Notts Forest 1-2 Newcastle United (17/03/2023)

Disco

4 hours ago, frankpingel said:

Aye my son reckons best away game for atmosphere in years.

Forest fans were up a notch on a lot grounds around the country, they really pumped up the atmosphere so that would have helped hype us up as well.

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

Forest fans were up a notch on a lot grounds around the country, they really pumped up the atmosphere so that would have helped hype us up as well.

They were great. The atmosphere was really incredible like. Thought it might of been that i was next to the away fans and it's always hilarious in the group when you're one of them in hiding and the whole ground is calling you a 'dirty fucking geordie cunt' [emoji38] 

The bairn was oblivious he was just sitting there with his Forest industrial strength ear defenders on :lol:

21 minutes ago, TRon said:

Look at the remaining teams. I’d probably make West Ham favourites against all of them

9 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I still run with incompetence before corruption.  The fact the VAR team would happily go on the record stating that Felipe didn’t deliberately play the ball I reckon fulfils the criterion of embarrassment, and shows that they don’t realise how stupid they sound. 

See.... Tiote was interfering with play outside the keepers line of sight so offside.

Two weeks later......Negredo is not interfering with play when offside despite stepping over the ball.

their stadium is a lot more condusive to a decent atmosphere.

4 small individual stands with great acoustics.

that becomes a problem with bigger more open stadia like ours.

Edited by huss9

Came across on TV that it was bouncing in both ends. Wobbly camera style for Notts after the goal in the first. Sounded class as well. Friday night football > Sat/Sun lunchtime when you’re there.

14 hours ago, huss9 said:

dont they only do that for home games?

We’ve done it for quite a few away games but it all depends on the home side giving us permission I think

Southampton x2, Man U, Leicester, Brighton, Spurs and Wolves so far. Quite a few haven’t. Couldn’t see anyone from the club on the blog vids so assume probably won’t be one.

Edited by GeordieDazzler

Few things on that match cam:

The play for the Isak goal was unreal. Was like 4 passes super quick.

Botmans elation at the final whistle. Takes alot to get the big man stoked like that.

Bruno not entirely knowing the words to EIEIO is cute.

The raw footage inside the scrum of celebration was epic.

Also, Anderson playing like a man and not a boy. Almost bullish on the ball, like a 16 year old Rooney used to be. Hopefully, it sets the tone for future performances from him.

Still think that moment during the match when Jones told Eddie to fuck off was a bit weird. I know stuff like that happens but really didn't expect that from our coaching team during a match. Didn't Jones say similar to Bruce during a game too? 

Not to gloss over a fantastic result and effort from everyone but that was really strange and not something I ever expected to see :dontknow:

3 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Still think that moment during the match when Jones told Eddie to fuck off was a bit weird. I know stuff like that happens but really didn't expect that from our coaching team during a match. Didn't Jones say similar to Bruce during a game too? 

Not to gloss over a fantastic result and effort from everyone but that was really strange and not something I ever expected to see :dontknow:

Wasn’t he saying it to the forth official?