Newcastle United 3-1 Southampton (30/04/2023)

BlueStar

Just now, STM said:

Mind you, if Southampton go down, they should stick with Selles. He's an astute, articulate coach. He needs a clean slate. If they can keep a few, they will smash the champo.

He's been dreadful I think. His subs today were baffling

It was clear they needed to leave someone up front in the second half today but they barely got over the half way line

1 hour ago, Disco said:

No way you’d sign JWP. Shit and runs in treacle but you’d take KWP, Lavia or Alcaraz as a squaddie.

First half, Murphy never seemed open to take the pass and then Gordon when they switched. KWP shut us down pretty well. I'm not sure he's the level of player we are after, but that he can play both sides well would be useful.

2 minutes ago, Teslact said:

First half, Murphy never seemed open to take the pass and then Gordon when they switched. KWP shut us down pretty well. I'm not sure he's the level of player we are after, but that he can play both sides well would be useful.

It won’t happen but he’d be the perfect upgrade on Manquillo. 

36 minutes ago, STM said:

Mind you, if Southampton go down, they should stick with Selles. He's an astute, articulate coach. He needs a clean slate. If they can keep a few, they will smash the champo.

They hate him, so I doubt it.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Craig Hope is a…

Cant agree with that at all. Hows he going to get up to speed Craig if you dont give him more time to get up to speed? Was a perfectly decent starting 11 but it was a clever change and I imagine experiencing that first half was just as much of a factor in our improvement in the second as the change was.

51 minutes ago, STM said:

Was reading their forum and they detest him, blaming him for today for how poor his subs were.

They're a weird bunch on their mind, saying how we had the ref in our pocket. :lol: 

33 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

This is on me and not his fault but seein Graeme Jones for some reason gets my back up.

It’s just the association with a bad time, the “hope” that him coming in was somehow going to help Bruce.  The Jones in the stand  vs touch line saga.

He’s got a good reputation but he just brings me back to a bad time!

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

6 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

This is on me and not his fault but seein Graeme Jones for some reason gets my back up.

It’s just the association with a bad time, the “hope” that him coming in was somehow going to help Bruce.  The Jones in the stand  vs touch line saga.

He’s got a good reputation but he just brings me back to a bad time!

Exactly the same, it's totally irrational though :lol:

He makes it his business to make sure the camera catches him, plus he looks like the type of bloke that sniffs bus seats.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Trippier has a nasty habit of letting his man ghost goal side in the box.

Still love him, obviously. But it's a consistent flaw in his game.

Why doesn’t he shoot anymore from free kicks ?   Injury?

We had one today that just needed hitting.  They faffed and it came to nothing.