"We Are Newcastle United" on Amazon Prime

Nobody

17 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Shearer narrating this is gonna ruin it for me, not gonna lie :lol:

I was worried about that when I first read that he was going to be doing it. It's just not his forte, he's never been a great commentator for the same reason. He's quite taciturn by nature and not surprisingly, has a boring delivery.

Should have got someone who is an expert regardless of where they are from. Tom Hardy did the Spurs one, he might well be a Spurs supporter, I don't know, but he's also a professional actor so knows how to deliver lines.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

I was worried about that when I first read that he was going to be doing it. It's just not his forte, he's never been a great commentator for the same reason. He's quite taciturn by nature and not surprisingly, has a boring delivery.

Should have got someone who is an expert regardless of where they are from. Tom Hardy did the Spurs one, he might well be a Spurs supporter, I don't know, but he's also a professional actor so knows how to deliver lines.

Oh no, you are (in my opinion) 100% incorrect.

Shearer and his voice, because we will KNOW that he means what he will be saying, whereas some "random expert" lying about things would sound awful, will make this amazing programme even better !!!!!

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

Shearer and his voice, because we will KNOW that he means what he will be saying, whereas some "random expert" lying about things would sound awful, will make this amazing programme even better !!!!!

Shearer is the Steve Davis of football, though unlike Davis he really didn’t become interesting later on

Canny centre forward though :) 

2 minutes ago, manorpark said:

By that logic, I could deliver the lines and mean what I am saying, but I'd still be shit at the job for various reasons. It's like the fans commentary version which the big TV studios provide. It's all good for a laugh, but how many people would actually listen to them?

Disclaimer: that's not to say Shearer is THAT bad, he'll still be okay compared to fans, but I just feel we could have got better. It's just a narration, it doesn't HAVE to be a geordie doing it.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

By that logic, I could deliver the lines and mean what I am saying, but I'd still be shit at the job for various reasons. It's like the fans commentary version which the big TV studios provide. It's all good for a laugh, but how many people would actually listen to them?

Disclaimer: that's not to say Shearer is THAT bad, he'll still be okay compared to fans, but I just feel we could have got better. It's just a narration, it doesn't HAVE to be a geordie doing it.

Hmm, a "slight" distortion of my impeccable logic !

1 minute ago, Holloway said:

Jeff Stelling, well spoken monkey hanger

He'd be great tbh, I noticed that even the guy who replaced him on Sports Saturday is trying to copy his style of delivery.

3 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Wonder if it’s a great idea telling the whole world that playing hardball is one of our negotiation strategies [emoji38]

I think most people inside football will know that, like the All or Nothing stuff, a lot of the stuff that makes the air in this will be very stage managed. 

I mean do any club (even the soft touches) go around thinking they're soft touches? I assume they all think it's hardball. I mean Brighton do willingly sell players as that's their model, but even then I would say they are stubbon, Caicedo ain't going cheap

That review… . What kind of football club/business is going to sanction a potentially muck-raking documentary which they have no editorial control over. That would be ridiculous!

Spoiler

“It’s not a disaster scenario, but we need to get in the Premier League and never get relegated again and to win things and to be in Europe”

IMG_6964.thumb.jpeg.2188a07805386cdebe8b8d2af5948148.jpeg

Edited by Coffee_Johnny