Newcastle United 2-0 Manchester United (02/04/2023)

Disco

Thought worth noting how much of a massive strategic mistake it was by Ten Hag to talk about time wasting pre-match and then send his team out to slow the game down as much as they did. 

Couldn’t have asked for a better way to wind up the fans and get some everyone going.  

On the way back to the car, a people carrier taxi full of mancs was going down St James Boulevard. 

Found it hilarious as they were. naturally getting a bit of grief, but they got caught on every traffic light giving ample opportunities for the masses to have their say :lol:

Naturally some kid who was probably 4 stone soaking wet tried to give it the biggun, but gladly he disappeared and the harmless craic carried on. 

Even the little'n gave them a snarky wave as they passed :aww:

I don't think there's a team I enjoy a victory over more than this lot.

Loved that match. Longstaff everywhere, Bruno controlling the game, Isak just pure class on the ball, Trippiers delivery, ASM working hard for the assist, defence solid, etc etc.

Eddie Howe is a freak of nature.

Edited by BonesJones

Great game and we totally dominated every area of the pitch. 

Eddie Howe went in to this game mentally ready to execute everything infront of us. 

I think the comments Ten Hag made backfired alot and our players went in totally ready to assasin. We didnt finish the chances like an assasin but im more than satisfied we won and made them look poor like that.

Erik Ten Hag has been absolutely shown up in the build up and execution of this fixture. Make no qualms about it.

He set the narrative by accusing us of being annoying, time wasting and all that absolute waffle then turned up to do the exact same. The famous Man United rocking up to St James' to put in a bottom 10 tactical plan. Imagine that...

All the mind games pre-match, all the supposed mind games on the pitch, and Eddie Howe went about the game and the presser as he always does -  focused, gentlemanly and thoroughly. That showed on the pitch. He'd done his research and we executed our plan - playing at our level.

Any team playing at their 'level' is a team playing of a certain standard for a prolonged period of time in my eyes and being 3rd after 2/3 of the season suggests to me that we're absolutely of this level. Whether other clubs aren't is their problem.

Nothing can be taken away from everyone at the club today. We've not spent much more than the vast majority of premier league clubs, especially if you consider Ashley's reign, we've worked professionally, hard, smart and within the confines of the leagues regulations. Cool, calm, measured. Just fucking awesome.

Ten Hag and Luke Shaw simply demonstrated the arrogance of Manchester United, and their day tripping wanker fans all fucked off home at the first sight of 2 0.

You've seen United. Now fuck off home.

Edited by Heron

Going down as one of the great days, I think. 

In this era of too much screen time and every TV series being binged in a few nights, I find it pretty easy to forget our very good moments and quickly move on. It's a real shame, actually. Not forgetting this one though. Beating - hell, dominating - Man United to sit third in April. The atmosphere was frightening, the players are loveable and our manager is an actual God.

Fucking hell yes. Loved today so much.

7 hours ago, toon25 said:

Notice Shteve was conspicuous by his absence, the fucking pussy.

Did intervene/act as peacemaker towards the end to be fair. Could be faintly heard: “Eh, Eeric, chill man ze Eddie has the know-Howe we did think.”

Spoiler

Must have been 1am before I got to sleep last night and I woke up at 4 still buzzing [emoji38]

Reckon it might catch up with me later at work but who cares. Going to watch the whole game back when I get in. Anyone know of any websites that show full games? I know footyfull or something does but the links weren't working for the forest game a couple of weeks back.

Edited by Scoot

16 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Must have been 1am before I got to sleep last night and I woke up at 4 still buzzing [emoji38]

Reckon it might catch up with me later at work but who cares. Going to watch the whole game back when I get in. Anyone know of any websites that show full games? I know footyfull or something does but the links weren't working for the forest game a couple of weeks back.

Sky will show it, if it’s not on one of the channels, it will likely be on demand.

8 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Thought worth noting how much of a massive strategic mistake it was by Ten Hag to talk about time wasting pre-match and then send his team out to slow the game down as much as they did. 

Couldn’t have asked for a better way to wind up the fans and get some everyone going.  

Yeah. I thought we were far more hostile than usual. Every goal kick De Gea was getting shit.

He was probably only taking a touch longer than average at times. Especially when keepers look to go short, then send the defenders up when it’s

not on.

But like you say, Ten Hag drew so much attention to it. That the fans responded and got stuck in on every goal kick. 

Just now, Froggy said:

image.thumb.png.e09667eebc94c46ec465cf8e2992f99a.png

Fair play for sticking around amongst all the abuse :lol: 

FWIW, I thought Martinez was incredible. I don’t want to like him. Yet every game I see him. He seems to impress me more and more. Shame

about the rest of your gutless fucks on the day.