"We Are Newcastle United" on Amazon Prime

Nobody

Considering that this documentary was more 'in-house' and therefore not under the usual Amazon banner, it doesn't surprise me they didn't go in on Ashley. I think there was something agreed during the purchase of the club that they wouldn't slag him off, and if that's the price of getting rid of him then so be it.

8 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I have. It is pure fan service with fuck all depth but I am lapping it up.

The PIF/SA justification bit was pure sportswashing bollocks fwiw.

This is where I'm at. It's not mindblowingly brilliant stuff versus similar content I've seen but it's a subject matter I'm obsessed with and I enjoyed the first ep. I'd much rather it exists than it doesn't. 

The main bit that can get in the Tyne for me is the overly emotive cheesy music that pops up occasionally :lol: Other than that I'm all good. 

Thought it was ok but not actually produced that well. The first 30 minutes felt more like a trailer for the show with the constant music underpinning the video. I also don’t think Shearer was the best choice as the narrator and voiceover. 

That being said, Amanda Staveley came across well as did most of the board. She was far more involved in the signings than I’d realised. 

Best moment: the video chat when Amanda and her husband welcome AG to the squad. Great touch that. 

Enjoyed it for what it was but would have liked a bit more time taken to see how things unfolded, it felt very rushed and skimmed/omitted lots of important events since Oct '21. I know they can't show everything and need to summarise but it seemed to focus on the management more than the players (I know they said it would) but the balance wasn't right at all. 

It just felt like an elaborate PR exercise more than anything else really. Staveley went out of her way to reinforce the separation between the club, PIF and the Saudi state, they're absolutely playing by the FFP rules and definitely not financially doping and they definitely won't be bent over or held to ransom on paying for players. Some or all of this may indeed be true but it felt like a direct message to other clubs and the authorities about how we're playing the game. As I say, enjoyed it and will watch it all again a few times no doubt but I don't feel like the target audience, which, again, is fine. It's been produced for specific reasons and a certain audience 

6 hours ago, Interpolic said:

The only whiff I had of any trouble in paradise where there was a bit of tension in the room was when Staveley was about to make a phone call (to Ashworth?) and Eales said "think about what you're going to say" and Staveley snapped back "I know what I'm going to say" :lol:

Wasn't that Merhdad? Came across as a classic husband/wife exchange to me.

5 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Wasn't that Merhdad? Came across as a classic husband/wife exchange to me.

Aye I fucked it all up Doc, she was ringing Everton and bickering with her husband. I've already been shamed for this. 

Whoever made the point that Amanda is the story put their finger on something, I think. She is unique in English football, maybe world football? A woman right at the top of a club doing so well. If she was in with investors who white Europeans didn't have an issue with there'd be a lot more made of it, IMO.

Edited by Dr Venkman

5 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Whoever made the point that Amanda is the story put their finger on something, I think. She is unique in English football, maybe world football? A woman right at the top of a club doing so well. If she was in with investors who white Europeans didn't have an issue with there'd be a lot more made of it, IMO.

Karen Brady? Delia Smith? 

I’m sure there are other examples of Amanda but Delia and Brady aren’t them. Brady is a fucking sour idiot who’s been lucky as fuck. Delia is a likeable character who made it in a different realm and transferred that to football, not sure what her business mind is like. Amanda is all about the business, all about making deals, playing the game

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Karen Brady? Delia Smith? 

Brady isn’t an owner (is she? Gold and Sullivan own West Ham?), and Smith has never been at a CL club. Staveley is fairly unique. 

7 hours ago, BennyBlanco said:

Any links to this? My fire stick ain’t got it on yet and I’ve a bastard of a nightshift to try and shirk😂

Please don't post piracy links.

Have not watched yet, just downloading now. Don't know if any good in terms of quality sound/vision.

Just watched it, found it great and can't wait for the next one. 

Although I watch "toon in training" within 10 mins of getting the notification it's online so I'm definitely a sucker for watching anything related to us. 

Gutted they blurred out Dan's scouting list on his laptop screen though. Some of it was colour coded red [emoji38]

Enjoyed most parts of the first episode, but still couldn't help be irritated by the insert shot of Lee fucking Ryder in his shitty green parka jacket gormlessly nodding his head during Eddie's presser.

Just managed to get it here on a VPN. Thought it was great, just nice to see the city I miss so much and decent fans talking sense about it.

They're never gonna give it all away but just nice to have insight into our club and it running well :) It jumps around a fair bit though...

Can't seem to please some folk lol. Seans is a good lad too!

First episode is pretty much what I thought it might be. Loads of fantastic material but as I feared, Shearer's monotone narration makes it sound like he's creosoting his fence. Feels like Amanda did a much better job bringing the passion when she was on screen.