Lewis Miley

Ronson333

Played like a 33 year old veteran, La Liga winner, England international. Or how one of those should.

Seriously though, Trippier's error at a crucial stage sending us out is the sort of thing you'd kind of expect from a 17 year old. But not this lad. Never fazed.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, pedro111 said:

Outstanding again tonight.

Hmm, thought the whole midfield were chasing shadows tonight and couldn’t string two passes together. Not sure anyone in midfield was outstanding, we were overrun in there tonight.

Today was the first time when I genuinely thought he must be ahead of Longstaff in the midfield pecking order right now.

Interesting how Howe saw that Longstaff was struggling to get involved on the left side and was fine with trusting Miley to handle that role too. Moved Longstaff back to his preferred side where Miley had played almost all of his minutes this season.

34 minutes ago, Pata said:

Today was the first time when I genuinely thought he must be ahead of Longstaff in the midfield pecking order right now.

Interesting how Howe saw that Longstaff was struggling to get involved on the left side and was fine with trusting Miley to handle that role too. Moved Longstaff back to his preferred side where Miley had played almost all of his minutes this season.

Nope. Not yet. Longstaff off the ball is more effective and does the rotations with more conviction.

Miley is a hell of a prospect but if he was 23 and cost £20mill we'd view the performances more truthfully.

Edited by madras

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Hmm, thought the whole midfield were chasing shadows tonight and couldn’t string two passes together. Not sure anyone in midfield was outstanding, we were overrun in there tonight.

Bit of a one dimensional opinion for me, he was brilliant at times. 

I'm pushed to find any mistakes, add that to some quality bits of play in a very tough game, that is outstanding for me. 

Buzzing for him. 

Yeah he's clearly head and shoulders above Longstaff with the ball already.

When Longstaff is fit and healthy he's proved very useful in Howes system and clearly does as he's instructed and runs channels on that right side really well. 

However he's returning from injury and doesn't have his usual engine at the mo. 

Feels like he just constantly flops to the floor looking for a soft free-kick and never gets it. 

Once Miley continues to develop physically you can see he's gonna be a much more capable player. 

He was great. Only negative I have to say is (and this doesn't concern just Miley) is that when we win the ball back in midfield, we tried (and often try in other games) play Isak/Wilson through rightaway and end up giving back possession. Miley did this couple of times, but Wilson is not going to run away from defenders like that. Gordon maybe. It's infuriating because 2-3 passes and there might be chance for a counter.

But anyway, our best player yesterday again.

43 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

He was great. Only negative I have to say is (and this doesn't concern just Miley) is that when we win the ball back in midfield, we tried (and often try in other games) play Isak/Wilson through rightaway and end up giving back possession. Miley did this couple of times, but Wilson is not going to run away from defenders like that. Gordon maybe. It's infuriating because 2-3 passes and there might be chance for a counter.

But anyway, our best player yesterday again.

I agree. Noticed this last night. There were times when I just wanted us to do a bit more sideways passing to make the Chelsea players run a bit more but we seemed to be going very direct every time and it was taking a toll on energy levels. 

We need to be wearing teams down a bit more and let them do the running.

Guest reefatoon
6 hours ago, Wilson said:

Bit of a one dimensional opinion for me, he was brilliant at times. 

I'm pushed to find any mistakes, add that to some quality bits of play in a very tough game, that is outstanding for me. 

Buzzing for him. 

Im buzzing for him also, think it’s been the story of the season so far. His emergence has been the perfect tonic to all the injuries. I just don’t think anyone was outstanding tonight. We looked absolutely shot after the first 15 minutes, but that’s not having a go at anyone, we just looked knackered in every department. Don’t think it was a one dimensional opinion either, we couldn’t get anything to stick, and we couldn’t string two passes together. For me that was the disappointing thing, how easily we surrendered the ball when we got it. Was a hard old slog of an evening and we were quite fortunate that Chelsea are absolute dog shit in the final third. 

Anyway back on track, I just thought our midfield was lacking a little today, before we swapped Miley and Longstaff in the first half, I thought they had both been a little anonymous, then after that they were overrun for 75 minutes. Both of them looked utterly knackered all second half too mind. 

Think saying he was outstanding is being a little too generous there.

Really impressed with this kid. He's got the right build and physical attributes to be a real midfield powerhouse.

As he's still only 17, he has time to work on the technical side of his game. It's already more than decent. But he can add more key passes + goals to his game.