Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

It’s been eating itself for years. This last year they’ve been tucking in to a tasting menu. These changes have the potential to remove a few courses, that’s all

The PL have made a complete horse's arse of things recently. They've effectively painted themselves into a corner with regards to City's charges and the delays it's causing, points deductions for 2 clubs, successful appeals and the threat of further legal action from Forest. They're in an utter mess and this may be the only way they manage to keep a semblance of face when deciding who gets relegated and how many pints they need to take from City if it even gets that far. This is basically an amnesty and possibly the only exit they've got as a way out of things. They've totally fucked it

3 hours ago, Fezzle said:

Worth pointing out that changing the PL rules doesnt mean we can go wild, UEFA will still ban us for failing their rules

I was just thinking that :howe:

3 minutes ago, midds said:

The PL have made a complete horse's arse of things recently. They've effectively painted themselves into a corner with regards to City's charges and the delays it's causing, points deductions for 2 clubs, successful appeals and the threat of further legal action from Forest. They're in an utter mess and this may be the only way they manage to keep a semblance of face when deciding who gets relegated and how many pints they need to take from City if it even gets that far. This is basically an amnesty and possibly the only exit they've got as a way out of things. They've totally fucked it

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

Just now, Stifler said:

The end of Masters is looming now. Everything he has done has turned into Levy’s shitty kegs.

He doesn't even know what's happened. Like that fool in goodfellas getting into bed with the mafia and next thing he knows he's burning down his restaurant for insurance money.

Some lovely grizzling on RTG about football is now ruined forever and will become a closed shop.

Conveniently forgetting that it already is, and besides that they were bankrolled by Short well above their means for years as well.

Now it's state ownership that's the problem, rather than who has the biggest most spendthrift billionaire (foreign or otherwise) as if that makes any difference at all to the argument.

Ah well, it's all very sad.

In fairness though, no matter who you support, I can't see a good outcome from any set of either restrictive or unrestrictive rules. If anything, there should have always been more rules about owners who actively try to rinse a club instead, as if it was OK to exploit a club instead of putting your money in.

2 hours ago, Sima said:

I just don't want to have to sell Bruno, Isak or Gordon.

If I was Bruno this news surely would make him have second thoughts 

Edited by duo

5 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I’m feeling the same giddiness with this news as I did back on that April day in 2020 when the PIF takeover rumours first started.

Open the vault. We’re about to spunk cash everywhere. 

I actually think we should still steadily build, take it season by season, build it up, and get there.

Lies, lies, all fucking lies. We need Alphonso Davies in to replace Burn, Mbappe given a million pound a week simply to get the shirt sales in, Lamine from Barca to replace Almirón, and Pickford in from Everton so we can send the cunt out on loan to Isle of Mann FC for the rest of his fucking career.

16 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I actually think we should still steadily build, take it season by season, build it up, and get there.

Lies, lies, all fucking lies. We need Alphonso Davies in to replace Burn, Mbappe given a million pound a week simply to get the shirt sales in, Lamine from Barca to replace Almirón, and Pickford in from Everton so we can send the cunt out on loan to Isle of Mann FC for the rest of his fucking career.

I’m Manx, so you can fuck off with that talk, tbh.

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

Well if they can introduce rules mid season (FMV) I don’t see why not.

They'll be desperate to avoid another window like we had in January so I can see them fast tracking the rule changes. Football needs the money to circulate, at least how it's structured currently.

4 hours ago, Fezzle said:

Worth pointing out that changing the PL rules doesnt mean we can go wild, UEFA will still ban us for failing their rules

Would they ban us? When they went for City their ban got reduced to a small fine by City's standards (£25m). 3 years later they win the Champions League. 

Even just changing the rules on sponsorship from related companies would be huge for us.  No need to go around trying to find businesses willing to sponsor the club, just suddenly get sponsorship deals from PIF Golf, Saudi Airlines, Saudi Arabia 2034 World Cup, random taxi companies from Riyadh etc.  It would mean an immediate boost to the club's turnover and allow the club to spend as much as they want to all within the PSR rules.