Newcastle United vs. Liverpool - 18/02/23 @ 5:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

If Willock and Wilson are out, how do we think we'll line up? 4-3-3 like normal and putting a massive about of faith in Anderson to fill that gap, or change to 4-2-3-1, with Gordon in the number 10 role?

8 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Feeling very flat about this. Injuries/suspensions coupled with our loss in form (relatively speaking) has taken the sting out of this. After that joke of a fixture at their place, I couldn't wait for this game. Now, I just can't see us getting anything other than a draw. I'd imagine Howe/the players won't be feeling quite as defeatest as I am, however :lol:

Fingers crossed SJP isn't feeling the same way.

Here's some reasons to be positive...

This is a chance to more or less put Liverpool out of top four contention. 

We've beaten Chelsea, Fulham and Brentford at home, all on a similar points tally to Liverpool.

We haven't lost at home.

We've only conceded 6 goals in 11 games at home.

We've only conceded 2+ goals once at home this calendar year.

Liverpool are W2-D2-L6 away from home. 

Liverpool have conceded 19 goals in 10 away games. 

Liverpool's expected goals conceded averages 2.08 away from home. 

Liverpool lead the league in big chances conceded (61).

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

If Willock and Wilson are out, how do we think we'll line up? 4-3-3 like normal and putting a massive about of faith in Anderson to fill that gap, or change to 4-2-3-1, with Gordon in the number 10 role?

Think we could see Gordon filling in for Willock as a number eight.

37 minutes ago, 54 said:

I don't see how we can start Anderson - Gordon in as a number 10 but instructed to sit deeper and press I'd imagine.

Never mind the injustice during the match, I hope we hammer these for how their fans went on at full time and especially outside of the ground in August!

It's crackers to think that if we'd came away with a point (well, possibly 3 if Isak's 2nd had stood), we'd be unbeaten in the League in NINE months!

23 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Anderson ffs. As if we let Shelvey go for a few hundred thousand when that’s our cover. 

I really don't get your weird hatred towards him, he's a youngster that while he hasn't set the world on fire, certainly hasn't looked horrendous in his cameos, and has looked relatively tidy and like he could have the skillset if given game time.

Howe has came out and said he has faith in him, and that he doesn't look out of place in training, so at some point you have to put a little bit of faith in the youngsters.

53 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

I don't see how we can start Anderson - Gordon in as a number 10 but instructed to sit deeper and press I'd imagine.

Anderson would get killed against their midfield, it would be rough as fuck. The lad Bajcetic is a good example of how Anderson is quite far away from that level. Not hating on Anderson but that’s how it is imo 

NUFC v LFC

first game: 88/89 2-2 (first game overall)

best game: 93/94 3-0  (Cole, snow, Souness on the dole) (also best atmosphere)

worst game: 97/98 1-4 (Owen, Gullit, Sinbad off of crossroads)

favourite goal: Watson  95/96 (last minute winner against nearest challengers, probably meant we'd win the league)

worst goal: Pingel 88/89 (off his neck or something)

best goal: Lee 94/95 (probably)

Edited by Jonas

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Last ever match ticket I bought that :lol:

Most vile game I've been to and there's a few contenders. But it's between that or the second mackem 0-3 I think. Pardew the common denominator, obvs.

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

What was the one where Given genuinely stopped them scoring about 12? Was it 5 or 6-1 and Given left not long after. 

Nah that was 1-5, 2008 under Kinnear. They destroyed us under Allardyce as well in the previous season but that was 0-3.