Manchester City 2-0 Newcastle United

Disco

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

image.thumb.jpeg.dc18df7cee5031184b591df6df5a292b.jpeg

Aye, good old predictable Newcastle. Only main difference is steady Eddie went for a triple whammy instead of the usual double sub. Honestly though, we need to mix this shit up a bit as we are far too fucking predictable.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Throwing the baby out with the bathwater comes to mind more for me.

1 minute ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Fucking hell this place is more knee-jerktastic than usual :lol: 

Fuck off, look at how ahead of us they are.

There’s some jerking of knees, but generally speaking it doesn’t seem that crazy.

It is all about context.  Yep, Man City are a much better side and are miles ahead. But we spurned several gilt-edged chances and conceded two comical goals.  We played well but were undone by concentration lapses at the back and dogshit finishing up top - the same as pretty much every game for a couple of months.  Knee-jerk would be indignant fury and calling for Howe’s head on a platter.  I’m not seeing that. 

1 minute ago, brummie said:

If you're going to lose matches, you're better off having it happen against two of the three most in-form, strongest teams in the league.

Yup, more frustrating we can’t score with the chances we create than losing. I don’t think we’re too far behind and I think Villa will do the same in closing the gap sooner than later with the ‘top 6’.

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Longstaff gets off easy mind, he’s shocking. 

He had a poor game today for sure, his number one problem of taking too long on the ball was a fault in several moments, especially for the chance from 8 yards and one where it got nicked off him and they broke on us. The best thing about his game is his movement, he does read the game extremely well 

19 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Not to go over old FFP ground, but if that’s true, that’s ridiculous we get £50m when Chelsea spend ten times that :anguish: 

Cellars male ten times more money and did it on that suicidal 8 year deal.

8 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Bernardo Silva off the bench.

Jacob Murphy off the bench.

"light years" would be doing the gap a disservice :lol:

Guest reefatoon
5 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

This post seems quite negative. It’s Man City we should expect to get beat and should all just be happy about it.

Sounded like we missed a few sitters to make it closer. Maybe people are just venting a little at the frustration of that. 

Always think you should just let people have a shout on straight after a game as it’s just emotion from the game more than anything reasonable or sensible [emoji38]

You shouldn’t get worked up about people expressing emotion about a game, I’ll never understand people that don’t.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

He had a poor game today for sure, his number one problem of taking too long on the ball was a fault in several moments, especially for the chance from 8 yards and one where it got nicked off him and they broke on us. The best thing about his game is his movement, he does read the game extremely well 

It's like every time he gets the ball in space in the opponent's half he doesn't anticipate someone coming in from behind him to nick it away. It happens time and again, especially against the top teams.

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There’s some jerking of knees, but generally speaking it doesn’t seem that crazy.

It is all about context.  Yep, Man City are a much better side and are miles ahead. But we spurned several gilt-edged chances and conceded two comical goals.  We played well but were undone by concentration lapses at the back and dogshit finishing up top - the same as pretty much every game for a couple of months.  Knee-jerk would be indignant fury and calling for Howe’s head on a platter.  I’m not seeing that. 

Exactly and the fact it’s been complained about for a couple of months surely means it’s not knee jerk- I know I don’t jerk my knees that long.

If there's been a good league game there it's not been since 95/96 and that looks better because of the dramatic scoreline than it was at the time (from memory) - was probably our worst performance of the season to that point.

Shouldn't televise the c**ts you'd think, but at least it gets it over with.

This place is a bit of a joke at times. Been on here for an eternity and you’re not allowed to criticize anything. Sure we’re not anywhere near these quality wise but we created 3-4 chances and not a single of those was on goal. We need to make changes. 

Just now, pedro111 said:

It's like every time he gets the ball in space in the opponent's half he doesn't anticipate someone coming in from behind him to nick it away. It happens time and again, especially against the top teams.

Agree that in the games where he gets less time on the ball it always happens. I think he’s shown signs of improving this part of his game in 2023 but it remains a weakness and one which we can’t really afford if we want to cement ourselves as a top 6 side going forward. Hopefully he can improve further 

2-0 was about right. We should have taken at least one of our chances, but they won quite comfortably in the end.

I can understand why Eddie wants to stick with the players who have got us to this position, but Miggy looks like he needs a rest. Targett isn't the greatest defender, but he offers us something a bit different from Dan Burn.