Newcastle United vs. Leicester City: 22/05/23 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I don't mind Leicester, but hope that Newcastle get the job done and win it well. At home, eager fans, destiny in your hands, etc.

A point will do, but the fans deserve a performance like the Brighton one to finish the season off at home.

Leicester will surely give it everything they have. They need at least 4 point to avoid the drop.

I think it'll be a 3-1 home win. Maddison and Vardy will cause some problems. The former could see this as an audition.

Who would 'take a point' tomorrow then?

It's obviously a very winnable fixture, one we should really win, and would strengthen our grip on 3rd if we won, but a point would finally get us over the line, and we could just enjoy Chelsea away with minimal jeopardy and blood a few youngsters and try different things.

5 minutes ago, Paullow said:

It's obviously a very winnable fixture, one we should really win, and would strengthen our grip on 3rd if we won, but a point would finally get us over the line, and we could just enjoy Chelsea away with minimal jeopardy and blood a few youngsters and try different things.

I take a point in a sub second.  The chalice is within reach, it's there to grab.

9 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Would happily take one 

Yeah, I would too. It would mean that we would very likely finish 4th (although not set in stone), but the difference between 3rd and 4th is tiny compared to the difference between 4th and 5th. I would go out with the intention to win, and go out for the win, but if it's 1-1 after like 89 minutes, I certainly wouldn't be doing anything stupid to try and force the winner.

In theory, i'd love a draw to give Leciester a fighting chance on the last day, however, in practise that means 100mins of nail biting terror, and I'm not sure i'd cope.

Although the difference between 4th and 5th is massive, the chance of us getting 5th is so low so i dont think i would take a point if offered. 
Getting ahead of Manchester United for the first time in the Premier League is pretty big too imo.

Kind of sucks, I have to pick my wife up at a medical appointment across town 15 minutes before kickoff Over an hour drive both ways. I'll record it and I'll be glued to the game when I get home. I have the day off so I'll have the beer fridge stocked with Extra Pale Ales.

Just seen the ref for tomorrow - Marriner :hmm:

This isn't going to be as straightforward as some think. He'll blow for every single contact, no matter how slight. We'll need to be smart tomorrow night, get in his ear early on and point out what they're doing. Absolutely clamming for an early goal to change the complexion of the game, we need Leicester to come out and leave space. They're rank but they still need to be beaten.

Very, very confident we'll put 3+ past this rabble however

3 minutes ago, midds said:

Just seen the ref for tomorrow - Marriner :hmm:

This isn't going to be as straightforward as some think. He'll blow for every single contact, no matter how slight. We'll need to be smart tomorrow night, get in his ear early on and point out what they're doing. Absolutely clamming for an early goal to change the complexion of the game, we need Leicester to come out and leave space. They're rank but they still need to be beaten.

Very, very confident we'll put 3+ past this rabble however

Marriner is a Villa fan. He's going to have a soft spot for Dean Smith.

He's going to make it hard for you.

*tin foil hat*

49 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Anyone who wouldn’t rip your whole arm off for a point right now, if offered, probably started supporting us this season :lol:.

Colour me greedy then, I want a win to sign off at home with a real celebration.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Colour me greedy then, I want a win to sign off at home with a real celebration.

I totally understand where you are coming from but securing UCL next season, wouldn't SJP explode in celebration?

Win for works for me, mind.

Edited by McDog

For me it just depends on availability. If Bruno and Joe start I’ll be confident of us getting a win. The intensity we showed in the first half against a very in form Brighton should also cause this Leicester team problems provided we can match it. 

An early goal would be perfecf, but either way this is another game where the crowd have to make it difficult for them. You’ll not convince me otherwise that Brighton’s build up - particularly involving Jason Steele - was disrupted by the pressing and crowd noise.