Bournemouth 1-1 Newcastle United (11/02/2023)

Disco

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

The second paragraph is worse than the result and performance, for me. 

We just don’t have Premier League quality back ups to replace any of them long term. 

Joelinton will be a huge miss for 2 games. Whoever they end up being against. 

Willock’s looked like a hammy. Which isn’t ideal for someone who relies on pace and you’d imagine will be a few weeks, at least. 

ASM is made of glass and gets injured too often. So expect him to be out for a while. 

Almiron? Fuck knows. Kept holding his wrist. Hopefully just a slight sprain. 

Almrion had his hand stood on I think.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

We are still 4th top with only 1 defeat still. Been a fucking tremendous season and no wonder the players look shattered. Shows how much we have come on as a team when we can still avoid losing games when we are not at our best. I’ll take a point away from home against anyone all day long.

Totally has.

But every season, even the ones we've been fucking awful in...we'd be criticising the team for failing to beat; Leeds, Palace, West Ham and Bournemouth out of the last 6 games.

2 minutes ago, McDog said:

It's not the damn transfer window. That was a poor effort overall. Eddie needs to regroup these lads or they will get run over by Liverpool without a doubt.

The transfer window arent solely to blame for this game for sure. But this game highlights that getting rid of squad players without replacing them is gonna punish us hard going forward. Most of the players seems exhausted.

Its kinda incredible considering we are fighting for a champions league spot.

Let's have some perspective here. In the last 12 seasons in the prem we have only finished in the top 8 once. Never lost less than 10 games in a season in the past 20 years in the prem. And only finished on 50+ points once in the past 15 prem seasons. 41 points off 22 games is like the best we have performed in 2 decades and still people are having kittens over a draw away from home. Onwards and upwards

9 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Bournemouth didn't look great technically, but they are athletic and at times they were too quick for us.

Gordon has to start next week. We need his pace and movement. Isak played better as the game went on, partly because he was able to roam around a bit, with more players getting into the penalty area.

Dan Burn is really struggling, and he nearly gave the game away at the end. 

Still, there was a time not long ago when drawing away was a decent result.

This definitely didn't help us today. 

They managed to bring in some really quick athletic players in the window and they are indeed far more of a headache to deal with because of it.

Edited by KaKa

Absolutely dog shit today like. Probably the worst we’ve played this season.

Not sure whether it’s fatigue or players just losing a bit of confidence in each other. We’re increasingly ponderous around the box and teams know they can just dig in and crowd us out because everyone’s looking for a six yard sideways pass that is going to unlock something. It’s not working so we’re making mistakes and teams aren’t as frightened of us as they were before Christmas.

We’re a team in transition so it’s not surprising that performances have dipped. We are overly reliant on a few genuinely class players to pull everyone up a level or two, and that’s worn off a bit.

Of late or even post world cup we've been a bit shite, I've noticed there seems now to be a heavy tendency for players to switch positions quite a lot during games, it seems to be and looks confusing at times, and you wonder what are they trying to do? Its been more obvious in games with Joelinton and Joe Willock constantly swapping in and out, one out wide the other inside, then they switch, but today we had three players on the right wing, it just looked confused. I'm not sure if they're over complicating things? Maybe just back to basics without all the interchange, ASM doesn't look anything like the player who terrorised Man City, Miggys gone from goal machine to Miggy of old, fair play for his goal today, I'm also not sure what Isak was supposed to be doing, sure it's not his fault, he just struggled. 

I'd like Eddie to just simplify things a bit, pick the best players for the best positions, and let them do their thing, just to get back on a bit of a winning run.

Not knocking Eddie at all, he's done brilliant, but we were much more of a threat pre world cup.

I’m aware of the current league standings, but the reality is that no-one should really be thinking about top four until there are just a handful of games left.  There’s a shitload of points still to be won or lost, and it doesn’t take much to slide up or down the table between now and the end of the season.  If you’re seriously pinning everything on a top four finish you’re really not going to enjoy the remainder of the season, even if they get there.  This is a side which still needs to grind out results as the quality isn’t quite there - I’d urge you not to put that on yourselves and just enjoy the ride. 

12 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Stop sugar coating this and call it for what it was, we were poor. 

We were very poor. But we didn’t lose. And we had no one to replace anyone with. 

5 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

No, don't be deliberately dumb.

I think lots of players under-performed.  Some played well.  Howe didn't do a good job today.

:lol: :lol: 

Literally just looked at the team average and compared it to Howe's score, which implies you think the team did better than what was expected of them compared to how Howe set them up and managed the game. How is that a dumb question? :lol:

I have to say ASM is incredibly disappointing.

Huge opportunity with Bruno out recently to get back in the team and make an impact, and he has been really poor on the whole.

His passing has been terrible and he seems to be getting shrugged off the ball incredibly easily of late.

He's blowing it big time IMO.

Just now, Jack27 said:

Worth noting while I thought we were average at best today, I thought the referee had a stinker of a performance. 

Bought everything that Bournemouth put up for sale.

He was literally screaming for his watch to ping for that ball to have been over the line.

14 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Liverpool will oblige soon enough.

They are shite at the moment. I wouldn’t bet on that when we’re at home and baying for revenge for that travesty at their place. 

Edited by LV

Watching the goal-line clearance again, seriously what the fuck was Burn doing. Awful touch and lack of awareness is one thing, but the reaction of just stopping and giving up, I don't even have words for how bad that was. Should give Trips his weeks wages for bailing him out [emoji38]

Edited by Sean

10 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

No, don't be deliberately dumb.

I think lots of players under-performed.  Some played well.  Howe didn't do a good job today.

:lol: :lol: 

What did Howe do wrong? Strange boy. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I have to say ASM is incredibly disappointing.

Huge opportunity with Bruno out recently to get back in the team and make an impact, and he has been really poor on the whole.

His passing has been terrible and he seems to be getting shrugged off the ball incredibly easily of late.

He's blowing it big time IMO.

Thought he was better today. End product wasn’t great but he was at least carrying the ball a bit more effectively than West Ham.