Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability: Forest unsuccessful in appeal against four-point deduction

Mattoon

53 minutes ago, SteV said:

Dicey road to go down IMO. Where do you draw the line?

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this, it’s still a sporting sanction. The punishment is football-related. 

If a team ends up getting relegated off the back of a terrible VAR decision, for example, do we want their MP raising it?

This isn't about on field decisons, it's about the Governance of the national game's top league. Something which our MP has openly questioned with blocking/stalling takeovers. 

Edited by OCK

4 minutes ago, OCK said:

This isn't about on field decisons, it's about the Governance of the national game's top league. Something which our MP has openly questioned with blocking/stalking takeovers. 

Yeah, fair enough, it’s not on field.

I still don’t think it’s the same level as club ownership though. 

48 minutes ago, Lotus said:

We’re all football fans tbh.

They’ll be plenty of good Evertonians.

There is plenty of utter knobheads who support NUFC.

We’re all much of a muchness when it comes down to it. Never judge an entire fan base from afar. 

Goodison Park is the only place I've been spat on, the culprits were elderly gentlemen (plural) Twats 

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

We’re all much of a muchness when it comes down to it. Never judge an entire fan base from afar. 

Probably the nicest thing I've read about the scouse makems 

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

I'll judge them from my many encounters with fans from Liverpool, both Red and Blue.

Edited by madras

5 hours ago, OCK said:

In fairness, our local MP has brought up Newcastle's plight many times over the years. 

5 hours ago, SteV said:

Indeed, but the ownership of a club is a far more appropriate topic for parliamentary discussion, compared to a sporting sanction (however fair or unfair that may be).

I agree. It is ridiculous to suggest that this sanction is so outrageous and undeserved that it should be raised in parliament.

Obviously votes are at stake here. This is democracy at its worst.

5 hours ago, Lotus said:

Nah they're awful like. Guessing you've never been to Everton away?

4 hours ago, Cronky said:

I agree. It is ridiculous to suggest that this sanction is so outrageous and undeserved that it should be raised in parliament.

Quite the opposite, in reality. 

MPs "represent" their constituencies, or are supposed to. They attend Parliament to speak on their behalf, or are supposed to. 

Them shitting the bed and voicing an opinion in line with many of their voters is exactly what democracy is meant to be about. 

14 hours ago, Cronky said:

10 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Quite the opposite, in reality. 

MPs "represent" their constituencies, or are supposed to. They attend Parliament to speak on their behalf, or are supposed to. 

Them shitting the bed and voicing an opinion in line with many of their voters is exactly what democracy is meant to be about. 

I'd say you're talking about a delegate there, not a representative.

Ultimately, we elect leaders, and leading in any context often means making a decision that's unpopular. You have to have people that can stand up for what they feel is right in their own honest judgement.

From the Athletic:

"The commission heard how, on August 10 this year, five months after Everton’s case had been referred, league officials put forward what was described in the report as a “sanction policy”...

According to evidence supplied by its chief executive Richard Masters, the league proposed “a fixed starting point of a deduction of six points, with an increase from that starting point of one point for every £5million...

Crucially, they still reached the same conclusion as the league: a 10-point penalty for an overspend of £19.5million, with their adjudication summarised in the final two pages of the report. None of this is likely to have been lost on Everton’s lawyers...

The Athletic has since been told the aforementioned sanction framework was only meant to be used for Everton’s case.

It is understood no such league-wide sanction policy is in the pipeline at the moment and that such a change would need to be communicated to clubs formally and via the handbook. Everton were unaware of the league’s recommendation both at the time of their referral and approaching the pre-trial review in early October."

Yeah, this is getting reheard.

Just now, Wallsendmag said:

Can't stand them. I just want to see them suffer and suffer badly. Tbf if the shoe was on the other foot their feelings would be exactly the same towards us.

We don’t even have a sock and already they are saying the tread left by our foot is bigger and worse than theirs.

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

Can't stand them. I just want to see them suffer and suffer badly. Tbf if the shoe was on the other foot their feelings would be exactly the same towards us.

Given our ownship now I think every fanbase going would feel the same towards NUFC.