Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

15 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Just from a fan experience. You wait 20 years to be bsck among the elite and 2 of your guaranteed 6 matches are against a team around 200 miles away, technically in the same country.

There'd obviously be far harder ties, but it would just be underwhelming, especially as 8000 were already up there a month ago.

Point taken, but I reckon if we got them, that would probably be an ‘extra’ trip for many, who’d only be planning on doing one European away.

I swear every time I've watched TNT so far they've had a different style and placement of the score. 

Very miffed I forgot about Klaksvik. What a pair of finishes from their guy. 

48 minutes ago, SteV said:

For any particular reason?

They would be potentially one of the weakest in that Pot for me

Agreed, Rangers look absolutely bobbins at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Can anyone remember when payment for the remaining 2 champions league games is due to go out? I remember them saying August but can't remember the date.

25th wasn’t it?

This will have been asked or discussed already but, when is the first CL match for us?

Is the home / away dates in a preset order or would it be random based on the draw?

I travel for work and just want to make sure I am home for the games.

1 minute ago, pinkeye said:

This will have been asked or discussed already but, when is the first CL match for us?

Is the home / away dates in a preset order or would it be random based on the draw?

I travel for work and just want to make sure I am home for the games.

haha, literally in the OP:

Group stage

Draw: 31 August 2023
Matchday 1: 19–20 September 2023

Matchday 2: 3–4 October 2023

Matchday 3: 24–25 October 2023

Matchday 4: 7–8 November 2023

Matchday 5: 28–29 November 2023

Matchday 6: 12–13 December 2023

So we would play either 19th or 20th but, whether it is home or away depends on the draw on 31st....  All good.

Actually hope it is away as I have a trip to Sweden planned that week which would be hard to get out of.

5 hours ago, pinkeye said:

Group stage

So we would play either 19th or 20th but, whether it is home or away depends on the draw on 31st....  All good.

Actually hope it is away as I have a trip to Sweden planned that week which would be hard to get out of.

NCL - Milan flights are dirt cheap on these dates atm.

Edited by Slim

10 3rd qualifying round matches tonight, presumably because Man City play Sevilla in the Super Cup tomorrow so UEFA won't want any clashes. 9 of them 2nd legs, and Zagreb vs AEK a first leg due to the fan violence next week - the second leg of that one is on Saturday night.

Doesn't look like Klaksvik is televised in the UK unfortunately.

Champions Path:
6pm - Aris Limassol vs Rakow (agg 1-2) - Live on TNT Sports 4
6pm - Maccabi Haifa vs Slovan Bratislava (agg 2-1)
6pm - Molde vs Klaksvik (agg 1-2)
6pm - Sparta Prague vs FC Copenhagen (agg 0-0) - Live on TNT Sports 2
7pm - Dinamo Zagreb vs AEK Athens (first leg)
7pm - Galatasaray vs Olimpija Ljubljana (agg 3-0) - Live on TNT Sports 3

League Path:
7pm - Backa Topola (TSC) vs Braga (0-3)
7.30pm - Servette vs Rangers (agg 1-2) - Live on BBC Scotland
7.30pm - Sturm Graz vs PSV (agg 1-4) - Live on TNT Sports 1
8pm - Marseille vs Panathinaikos (0-1)

20 hours ago, pinkeye said:

Group stage

Really hope it’s the 19th for us. I’ve got a flight on the Wednesday and I’d be so gutted to miss the game

17 minutes ago, Paullow said:

10 3rd qualifying round matches tonight, presumably because Man City play Sevilla in the Super Cup tomorrow so UEFA won't want any clashes. 9 of them 2nd legs, and Zagreb vs AEK a first leg due to the fan violence next week - the second leg of that one is on Saturday night.

I like that they're planning the fan violence ahead of time these days :thup: 

With Molde playing Galatasaray in the playoff round, we're now guaranteed to be in pot 4 (was always 99% likely).

Copenhagen through on pens. Wouldn't mind getting them if they qualify (play Rakow in the playoff) and end up in pot 3. I'd never get a ticket but would defo be up for a trip to Denmark. 

Edited by Paullow

1 hour ago, Paullow said:

With Molde playing Galatasaray in the playoff round, we're now guaranteed to be in pot 4 (was always 99% likely).

Copenhagen through on pens. Wouldn't mind getting them if they qualify (play Rakow in the playoff) and end up in pot 3. I'd never get a ticket but would defo be up for a trip to Denmark. 

They play at Parken, should be plenty of tickets in the offing as they cant sell that out.

Happy for Rangers. Don't want them though. No British teams. Just imagine how our fans felt in the 70s drawing Southampton. As far away as a proper European team but none of the spice.

They play PSV in final round. Winner in CL groups, loser in Europe groups.

Marseille vs Panathinaikos about yo go to pens. Winner faces Brags in the playoffs. Not on TNT Sports unfortunately, but on betting sites.