"We Are Newcastle United" on Amazon Prime

Nobody

15 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

So am I.

Conceived behind Dontino's Nite Spot and born in Hexham General Hospital.

I was also King of the Wentworth Roller Disco from 1990-1992.

So pipe down with the passive aggressive anti-Hexham jibes please.

So is me ma (from Hexham, not the rest). Dontino's :lol:

Just wanted to start a 'does place X count as geordie' argument and leave.

It'll be interesting to hear Shearer holding back the tears when he's narrating the scene where his dear friend is getting the sack. Unless he maintains a dignified silence? Sid Waddell always knew when to talk and when not to, let the drama and action unfold itself. 

Sid Waddell would have made a good narrator, unless us Northumbrians are excluded from being real fans ;)

Jesus lads, watch an episode or 2 before going mental at Shearer being the narrator, eh :lol:

I doubt it'll make a great deal of difference and it's nice to have a club legend doing it.

Personally though I'd have gone for Dave off Royle Family / Gogglebox. 

5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Bruce? He left the season before.

Excellent point! I wasn't sure of the documentary date range, didn't know if it was just last season or from the takeover but I guess it makes sense that it's last season. 

I retract my statement regarding Alan Shearer's narration and personal relationships. 

I’ve had a long hard think about this lads and I’ve decided that not only do I not care who narrates a documentary but anyone who has feelings about the topic should be executed for being a massive fucking fanny.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Ergh, neeone is doing that. 

There's pages of objections to it :lol: "going mental" perhaps a pure choice of words sorry, but I'm very surprised people feel so strongly.

He's not the ideal choice as he's not the best orator generally, but can't see it taking much shine off the doc and as I say the connection with the club is a nice touch imo. 

3 minutes ago, christ said:

I’ve had a long hard think about this lads and I’ve decided that not only do I not care who narrates a documentary but anyone who has feelings about the topic should be executed for being a massive fucking fanny.

Not even if it was Catts ?

Edited by bobbydazzla

Second vote for Brian Blessed.  We actually signed Gordon last year - Blessed would love screaming that name at the top of his lungs. 

I’d turn the radio off if I heard Kevin Whately on it.  Makes Shearer sound like captain charisma not captain creosote. 

19 minutes ago, number37 said:

Sid Waddell

He's done a Jericho job, brought the walls down!

Since these things are usually for an international audience to get new fans, the shoo-in choice for the US of A would have been Ray Hudson. With subtitles.

1 minute ago, Stottie said:

He's done a Jericho job, brought the walls down!

Since these things are usually for an international audience to get new fans, the shoo-in choice for the US of A would have been Ray Hudson. With subtitles.

I’d have Buzzcocks doing the American commentary

35 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

There's pages of objections to it :lol: "going mental" perhaps a pure choice of words sorry, but I'm very surprised people feel so strongly.

He's not the ideal choice as he's not the best orator generally, but can't see it taking much shine off the doc and as I say the connection with the club is a nice touch imo. 

Welcome to the club of people who have generally just been saying this. :lol: 

14 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

And if you do get access there’s then a random allocation of whether you sit on your sofa, armchair or chaise longue

But what about those of us who want an ‘Oor Wullie’ style tin bucket! No choice, no voice! I’m fuming. 

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Welcome to the club of people who have generally just been saying this. :lol: 

I mean you yourself said it was a "dire choice" and there are multiple other posts laying into it. 

But a debate about how strongly people objected to the Shearer narration is going to be very dull for all concerned, so I think I'll just leave yous to it :thup:

Still love you Yorie bbz x

24 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

I mean you yourself said it was a "dire choice" and there are multiple other posts laying into it. 

But a debate about how strongly people objected to the Shearer narration is going to be very dull for all concerned, so I think I'll just leave yous to it :thup:

Still love you Yorie bbz x

:lol: christ, pure covid mems