Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

12 minutes ago, oldtype said:

Yeah, same. Was certainly hoping to experience us getting utterly torn apart by Messi at least once in my lifetime. 

Haha maybe not that bad but think we have deserved to see him

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

He was mint that game even without the goal. And for that whole season I seem to remember. Hacker Griffin, knew how to take the man and the ball. 

Special mention for that tackle

1 minute ago, oldtype said:

I will never get over the fact that Shola Ameobi has scored goals (plural) in the Champions League.

I like Shola (cards on the table here). But I think for whatever reason he’s not remembered fondly by sone fans despite goals v s*nderland, Barcelona, bayer l and some decent performances albeit not enough. But people need to remember he played for years with an injury, was a decent pro and is a local lad done well. 

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

He was mint that game even without the goal. And for that whole season I seem to remember. Hacker Griffin, knew how to take the man and the ball. 

just ask Robert 

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Yea he was good that day, but if you needed proof for the existence of the multiverse through an average Newcastle player socring in the Champions League, surely it has already been proven? :lol:

6 minutes ago, oldtype said:

I will never get over the fact that Shola Ameobi has scored goals (plural) in the Champions League.

Scored more 3x more goals in Europe than our dearest neighbours. 

Although I wanted as easy a group possible I'm actually really excited about this group 

These are such fun fixtures and to my knowledge we've never played any of these clubs before so that adds to the excitement

And maybe I'm just a bit giddy at the moment but I genuinely think we can do well and get out of the group. The competitiveness of the group means it probably won't take a huge amount of points to go through. 

Plus I don't really fear those sides, they are a level below the elite teams and they are going through a transition phase having lost their best player of key player(s).

And finally I think we play a style of football that they will hate to face, it won't be something they are used to facing and with the atmosphere at home I can see us doing well. 

What an experience it will be for all involved. Can't wait for the fixtures and for the games to get going. 

Just got in from Work, Everyone talking about who we got. Then I see it!!!

Wow, amazing, that's what you want, big games, big stadiums and it puts us on the map.

Nothing to shit the bed about, let's have a go. Just don't put Burn on Mbappe :)

Exciting times!

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Bauer Leverkusen

They were absolutely washed by the time we played them. Team had all been moved on and replaced poorly bar Basturk and Neuville (who took one of the all time worst pens at SJP). Can’t remember his name but there was some absolute joker at the back in the away leg, non league standard.

(Not Cris, who was also shite)

Yeah, just checking and they finished 15th of 18th in the Bundesliga that season, with only 40 points from 34 games. They had a Franca or someone who wasn't particularly good either.

That was actually the 2nd group stage when we played them, so technically the last 16 as well, rather than last 32, so you'd expect tougher sides. Leverkusen were in an initial group with Man Utd (lost twice) Olympiacos and M Haifa, and lost 6-2 in Greece - they were pretty much a gift, lost every match in our group with a -10 GD. There will surely be no whipping boys this time around. 

3 hours ago, Heron said:

Haha errrrrmmmmm it's slightly up in the air at the moment and it is very, very concerning the lack of time we'll have to potentially do what we want but I'm sure we'll succeed somehow...

Wor Flags out! 

32 minutes ago, Disco said:

Scored more 3x more goals in Europe than our dearest neighbours. 

Just checked out they've scored five goals in European football.

We scored that in my first European game alone and doubled it by the end of the two legs.

7 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Just checked out they've scored five goals in European football.

We scored that in my first European game alone and doubled it by the end of the two legs.

I believe GWN should be consulted to confirm... the epitome of all things rational when it comes to us and them. 

54 minutes ago, Disco said:

They were absolutely washed by the time we played them. Team had all been moved on and replaced poorly bar Basturk and Neuville (who took one of the all time worst pens at SJP). Can’t remember his name but there was some absolute joker at the back in the away leg, non league standard.

(Not Cris, who was also shite)

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/match/70432--leverkusen-vs-newcastle/

Not going through 20+ new pages for this.

But has anyone mentioned Mbappe's reaction when Griezmann bought him for Newcastle on FM?

Saying how cold it is. The mind games have begun, we're already rent-free in his head  :whistle:

It's on YouTube

7 hours ago, McCormick said:

Minnows all the way for me. Can’t get my head round this mentality. I just want us to have the biggest possibility of winning. We’re you chuffed to draw Man City in the league cup :lol:?

And you can't go all the way if you draw big teams aye? Or you avoid them all together if you draw minnows? Can't get my head around that want either, too.

8 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Not going through 20+ new pages for this.

But has anyone mentioned Mbappe's reaction when Griezmann bought him for Newcastle on FM?

Saying how cold it is. The mind games have begun, we're already rent-free in his head  :whistle:

It's on YouTube

only time I thought about mbappe tonight, was when I pictured him 1 on 1 with burn. 

then I had another gin and forgot about it.