Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

6 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Think we're driving to Dortmund from Derbyshire via the Hull - Rotterdam ferry.

Given I’m debating whether I can be arsed to drive to Sheffield in a couple of weeks, I respect this.

*also big up the designated driver when everyone else on that ferry is absolutely steaming 😂

Edited by SteV

I'm gutted the Milan game is up first because I was thinking of using my Italian girlfriend's family as a way in. Free accommodation, get the train over from Ravenna... easy peasy.

But it's far too short notice and I'm far from getting any sort of ticket - not signed up to anything. Ah well.

So, you might need to collect your ticket from a yet to be confirmed location in Milan and security checks at the turnstiles include you producing either your original Passport or Driving Licence.

That quite frankly is ridiculous. Some will have find time to visit some yet to be confirmed location at huge inconvenience and everyone will be walking around with a big placard saying steal a Passport or DL here (assuming I haven’t already lost it). 

Seriously, are they just not wanting fans to go to the game? 

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

So, you might need to collect your ticket from a yet to be confirmed location in Milan and security checks at the turnstiles include you producing either your original Passport or Driving Licence.

That quite frankly is ridiculous. Some will have find time to visit some yet to be confirmed location at huge inconvenience and everyone will be walking around with a big placard saying steal a Passport or DL here (assuming I haven’t already lost it). 

The % pre-collection thing is something that NUFC have appeared to ask for in this instance. Agree I don't really see the point in this case.

However the passport/driving license at the gate is standard at all Italian games and required by law so not something NUFC would have any input on.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Sounds like Milan carry out ID checks on their own esteem, but the following sounds like the cunts trick at every away game so far this season, with the exception of this time they’re not giving you a dodgy ticket and telling you in advance you’ll need to collect it. I’d hesitate to guess that none of their corporate clients will be inconvenienced by this arrangement.

At random, a small number of fans will be notified in advance of the game and asked to collect their ticket, with ID, from a location as convenient as possible (this will be confirmed in due course).

It's not just Milan, it is every professional game in Italy as it is required by law. You (in theory) cannot go to a game unless you have ID which matches the name on your ticket - and they do check on the gate.

I did manage to jib into Verona vs Juve with somebody else's ticket, after waiting for the stewards who had stopped me looked the other way. On another occasion at the Milan derby they didn't end up bothering to check tickets in the 'away' end as a big crowd built up close to kick off so they just let everybody through. 

Generally thought they will be checked.

Edited by ponsaelius

I got into Roma's game with another name on the ticket, steward first asked a foreman to come over and after some hassle they just let us in. Probably helped I was there with my lass but could've been a massive disappointment as the tickets weren't exactly cheap and the stadium is middle of nowhere.

Edited by Pata

If you're wanting to go direct from Newcastle to Bergamo then it's a fortune.

However there's quite a few ways to get there if you're willing to travel. Trains in Italy are really good so I would say there is little issue with flying into any of Turin, Verona, Bologna, Pisa etc and making your way there.

9 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

However there's quite a few ways to get there if you're willing to travel. Trains in Italy are really good so I would say there is little issue with flying into any of Turin, Verona, Bologna, Pisa etc and making your way there.

Trains look hefty travel from Rome airport like.

Could be a sickner if I get tickets and I'm stuffed on travel :lol:

6 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Trains look hefty travel from Rome airport like.

Could be a sickner if I get tickets and I'm stuffed on travel :lol:

Out of boredon had a look. Edinburgh > Pisa(Mon to Thur) is £205 with cabin bags Ryanair. Could have a day in Pisa/Florence either side of the match and get train to/from Milan

15 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Spot on regards the trains - Me and the missus used them a lot when we were on holiday in Italy pre-pandemic.

Every train we used was on time - except one which was 2 minutes late.

I am not going to Milan away, but if I was then I would have no qualms relying on trains - Verona is definitely and option - stunning place to visit.

3 minutes ago, Slim said:

This was a mid range.  Plenty cheaper if pic the right time.

image.thumb.png.74fa0c14009b369515d932e9b0ab11fd.png

Obviously would still need to get from fuciamo to there though. Unless I'm doing it wrong but it was like nearly 8 hours on the train.

Coupled with a flight with a stop or two it's going to be a long one.

Really wanna go to Dortmund. Think I am gonna wait until I get back from America start of October and decide.

Got Sat to Wed off work around the game so potentially could do some rogue travelling (flight to Amsterdam, one night there train to Dortmund and back is do-able) but need to look at finances after being dominated for $18 beers in the American stadiums.