol:

Nah, of course there'll be people listening when you make valid points. Think we're all a bit narked with a draw today as well like you must be too.

I have no problem at all with Spurs building the way they have, or reaping the benefits of that. Ideally, it's how everyone would do it IF everyone was starting from a level playing field, which they aren't.

I have no idea either how you cope with an owner that plays by the rules but hinders you in the long run which applies to a lot of clubs.

But then, I can never personally forget that in a different example of bad ownership that Spurs were quite happy to join the ESL, wreck the entire league permanently and entrench a non-competitive advantage for themselves when they thought they could, showing the reality of it, and at that point the moral high ground argument about doing things the right way is sunk. You sub-human scum [emoji38].

Edited by Abacus
comma added for lols