Newcastle United 2-0 Manchester United (02/04/2023)

Disco

It would be humiliating to our current midfielders to bring in McTominay. None of our midfielders really deserve to be replaced at the moment but to do it with McTominay would be a degrading gesture towards them. I don't dislike McTominay but do it well or don't at all.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

What’s to explain, they were chasing the game (I know it didn’t look that way) :lol:

It's hardly normal to take your whole defence off when changing the game. And they also brought a defender on. 

It was very weird. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's hardly normal to take your whole defence off when changing the game. And they also brought a defender on. 

It was very weird. 

They were losing and thus wanted to go 3 at the back, lindelof is probably the best in the air and this he was brought on to contest aerially. 

Im guessing Varane played for France during three break?

Just now, r0cafella said:

They were losing and thus wanted to go 3 at the back, lindelof is probably the best in the air and this he was brought on to contest aerially. 

Nah Varane has retired from national duty 

11 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

What’s to explain, they were chasing the game (I know it didn’t look that way) :lol:

This, and Varane is carrying an injury. Varane and Martinez off. Lindelof on. Push another up front and Lindelof is more of an aerial threat than Martinez (he had a half chance from a corner right after coming on).

I don't understand why such a big deal is being made of us going to a back three. :lol: 

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

What you said. :lol: Didn't see this post before replying to your other one.

12 hours ago, huss9 said:

they'd run out of ideas, and ETH brought Maguire on realising the only way they were going to score was from a corner or set piece.

ironic that they then conceded from one.

Eh? Maguire didn't play :lol:

59 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think Martinez is the best CB in the league, or second behind The Botmanator.

John Stones imo. If he wasn’t injured so much it would be comfortably too.

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

Two emergency loan signings in the lineup

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the "emergency loan signings" would be our highest paid player ever, and also keeping Brazilian international and £50m player Fred on the bench. 

Speaking of their bench, that must be one of the most expensive benches in the PL? Disgusting waste of money on there :lol:

6 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the "emergency loan signings" would be our highest paid player ever, and also keeping Brazilian international and £50m player Fred on the bench. 

Speaking of their bench, that must be one of the most expensive benches in the PL? Disgusting waste of money on there :lol:

Weghorst is on 40k and Sabitzer 55k so I would doubt it. Fred should have started though. He was maybe hoping McTominay would prove a point to earn a move. :lol:

Also, don't talk about the bench. :lol: Serious money wasted on absolute dross. Maguire = Botman/Guimaraes plus some change.

5 hours ago, GeordieYorkie said:

My Man Utd supporting mate hasn't messaged me still, despite giving it large all week. 
Do I hold on? 😂

That’s funny because mine threw a right wobbler yesterday [emoji38] Got all emotional and tried to have a laugh about us ‘parading around like we handed over the trophy’

Havnt heard back since I pointed out we do that after most home wins and that we are now 3rd because we have +18 their gd 

54 minutes ago, sixx said:

It would be humiliating to our current midfielders to bring in McTominay. None of our midfielders really deserve to be replaced at the moment but to do it with McTominay would be a degrading gesture towards them. I don't dislike McTominay but do it well or don't at all.

That’s the same view I have. I don’t understand the dislike we seem to have for McTominay as I think he’s actually a solid Premier League player, but I don’t think he’s better than what we have. Longstaff is the obvious one that is replaced in the midfield 3, but only with a top quality addition of Bruno levels 

Only just catching up on the thread now - was my mam's birthday, yesterday but still managed to watch the game at my sisters. :)

At the risk of not want to repeat much of what has already been said - we were terrific and now great is it that we are now enjoying our days in the sun again, after 14 years of darkness!  :coolsmiley:

McTominay would be absolutely fine to bring in as a squad player. we're thin in midfield and he fits the profile to a tee. we're going to need a squad if we're to compete on multiple levels next season. it's the absolute basics, this. can't believe it needs explaining :lol:

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Weghorst is on 40k and Sabitzer 55k so I would doubt it. Fred should have started though. He was maybe hoping McTominay would prove a point to earn a move. :lol:

Also, don't talk about the bench. :lol: Serious money wasted on absolute dross. Maguire = Botman/Guimaraes plus some change.

Google just told me Sabitzer is on way more than that, from £110k to £165k or even £211k a week. Even at the lower end, he would be at least amongst our highest earners.

Our entire back 5 yesterday would have cost less than a Maguire :lol:

Just now, Nobody said:

Google just told me Sabitzer is on way more than that, from £110k to £165k or even £211k a week. Even at the lower end, he would be at least amongst our highest earners.

Our entire back 5 yesterday would have cost less than a Maguire :lol:

he gets paid in instalments, so it doesn't really count.

:crazy2: