Leeds United 2-2 Newcastle United (13/05/2023)

Disco

Just now, KaKa said:

Biggest takeaway from this game for me.

Trippier has to be a situational player next season.

Only to be used against teams that are not very physical and do not have someone very quick and tricky on his side.

He's really small, quite slow and not very physical. he's been brilliant on the whole this season, but against the wrong kind of team or player he is a liability defensively.

In addition to this I also somewhat feel the same about Amiron too. Has to be a squad player next season, to be brought in against the right kind of opponent. Kept looking to fall over and gesture to the ref every time he was challenged, which only emboldened Leeds and made our play more and more disjointed.

Trippier and Almiron today were very very disappointing, and it was often the undercurrent to a lot of our play getting spoiled.

Think his legs are going a big if im

honest 

Enough isn’t being made of how spawny their second goal was either. 99% of the time that gets blocked, flies over or is saved. Pricks. Hope they still go down for sacking Bielsa. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Any accusations of bottling is properly triggering. So unfair on this exceptional bunch of players who are among some of the strongest mentally I've ever seen in my time supporting the club. 

We literally came out the right end of three penalties - easily one of the hardest mental challenges in the whole sport.

They had to fight for everything to secure that point. Could easily have gone the other way. 

I think it's a fair criticism. It doesn't mean the side should be consigned to the dustbin forever, but it's fair to acknowledge their was a lack of control in the play which we know the side is capable of - and that we played Leeds' game, not ours.

It's all good as far as I'm concerned, they need to learn play big matches with high stakes.

* - only saw second half

Targett has to play like, more composed on the ball a bit quicker aswell takes a canny set piece. And doesn't just come bowling into players and give daft free kicks away. Burns shite in the air so no loss on that front but creatively it will benefit us for the last three games. 

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

honest 

Doesn't help that we don't have a reasonable back up to allow a 32 year old a single game's rest.

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

Got to play ASM on the left on Thursday.

Gordon/Isak are poor as starters.

Not convinced. Thought he was almost a liability and so casual today, not the only one but still, he has sat and watched 70 mins of a match where the ref wasnt giving free kicks to our players and he went down easily multiple times letting Leeds overlap and counter attack. Hopefully Longstaff is back and we shift that way.

Just now, Sempiternal said:

honest 

I think he's just worn out. Has played way too much this season and he has suffered for it.

Hope we get a right back in that can start at a high level. There have been links to Dumfries but no idea how true those rumours are, but would like to see someone of that ilk come in on that side.

Agree that Trippier is becoming a liability defensively. Burn too. Leeds only attacked wide. We don't have cover for them when our midfielders are leggy, as they were today. Need a DM and need younger and better fullbacks.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

That game had fat Sams stench all over it the anti football cunt. 

Was desperate to win this one today.

Sick of all the fuss being made about this guy man. 

Completely rooting for Leeds to go down now, don't want this despicable mess staying on and continuing in the Prem with them.

Just now, Superior Acuña said:

There is a lot resting on his shoulders considering Burn on the other side offers literally nothing going forward.

Having Targett as another option for set pieces would really help 

Felt quite grim that match. Hoped we were going to jam our way to the win but wasn't to be. Overall poor from us with some honking performances combined with some not quite there performances. Still, a point is ok and we're still on track, though this does increase the pressure. I'm torn between being amazed we are up there and worried we might let it drop. Ultimately it'll be our fault if we fuck it from here.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Biggest takeaway from this game for me.

Trippier has to be a situational player next season.

Only to be used against teams that are not very physical and do not have someone very quick and tricky on his side.

He's really small, quite slow and not very physical. He's been brilliant on the whole this season, but against the wrong kind of team or player he is a liability defensively.

In addition to this I also somewhat feel the same about Amiron too. Has to be a squad player next season, to be brought in against the right kind of opponent. Kept looking to fall over and gesture to the ref every time he was challenged, which only emboldened Leeds and made our play more and more disjointed.

Trippier and Almiron today were very very disappointing, and it was often the undercurrent to a lot of our play getting spoiled.

this is absolute madness imo. He has been incredible this season in all kinds of games.

3 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Avoided this thread during the game, and after popping in, will pop out again. Can smell the pissy bedsheets from some already.

Its just emotions in the moment.