Newcastle United 3-1 Southampton (30/04/2023)

BlueStar

Could Bruno, Joelinton and Gordon come to some agreement about varying their hair colour? Watching on the small screen, it can be difficult to distinguish between the three of them.

Have some consideration, lads.

12 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I dunno, like. He was very good and would be happy to sign him. But despite his quality tackle on Bruno first half for the goal. Bruno and Willock both still had very good games and Joelinton was as effective as usual in CM. 

Whilst Lavia played well. Man to man and as a collective. We dominated their midfield. So I’m not sure what he bossed, exactly.  

I thought he was the best player on the pitch till we scored, his ability to take the ball in any area under pressure and get out and play it forward is so impressive. Think he will be a superstar at his next club (hopefully here).

25 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Pretty much the opinion of most fans who watched the match. But then I remember you don’t like have people having different opinions to you.

What you on about? If that was the case I wouldn’t be on a football forum ? I just try to give balance.

I’ll repeat it’s hyperbole. He played well but if you absolutely boss the midfield you usually win the game not lose it 3-1 and would’ve been more if we’d took our earlier chances. It also helped that Bruno is clearly playing injured.

The lad can be pleased with his effort and performance for parts of the game but it was hardly the second coming of Bryan Robson. That’s all I was suggesting ?

37 minutes ago, Sima said:

Reminded me of the time that Scott Parker used to get Man of the Match every time the whole team played absolute dump.

Do they still announce MotM on the PA? Completely forgot about that. Was always grimly amusing during the shit times.

4 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Do they still announce MotM on the PA? Completely forgot about that. Was always grimly amusing during the shit times.

Nope. Think it stopped years ago but couldn’t say for sure.

How can you expect him to impress in a midfield two with JWP against three of the most in form midfielders in the league? He’s clearly very talented and have a big future ahead of him.

9 hours ago, Disco said:

Was in all games against us this season. Slow as fuck and can only pass the way he’s facing. Proper MOTD player.

For me JWP is a good mid-table/bottom half PL player. He has technical quality and his set pieces make him a real asset for a certain level of club.

However there is no way he is good enough for a CL pushing club. Lacking in the required pace and dynamism. Southampton have been picked mercilessly (and willingly) for their talent over the years and it's never even been remotely likely that he would get picked up.

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Not a criticism of Lavia as a player, but I had no particular midfield-based worries yesterday, especially second half

This ??

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

I have no idea what I'm looking at here...

I think its the skyline of Newcastle in green and the skyline of Sunderland in blue 

What I like about Lavia is that not only is he an excellent ball winner in midfield but when he does win it he turns over play really quickly which is an asset for any team wanting to break quickly. I would put him in our starting 11 and could see him being a transformative signing for Liverpool.

He played well the first half yesterday and disrupted our midfield play but in the second half we didn’t try to play though the middle, instead only turning it over from side to side so he couldn’t have an impact on the game.

10 hours ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Are we really that decent at the moment? Judging by West Ham, Spurs, Everton and Southampton forums and the press, these teams have just been utterly diabolical rather than us good :banghead:

Tbf when we lost under Bruce, it never felt like it was because we were good but outplayed. Never did I give the opposition any credit, just Bruce stick. 

10 hours ago, Cronky said:

Could Bruno, Joelinton and Gordon come to some agreement about varying their hair colour? Watching on the small screen, it can be difficult to distinguish between the three of them.

Have some consideration, lads.

Maybe initials shaved in?