Newcastle United vs. Liverpool - 18/02/23 @ 5:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

21 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Hope we put in a decent performance against these or the build up week to the final on here will have me suicidal [emoji38]

Not expecting it though. If we can get a point and come out with any injuries I’ll be pleased. 

A point wouldn't be a bad result, but I absolutely would not shake on one before the game. These are in worse form than us.

24 minutes ago, Rich said:

Pope

Trippier Schär Botman Burn

Longstaff Joelinton

Almirón Gordon Saint-Maximin

Isak

Do people reckon it'll be anything other than the above on Saturday?

I think it will be that but I'd play Gordon as number 8. I don't want to lose that crucial balance we have in CM, besides, how often did Willock stick to his role in the middle? Hardly ever.

Let Gordon play number 8 but have license to roam. With Miggy, Tripper and Longstaff all around him, he should have plenty of cover.

I really don't want Joelinton in the number 6 role.

36 minutes ago, Rich said:

Pope

Trippier Schär Botman Burn

Longstaff Joelinton

Almirón Gordon Saint-Maximin

Isak

Do people reckon it'll be anything other than the above on Saturday?

Think that'll be the personnel, but not sure what the system will be, could see Gordon slotting in as an eight.

Brother is up for this game so starting down the Tyne Bar at around noon. Lord.

Also in the Platinum Club with the Ponteland middle class mags for this for the first time since 2007ish. Have genuinely no idea where I'm going. There turnstiles for it or? pls help :lol:

9 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Also in the Platinum Club with the Ponteland middle class mags for this for the first time since 2007ish. Have genuinely no idea where I'm going. There turnstiles for it or? pls help :lol:

Entrance under the Milburn Stand near where the players go in. 

Enjoy, it’s not very good :lol:

10 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Been in there a few times. Bizarre experience tbh. Mad busy bar, loads of blokes going since the 90s. Walk through to your seat and then you sit in silence for the rest of the game. :lol:

But yeah, Old Milburn Entrance to the side. Can’t miss it. 

11 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Probably me you're sitting beside. I'll be wearing navy cord trousers, a khaki jumper and quilted barbour jacket. 

46 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Walking up from SBR statue, there is a very shitty entrance through some doors on the right just past the box office. Ignore the people who moan abut how quiet it is, some very vocal people around me this season. Obviously no singing section, but lots of people getting involved. Just hope you're not siting on the leazes side as you've got a massive trek for the toilet. 

Just now, Adam said:

Walking up from SBR statue, there is a very shitty entrance through some doors on the right just past the box office. Ignore the people who moan abut how quiet it is, some very vocal people around me this season. Obviously no singing section, but lots of people getting involved. Just hope you're not siting on the leazes side as you've got a massive trek for the toilet. 

Nah, bottom corner of L2D. Right next to the director's box but on the Gallowgate side.

Lowest number I was in the queue for this game was ~4000th so I couldn't get my usual old ST East Stand seat next to me fatha and that was all that was left. Last time I sat there I think was for the AZ Alkmaar game back in 2007, when I was still a bairn.