Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

49 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Late to the party I know, but to echo what others have said - I've never, ever experienced St James' like that. Absolutely rammed about 30 minutes before kick off. It truly was a magical experience.

Just like at the back end of last season, I couldn't help but look to the sky on occasion and think of lost family members who'd have been amazed at the state of the club now (in a good way of course). I know that's a bit cringe but my brother and Grandad would be fucking loving every second of this. Can't lie I had a tear in my eye when that anthem was playing, followed by the roar half way through. I'd have liked Local Hero post-anthem but I'm guessing Uefa regulation or something.

A truly remarkable night on and off the pitch. I'm telling you now - shove Anfield etc up your arse. When St James' is as one, there is nowhere like it on these shores. That's a fact.

The couple of nights in Milan and Wednesday night were by far and away the best and happiest I have EVER felt being a Newcastle United fan. It made them years of misery worth it. I felt like I'd had 5 e's on Thursday morning man, the comedown was mad.

For those of us who are lucky enough to be parents, the best thing about it is that our lads and lasses will get to experience nights like that on a much more regular occurrence than we ever have. The jammy little bastards.

If they can get tickets of course!

Hopefully this stadium expansion talk becomes reality sooner rather than later.

Breezed straight through an hour before kick off, everyone in great, drunken spirits and it followed through to the crowd.

My throat is still absolutely fucked from singing and shouting on. I've never seen the Leazes like that, it was like everyone knew their role and I felt like I was letting the lads down if it went quiet and the PSG fans were making plenty of noise. I got the feeling other people felt like that too. It made for a fantastic atmosphere, the best I've ever been part of by a huge margin.

Edited by Kid Icarus

On 05/10/2023 at 10:53, Keefaz said:

Thought I've had for a while, might as well ask it here: why's no one done a chant based on Jolene by Dolly Parton where 'Jolene' is replaced by 'Geordies'. Seems obvious.

good shout

you could tell it was a special night due to the amount of people who stuck around to clap the team off afterwards. it's usually half empty regardless of the result, as people scarper to get back to their pints. there's a lot to be said for these late night mid-weekers. becomes more about the football, and less about the session. as it should be!

2 minutes ago, Big River said:

you could tell it was a special night due to the amount of people who stuck around to clap the team off afterwards. it's usually half empty regardless of the result, as people scarper to get back to their pints. there's a lot to be said for these late night mid-weekers. becomes more about the football, and less about the session. as it should be!

Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

7 hours ago, Big River said:

With an atmosphere like the other night, you don’t need the session. I’ve been off the drink 5 weeks and Wednesday night was the best buzz I’ve had for years. 4 hour drive home was fuck all with that grin on my face.

So far, since the takeover, I've been genuinely pleased for the supporters. Home and away. 

We went to the Spurs game, to say tara to that football legend Cabbageheed, and you could tell things were about to change. Even tho we lost that game and, of course, that fat mess was still in the dugout, the hope was tangibly back. 

Got Villa tickets this season so far and absolutely loved it. Great day out like the old days. 

I've said, tho, I'm not fussed about going to away games, travelling to Europe or even every home game. I sort of feel I've been there, done it, wore the t-shirt, as it were. 

Happy to get the odd game and watch every other on the snide, sat on my sofa, rubbing my big fat hairy cock with one hand whilst holding a beer in the other. Much to her disdain ?

I've also said, on numerous occasions thaf I'm chuffed for this generation of fans that are getting to experience what we all got 20 years, and more, ago. Good luck to them, I say. 

Until Wednesday that was. I'm jealous as fuck. Looks and sounds out of this world. 

Atmosphere sounded incredible on TV - however hated the ‘enjoy the game’ more than ever.

Nobody needs telling to enjoy the game and once the players are out the tunnel, there is really no need for him to say anything. 

4 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

So far, since the takeover, I've been genuinely pleased for the supporters. Home and away. 

We went to the Spurs game, to say tara to that football legend Cabbageheed, and you could tell things were about to change. Even tho we lost that game and, of course, that fat mess was still in the dugout, the hope was tangibly back. 

Got Villa tickets this season so far and absolutely loved it. Great day out like the old days. 

I've said, tho, I'm not fussed about going to away games, travelling to Europe or even every home game. I sort of feel I've been there, done it, wore the t-shirt, as it were. 

Happy to get the odd game and watch every other on the snide, sat on my sofa, rubbing my big fat hairy cock with one hand whilst holding a beer in the other. Much to her disdain ?

I've also said, on numerous occasions thaf I'm chuffed for this generation of fans that are getting to experience what we all got 20 years, and more, ago. Good luck to them, I say. 

Until Wednesday that was. I'm jealous as fuck. Looks and sounds out of this world. 

Powerful poetic imagery ? 

48 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Powerful poetic imagery ? 

Twas a quote from a Steve Googan gig VHS, back in the day. 

Voice over saying "it's at this time I like to slip into my silk kimono, slap on my favourite Burt Bacharach vynyl, then sit back and rub my big fat hairy cock" 

Best atmosphere I've ever seen and my favourite ever game I've been to. Like I said post game if that's what it's like for a group stage match what's it going to be for a knockout match (assuming we get there). Christ.

And my view for it all. Incroyable.

20231004-193255.jpg

Reading a few comments on social media from fans on their way home from West Ham, saying the away support was terrible today....." 5 minutes of singing after we score, then silence"..... Can't comment as I didn't watch or listen.. There is once again a lot of anger about the "regular" away fans now being prevented from going to games too.

7 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Reading a few comments on social media from fans on their way home from West Ham, saying the away support was terrible today....." 5 minutes of singing after we score, then silence"..... Can't comment as I didn't watch or listen.. There is once again a lot of anger about the "regular" away fans now being prevented from going to games too.

Tbf it’s absolutely the worst away end in the league for trying to generate any kind of atmosphere.

6 minutes ago, SteV said:

Tbf it’s absolutely the worst away end in the league for trying to generate any kind of atmosphere.

Apparently there were people complaining about standing up too. Sorry, but if I was at an away game and encountered that then they'd be getting to told to jog on.

There needs to be a new loyalty scheme introduced specifically for those who attend away games otherwise every match is going to be hogged by daytrippers.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Apparently there were people complaining about standing up too. Sorry, but if I was at an away game and encountered that then they'd be getting to told to jog on.

There needs to be a new loyalty scheme introduced specifically for those who attend away games otherwise every match is going to be hogged by daytrippers.

Sounds like the Wembley lot are starting to get their hands on away tickets now, it’s up to regulars to educate them about away days, or basically tell them to fuck off.

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Really hope that isn’t true about people complaining about standing up.

Someone said that to me they’d be getting well and truly telt to fuck clean off.

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Really hope that isn’t true about people complaining about standing up.

Someone said that to me they’d be getting well and truly telt to fuck clean off.

I could see it coming to a point where there are scuffles. Will only take one "hardcore" bunch, who manage to make it to a certain game, then being lectured to sit down....