Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Yes, you get one coefficient point for group stage draws and two for wins (same for both Champions League and Europa League). We get four bonus points for CL group stage participation, so our club coefficient is now 5 (it was 0). 

It takes years to build it up though. Let's say we win two and draw two and that's good enough to advance and then get to a QF and lose (undoubtedly a great showing). That would be 4 (groups) + 4 (two wins) + 2 (two draws) + 4 (CL Round of 16 bonus) + 1 (advancing a round). That would give us a club coefficient of 15, which is less than the 21.94 we used for this year based on country coefficient. For context, 40.5 was the bottom of Pot 3 and 76 (Arsenal) was the bottom of Pot 2. 

The Europa League doesn't have the group or Round of 16 participation bonuses, which are significant, but the rest is the same. It's a good competition for building up the club number.

And financially a draw is worth £800,000. A win is £2.4mill. We could get as much extra from the group stage as a years worth of sleeve sponsorship.

Tried for PSG home tickets on their general sale and already gone.

We think our ticketing system is bad, theirs is borderline criminal. General sale and then unlimited touting of tickets at whatever price you want to set it at, which then PSG take a cut again on the secondary market.

Going to have to chance it close to the day on the marketplace when prices inevitably come down.

7 minutes ago, Anderson said:

100%, seeing Mbappe at SJP was the main draw of playing them. Hope he's fit. Mind, I might change my tune if we beat them sans-Mbappe. 

Am I missing something here?  You want Mbappe to play against Newcastle?  Because he's great?  Well that's the total opposite of what I want.  In fact I want the whole of the PSG team to contact covid.

10 hours ago, Rod said:

Am I missing something here?  You want Mbappe to play against Newcastle?  Because he's great?  Well that's the total opposite of what I want.  In fact I want the whole of the PSG team to contact covid.

I agree, getting 4th in this group of death and not qualifying for EL through third place will leave a sour taste. We will be playing against all teams and players this year or next years. This isn’t the last time we are playing UCL. 

Edited by Solitude20

11 hours ago, Anderson said:

100%, seeing Mbappe at SJP was the main draw of playing them. Hope he's fit. Mind, I might change my tune if we beat them sans-Mbappe. 

Yes, I can’t lie I was at the very least intrigued (alright probably a bit excited) at seeing, live, a generational talent who’s very likely to win the Ballon D’or at some point (insert own Anthony Gordon reference).

Having said that - we’re definitely favourites for this if he’s not playing, and if we’ve got four points from our first two games…