Manchester City 2-0 Newcastle United

Disco

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Don’t think we’ve played badly. But apart from Bournemouth and spells against West Ham. We haven’t been bad for the most part of late.  

But our finishing is becoming a bit of a joke. Toothless in front of goal.  

It's like when your a young un at school the ball comes to you in the box and you panic and either miss it miss control it sky the bugger 😂 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Don’t think we’ve played badly. But apart from Bournemouth and spells against West Ham. We haven’t been bad for the most part of late.  

But our finishing is becoming a bit of a joke. Toothless in front of goal.  

Yep - it’s exactly what Howe said pre-match; everything between the two boxes looks spot-on.  Our finishing is fucking diabolical at the moment though - Man City haven’t really turned up here

Just now, wyn davies said:

Targett on for last 5? What's the point

He's just come back from a long term injury and needs minutes to get back to full fitness? :lol:

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Joelinton about 10 minutes ago and in plenty of other matches. Why not include Wilson either? He's supposed to be our main goalscorer and has one of the highest xGs in the league. I'd bet good money on him having the worst xG to goal conversion rates in the league post world cup 

Joelinton I'm counting as one of our central midfielders?

Getting the ball to our striker to score is part of our play and we should continue with that, whoever is filling that position.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting different to what I am, we might be on the same page? :lol:

Our pattern of play, when building an attack, is to build down the flanks, predominantly the right, and to cut back and wait for midfield support to knock it into the mixer and see what happens. Our play doesn't really involve either flank running at players in transition and attempting to play balls between opposing players or across the pitch to keep the attack going at pace, that's not what we do. We emphasise retaining posession in the final third in transition rather than break and attack the goal directly.

I'd also like to see a lot more opportunistic shots from outside the box, you get chances from deflections and saves being dropped which we don't seem to try and take advantage of.

I don't think any of this above is that disagreeable to be fair.

Really disappointing few weeks in terms of performances and results, however saying that I don't think we've played particularly bad at all today, have had plenty of chances, but all in all if someone said to us in August that coming in to the 2nd week of march we'd be a few points off the top 4 with a couple of games in had and a cup final behind us, I'm sure we would of all have taken it, the next to games are huge and really important in our quest for European football next season... on wards and up words there's good times ahead

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

You don't seem to think Botman's to blame for Botman's misplaced passes, so maybe :lol:

I haven’t even mentioned his passing either way. I just think he’s been better than Burn today. Not saying he’s been a 10/10

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

How many balls need to go across the box before someone gets on the end of one!?

Cant be going around asking for a goal against the mighty man city away, like :lol:

Just now, 54 said:

He's just come back from a long term injury and needs minutes to get back to full fitness? :lol:

That's the problem we all kind of have to guess exactly what's wrong with a lot of our none starting players. Too secretive in my book. Targett could of been making a film in Hollywood for all we know. 😂 

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

Shearer must fuckin cringe at the amount of decent balls across the box that don't get attacked. 

Why is nobody ever there?

Because they aren’t used to a cross coming in first time from a non inverted winger? (I’m not even joking either [emoji38])