Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

12 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Think I'd rather stick pins in me baals than have to play Liverpool in either a final in Dublin or in a 2 legged European tie.

I’d much rather see NUFC play in a European final than stick pins in my testicles like, but to each their own :p

We got taken over in October 2021 and we were staring relegation right in the face. In February 2022, Trippier smacked a free kick into the back of the net at home in front of the Gallowgate end and we finally climbed out of the bottom 3. We went on to finish mid table. Following season we finished 4th and secured Champions League football for the first time in 20+ years. On August 31st, we are hours away from drawing 3 other teams in the Champions League. 

Unbelievable. 

Just throwing it out there but does anyone think the reason the last 2 games weren’t as ‘intensity is our identity’ is because some players are holding back a bit because they don’t want to get injured for the champions league games. 🤔

3 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Just throwing it out there but does anyone think the reason the last 2 games weren’t as ‘intensity is our identity’ is because some players are holding back a bit because they don’t want to get injured for the champions league games. 🤔

Not really.

Man City were just a bit too good with their possession, probably demoralised us to a certain extent, and the Liverpool game just went a bit odd after the red card (well in the second half anyway). We were bang on it in that first 25 mins or so.

7 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

rather have them beat everyone in our group and finish second then get them first knockout round

I was more referring to them not playing at the Nou Camp this season, which puts a right dampener on getting them IMO

Hoping for Feyenoord in Pot 1, Copenhagen in Pot 3, and then anybody in Pot 2. Was originally hoping for two big teams for some memorable nights and to really test the team, but now hoping it's a bit more straightforward.

One huge team in Pot 2 should still give us a good chance in getting through, and a couple of big nights, but the competitiveness of the Premier League has kind of changed my outlook a bit. 

Defo want Copenhagen and would look to make that trip.

Edited by Paullow

4 hours ago, STM said:

Liverpool loss has taken the gloss off this, for me.

I felt the same way. I've barely been on here since Sunday. I've quickly scrolled past any news related to the Premier League. I have no idea if my fantasy team won this past weekend. Had no idea we drew City until this morning.

The CL theme has been playing on repeat this morning and I'm now looking forward to this, but that result really ruined me.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

We got taken over in October 2021 and we were staring relegation right in the face. In February 2022, Trippier smacked a free kick into the back of the net at home in front of the Gallowgate end and we finally climbed out of the bottom 3. We went on to finish mid table. Following season we finished 4th and secured Champions League football for the first time in 20+ years. On August 31st, we are hours away from drawing 3 other teams in the Champions League. 

Unbelievable. 

Careful, the 7/10 police will be along shortly