Lewis Miley

Ronson333

Just now, nemtizz said:

Making Tonali look like a bum.

One door closes...

No chance we see him this early without that. By the time the season ends we'll have another trusted and solid option.

Just now, Vedder said:

Growing in confidence with every game. His first touch is immense, so great to see a player come through with such potential. 

Aye was really impressed by his touch and agility/balance. And really impressive athleticism.  He looks a more talented player than our other midfield academy products. 

It’s the balance.  It gives him better angles when passing and the first touch is butter. 

Fantastic. Well done lad. 

was worried this run of games would be tough on the lad when Longstaff was injured.. but he hasn’t put a foot wrong. Be a huge player for us in years ahead. Bit more confidence and experience under his belt, he’s going to be ridiculously good 

Just now, Boey_Jarton said:

We benefit a lot from having another midfielder with technical ability and composure in the centre of park.

It's made our midfield immeasurably more effective.

1 minute ago, Boey_Jarton said:

We benefit a lot from having another midfielder with technical ability and composure in the centre of park.

Great point this was an issue in both games against Dortmund where we we’re found out.

Edited by Whitley mag

I don’t usually like to go too mad about young academy players because the bar is lower with everything they do but he genuinely looks a player.

One of hoped for side effects of the whole mentality / culture of the club changing with the new owners is proper players breaking through instead of the usual rubbish and it looks like he’s the first. Fair play, he was superb. 

Hard to comprehend that a 17 year old can play with that level of maturity. The amount of times he makes a wise choice is incredible, sometimes he'll get the ball and I think I know what he's going to do because of his age, then he does the thing a 25 year would do 

Only thing he did wrong tonight was not get his chance into the bottom corner. What an incredible performance! I hope we keep the faith in him when others are back, he deserves to carry on playing and saves us at least £50m on a CM if he carries on like this 

I just don't know how he can look so part of the furniture already. And to know he's not just a fearless kid coming in to get Pardewed or Bruced, but that he's going to have his clear talent harnessed by Eddie bloody Howe is fantastic.

Composed, tidy, think we're going to see him play more and more Brunoesque balls as he progresses. His reading of the game defensively is superb too. Seems to get in the way of so much.

Edited by wormy

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I don’t usually like to go too mad about young academy players because the bar is lower with everything they do but he genuinely looks a player.

One of hoped for side effects of the whole mentality / culture of the club changing with the new owners is proper players breaking through instead of the usual rubbish and it looks like he’s the first. Fair play, he was superb. 

Doesn’t just pass the buck and do the low risk thing. Even if it doesn’t come off he doesn’t find. That, and he’s absolutely trusted by everyone in the team of course. Speaks volumes IMO.

Right, I know people get excited about certain players but can I give my two penny worth.  First of all some fans said ginger Longstaff was fantastic.  That's  just a reminder.  Miley to me in all honesty is doing a decent job.  Nowt special.  Just calm down people because seriously "at this moment time" he's OK.