Newcastle United 0-2 Liverpool (18/02/2023)

Disco

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

As much as I love Trippier and as much as he gives us so much going forward, it's so disappointing to see him constantly stood three yards behind the defensive line like a shit Sunday morning player. He's had a really poor couple of weeks.

He does love playing people onside like. 

Edited by Klaus

Think we've got it wrong tactically today, way too susceptible to the ball over the top. Annoyingly Liverpool weren't made to work particularly hard for either goal.

Naturally it will be because we haven't done enough in the transfer market though.

Can barely process what happened there. Don't even think we've played badly as a team, just switched off twice and Liverpool were clinical. 

Absolutely devastated for Pope.

I don't feel any angst towards a single one of them like. They've been playing/managing out of their skins for more than twelve months and now they've hit a ropey patch. The gamble to not sign at least one other player doesn't look it's come off but c'est la vie. Can't see a half-fit Jonjo Shelvey preventing any of what's happened here. 

Just now, Amir_9 said:

Trippier's form has fallen off a cliff, really need a competent challenger for his place. Shame really as solid and reliable his free kicks and deliveries are as well as his general play - the last 2 months he has been piss poor.

Our squad is really thin.  Trippier, and a lot of other players, look like they need a rest. 

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

He's literally played a full professional season at Bristol Rovers and people seem to keen to tear strips off the lad because he's not hit the ground running in the premier league. It's mental.

He's just not good enough. Howe should have played Gordon.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

We’re all just venting frustration ffs - let’s not start pointless arguments that nobody wins

venting is one thing. You know full well that this forum has been inundated with this shit for awhile. whether it was Rafa our or the Eddie out shit last year. And it's normally the same damn offenders.

1 minute ago, Zero said:

Both Shelvey and Wood are good deals 

I don’t think Anderson was to blame for both goals. The first goal was Trippiers fault for not holding the line. The second goal, may be, if you think Salah shouldn’t have any chance to have a touch on the ball. I would put more blame on Trippier again, or Schar for not spotting Gakpos run.

The lads did put in some effort but the form is dipping, obviously. Probably the pressure and fatigue finally caught the players 

What's this!? factual critique....I blame Burn, Longstaff, Anderson! any fucker from Newcastle.

3 lapses in concentration, 1 massive one. Other than that we've been equal, playing half the half with 10. 

The amount of entitled wet farts on here is growing by the week! Scapegoating any fucker!

Trippier's defending on that first goal is a disgrace like.

He was tight with Nunez initially then starts running towards the lesser threat out wide.

Was clearly at fault for both goals as he was too deep in the defensive line for the second.

Horrendous showing for him.

Edited by KaKa

Don't really know where to start with that. Shite defending for all three major incidents. Pope should've just let Salah score like, we'd have been capable of coming back with 11 men against their defence, and a defeat isn't the end of the world anyway. Obviously just instinctive from him though. 

Just now, Gawalls said:

We have a course scouse in the studio at half time as well ffs

Yep, Souness/Jenas last week, Carragher on comms. Sky doing absolutely nothing to convince me to keep them on after this month is up.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I don’t think it’s ungrateful to question why we have 2 strikers in the squad - I like both but neither can be relied upon for different reasons. In CM we have 3 players genuinely up to it at this level. We’ve done this to ourselves.

Most teams only have 2 strikers. Letting Shelvey go without getting a replacement was a risk and that backfired.