Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

16 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

talking about our owners and Villa's owners as having 'fucked up' because they spent and got their teams into the champions league but spent a bit too much relative to permitted income to comply with ridiculous new rules designed especially to do this to clubs like us and Villa - is normalising this bullshit far too much. Even if that's the world were in now.

Its like saying someone 'fucked up' by having their left arm offside

I agree with this somewhat. Clubs didn’t know what punishments would be until Everton got points deductions. Now we know - we had a chance to sort our situation out in January - for whatever reason we didn’t. Villa have sorted their house. While we are still trying to sling a player to make the deadline. 

That’s probably the biggest mistake they’ve made. Letting it get this far. 

31 minutes ago, Sima said:

I think PIF have pulled the plug more than anything.

No movement on training ground, no movement on stadium expansion, no training kit partner signed up (even within FMV rules - why haven’t they matched the £8m for sleeve sponsorship via Noon?)

Funding definitely isn’t where expected outside of putting equity in to cover day to day costs.

Something is definitely starting to look suspiciously off. This being NUFC, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we were back up for sale within the next 18 months.

13 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Well, it has surely dawned on them that they can't realise their ambitions with the club. If we're forced to sell Gordon, think that firmly establishes that 5-7th will be the typical ceiling for us and pretty much every other non-cartel club.

That's an enormous if.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

That's an enormous if.

As already mentioned in this thread, it would go some way to explaining why investment in infrastructures seems to have halted, and no more progress with sponsorship opportunities. PIF have been successfully slapped down by the Premier League and superleague six.

Edited by Turnbull2000

2 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

As already mentioned in this thread, it would go some way to explaining why investment in infrastructures seems to have halted, and no more progress with sponsorship opportunities. PIF have been successfully slapped down by the Premier League and superleague six.

Seems mental that the PL are happy about halting progress of their member clubs, and actively stopping them investing in themselves incase they foul some weird financial rules brought in ad-hoc.

We aren't in debt, other than some false reality that is being enforced on us.

And yet a free spending Chelsea exist in that reality somehow [emoji38]

It's still crazy to me that the notion is, just because it's not plastered all over the Chronicle, we mustn't be exploring sponsorship deals etc etc.

I have a full on inquest and interrogation over data breaching and sharing confidential information if I share it with the wrong person.

Yet apparently companies have to share these multi million pound deals with Barry down the pub for them to believe the club is trying 

4 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Seems mental that the PL are happy about halting progress of their member clubs, and actively stopping them investing in themselves incase they foul some weird financial rules brought in ad-hoc.

It makes sense when you recognise that there are only 6 'member' clubs.

10 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

See this is like a match thread when we lose, best avoided until the stamping of feet, massive over reactions, conspiracy theories and amateur Columbo's dissipate.

Some absolute walloping nonsense being thought up like.

Acting like spoilt brats when fuck all has actually happened. If it does have the meltdown then. I'm more than confident that one of the richest businesses in the world will be on top of things. 

Edited by et tu brute

Clutching at straws,  wondering if plan is to get as many offers in from other clubs which are (inevitably) what we would consider below market value and then use that as mitigation for not selling one of them to meet the PSR despite “trying our best to”.

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Acting like spoilt brats when fuck all has actually happened. If it does have the meltdown then. I'm more than confident that one of the richest businesses in the world will be on top of things. 

What do you put all the rumours down to? Something doesn't seem right, surely we all see that. 

Just now, Weezertron said:

What do you put all the rumours down to? Something doesn't seem right, surely we all see that. 

Don't listen to any rumours that's why I never post in the transfer thread. Half the media have an agenda and the other half are either Walter Mitty's or tap in merchants.

16 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Do most premier league fans globally actually want Newcastle, Villa etc, chucking Man U out of the European spots? Probably not, I doubt most give a shit about the league as a whole. The rules will kill competition and I might stop watching, but the league will still be a financial monster. 

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

These rumours about flash puts doubt in your mind that the hierarchy don't care who they sell. 

So if the club have leaked them to soften the blow of minteh leaving it hasn't worked. 

I hope they let gordon know beforehand if so. Christ.