Newcastle United vs. Liverpool - 18/02/23 @ 5:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

10 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The 0-6 was abysmal, mind. First home game after the Di Canio mackem thrashing. Heady days. :anguish:

First and only time I have ever had to genuinely check what the score was. We were five down and I had lost count. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

It was surreal watching us finish the match in  a 5-4-0 to protect a six goal deficit. No idea how Pardew wasn't strung up from the Tyne Bridge after that. 

I think I managed to stay for the whole game iirc. Was unbelievable how utterly shit we were, 1 ball either over the top or straight through the middle of the centre halves and Sturridge and Coutinho were through on goal. Think we conceded the exact same goal 3 or 4 times.

Christ, me PTSD is getting triggered. :lol:

28 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

What was the one where Given genuinely stopped them scoring about 12? Was it 5 or 6-1 and Given left not long after. 

I remember Ashley putting out a statement in the lead up to that game with something like, 'What price us reaching that elusive Top 6?'

Aye you bastard, you employed JFK for precisely that goal.

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

What was the one where Given genuinely stopped them scoring about 12? Was it 5 or 6-1 and Given left not long after. 

Gerard absolutely destroyed us that game. If I remember correctly he’d been bad for England and we booed him at the start and he tore through us . 

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The 0-6 was abysmal, mind. First home game after the Di Canio mackem thrashing. Heady days. :anguish:

The only game I can ever recall leaving properly early (as in before injury time).

Just been looking back to try and work out how early it was. I reckon it might have been when Borini scored the fifth. It was 0-6 and we were down to 10 men by the time I reached Barrack Road.

13 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Robert having a bite to eat and a pint down the Quayside going by his Instagram story. At the game tomorrow probably, anyone reckon they've invited those who played regularly under SBR to the game as part of the tribute?

Good shout.

Hope that melt Jenas isn’t there 

Yeah that's a great shout. Nobby is doing soccer AM tommorow, so he could get the train up too.

Would be class to see a generation of players there. Harper and Shola are easy wins for the club. Shays always knocking about. In fact, go and get Bernard from his pub in Blyth?

Should have caveated that with not caring by the 1-5 and 0-6 or anything else under Ashley. Nothing that happened in that whole era good or bad will ever make a best/worst thing for me.   The overall state of the club and shifting him was the only thing that really mattered.

Edited by Jonas

Why isnt there are a money question when Liverpool face Brighton? Also read about a Manu fan who wasnt impressed by Howe because he got Isak on the bench to sub on. In the same sentence he hailed Ten Hag and in that match he had Anthony coming on from the bench. Its just so much nonsense out there. I know the Saudi ownership has some sting to it, but get a grip.

Edited by nufc123

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Robert having a bite to eat and a pint down the Quayside going by his Instagram story. At the game tomorrow probably, anyone reckon they've invited those who played regularly under SBR to the game as part of the tribute?

Hopefully apart from Dyer

1 hour ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

My lass has been to 4 draws so far when tagging along with me and the bairn. 

this best be a fucking drilling 6-0

in other news. I am on 3 network. Never able to use my phone at half time as no signal. Everyone else seems to be able to. What do I need to do?

I have the same problem, I cant get on bbc sport whereas a guy sitting in front has the early kick off streaming on his phone 😂

Edited by SUPERTOON

4 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Most vile game I've been to and there's a few contenders. But it's between that or the second mackem 0-3 I think. Pardew the common denominator, obvs.

Nah that was 1-5, 2008 under Kinnear. They destroyed us under Allardyce as well in the previous season but that was 0-3.

Big Sam got it from all corners that day. Was mint [emoji38]

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

The only side that have beaten us in the league and we are missing Bruno.  We need a result though for confidence and also as we need a result.

They are a shadow of their recent selves,despite the mini media cream from the other night. There`s glaring weaknesses to be targeted, Matip is a fucking disaster, Trent gives you acres. I'm sure we can put them away

9 hours ago, 54 said:

I really don't get your weird hatred towards him, he's a youngster that while he hasn't set the world on fire, certainly hasn't looked horrendous in his cameos, and has looked relatively tidy and like he could have the skillset if given game time.

Howe has came out and said he has faith in him, and that he doesn't look out of place in training, so at some point you have to put a little bit of faith in the youngsters.

There’s no hatred. Just haven’t seen a player remotely close to the level required. More a criticism of the club than him. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

It has to be said, if I was offered a Faustian pact whereby Newcastle win the league cup and lose every other game this season, I’m signing in my own blood at that instant.

No such thing though, so fingers crossed tomorrow.  I’d take (another) draw now if offered.