Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

5 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

and?

Newcastle can just compete in the Premier Leaguethen. Europe isn't needed.

European football is very much needed [emoji38]

11 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

and?

Newcastle can just compete in the Premier Leaguethen. Europe isn't needed.

5 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

European football is very much needed [emoji38]

Yeah, I think I’m in the ‘European football is very much needed’ camp as well.  Fans, players, club - most tend to view European football as a good thing

On 05/04/2024 at 06:56, Scoot said:

It is an absolute joke that speeding should be liked to your income - by it's very nature it benefits the richer clubs.  It should be linked to the debt the club has i.e.Newcastle (zero), Man U (tons) so we can spend and Man U can't.

Edited by duo

The club should be and will try to match the revenue of the other top earners in the league. It takes time and they’ll need to do it as organically as possible.

We won’t get away with dodgy deals like other clubs have done.

New stadium is a must in my opinion. SJP just can’t generate that sort of revenue to compete with Man Utd, Spurs or Arsenal.

7 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

The club should be and will try to match the revenue of the other top earners in the league. It takes time and they’ll need to do it as organically as possible.

We won’t get away with dodgy deals like other clubs have done.

New stadium is a must in my opinion. SJP just can’t generate that sort of revenue to compete with Man Utd, Spurs or Arsenal.

Organically, what a pile of shite, how can you grow ‘organically’ when rules are brought in around FMV, Related Party sponsorship strangling potential revenue streams? Get rid of those rules which restrict who you can deal with and the FMV shite is the only way, and that doesn’t mean you have to take the piss with heavily inflated deals.

Edited by FloydianMag

Rules of the sport (coefficients, FMV, FFP) further advantage the already massively advantaged and call it 'maintaining competitiveness'

Edited by Jonas

10 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Organically, what a pile of shite, how can you grow ‘organically’ when rules are brought in around FMV, Related Party sponsorship strangling potential revenue streams? Get rid of those rules which restrict who you can deal with and the FMV shite is the only way, and that doesn’t mean you have to take the piss with heavily inflated deals.

Well I said “as possible” which I guess means the same thing as your last sentence about taking the piss, or not as the case may be.

Us having to run our deals past people for approval needs to stop though.. we should be allowed to operate away from the microscope but be able to be fully transparent when being audited.

I’d like to see them think outside the box in terms of revenue streams.. like is there anything preventing the club from operating an internal investment house that we could use as a revenue stream? Like what things are we not allowed do?

22 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Well I said “as possible” which I guess means the same thing as your last sentence about taking the piss, or not as the case may be.

Us having to run our deals past people for approval needs to stop though.. we should be allowed to operate away from the microscope but be able to be fully transparent when being audited.

I’d like to see them think outside the box in terms of revenue streams.. like is there anything preventing the club from operating an internal investment house that we could use as a revenue stream? Like what things are we not allowed do?

Was thinking that. Like can some Saudi company not buy 5 of our corporate boxes for 10 million a season each? Its not sponsorship as such. Is there a rule against it?

4 hours ago, Scoot said:

Was thinking that. Like can some Saudi company not buy 5 of our corporate boxes for 10 million a season each? Its not sponsorship as such. Is there a rule against it?

I think that’s sort of taking the piss.. but even at that, it’s not enough in one for what we’d want to be doing.

I mean like some sort of financial investment house that’s operated under the trading name for the club.. or something like that. Like for example.. PIF invest in stocks.. could they not divert some of that money to the club.. who then invest in stocks and the dividends come back in throughout the year as profit we can use?

It’s a long term strategy I guess.

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I think that’s sort of taking the piss.. but even at that, it’s not enough in one for what we’d want to be doing.

I mean like some sort of financial investment house that’s operated under the trading name for the club.. or something like that. Like for example.. PIF invest in stocks.. could they not divert some of that money to the club.. who then invest in stocks and the dividends come back in throughout the year as profit we can use?

It’s a long term strategy I guess.

That's an interesting idea. I assume investing money as a club count as profit for FFP.

David Ornstein

@David_Ornstein

·

2m

EXCL: Everton given 2-point deduction for breach of PL PSR rules. Penalty for 3yr cycle to 22-23. Follows 6-point deduction for previous cycle. #EFC drop 1 spot to 16th, 2 points above relegation zone. 7 days to notify if intend to appeal

@TheAthleticFC

8 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Will probably still stay up though (in part thanks to us). They really are an unflushable turd.

Without the points deductions they'd be practically safe already this season (as annoying as they are there has been 5 or 6 worse this season

1 minute ago, Beren said:

They're really going easy on them.

Yes surprised without being surprised the second reduction is so small. Expected 6 at least as basically they’ve tried to break the rules twice so not really a deterrent if the punishment gets smaller not bigger. On the other hand expected a fudged compromise as the whole thing is a mess and theirs very little spine running the league.

Just now, Paully said:

If they don't change the rules then let's just blow a billion in the summer and take a limited points deduction

We'd get a bigger deduction though if we were 100s of millions over the limit

They must really be hoping that Everton and Forest stay up as this will all blow over. Either one of them getting relegated because of points deductions would be such a messy situation.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

They must really be hoping that Everton and Forest stay up as this will all blow over. Either one of them getting relegated because of points deductions would be such a messy situation.

Could well envisage legal proceedings brought forward by whoever goes down, tbh.