Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

2 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

A Dutch team would be decent, or perhaps a Belgian foe.

Yeh Dutch team would actually be great. Crazy fans. Can drink in the stands, and then if its your thing then theres these places they call coffeeshops for some reason...

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

Christ, is that possible?

Think so, if Dortmund win the Bundesliga. Alternatively, if Bayern pull it off

• Bayern Munich
  • Real Madrid
  • AC Milan
  • Newcastle United

Milan are probably not the best pot 3 side, but they are the biggest name.  Also, mackems in Milan and all that…

2 minutes ago, wormy said:

Definitely getting ahead of myself now but roughly when will we know what group stage matches fall when? Need to start thinking about booking time off work.

The draw is August 31st, fixtures will be settled after that.

4 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Think so, if Dortmund win the Bundesliga. Alternatively, if Bayern pull it off

• Bayern Munich
  • Real Madrid
  • AC Milan
  • Newcastle United

Milan are probably not the best pot 3 side, but they are the biggest name.  Also, mackems in Milan and all that…

God yes please 

It's finally starting to sink in and I'm getting a little emotional. I've gotten married, had two kids, and built a whole professional career in the time since I last watched us in the Champions League. It's incredible to be back and it feels euphoric.

The dream that we always knew was possible. We’re not a middling PL team that should be grateful for a fluke season where we qualify for the big league.

We’re Newcastle United and we’re fucking massive.

I was just putting some furniture together in our spare bedroom with the Champions League theme on repeat. My wife walks in…

Her: Are you serious?

Me: You’re going to be hearing this a lot this summer

<silence>
Her: You can play it as much as you want as long as you don’t sing

Me: I may occasionally sing “the champiooonss”

Her: yeah, that’s the worst moment of my life every time

[emoji38]

listening to this on repeat, not ashamed of the tears. Been dreaming of this moment for fucking 20 years. Thought it was never ever happening for another 20 years. 

Can't get vexed by the current qualifiers mind. Especially anything new (Barcelona and Feyenoord are so bourgeois).

Celtic aside as I want to treat it like an adventure and not get roped in to any of that other stuff.

The big difference from 97-98 and 02-03 is the relative strength of the PL compared to the rest of Europe - in 97/98 English football wasn’t great, in 02/03 it was improving - but this time we’ve qualified from Europe’s strongest top division, so bizarrely we are a decent outside bet.

To put it another way - Inter’s side of the draw contained Spurs, AC Milan, Club Brugge, Napoli, Porto, Benfica, and Eintracht Frankfurt.  Based upon current form (not pedigree) Napoli are the only side that I wouldn’t have made us favourites against this season.  

From 7 points after 14 games when EH took the reins.  Dead certs for relegation and the end result is a first season miracle of finishing 11th. This season would have seen 7th as progress.  Fairytale stuff for us. 

1 minute ago, RS said:

From 7 points after 14 games when EH took the reins.  Dead certs for relegation and the end result is a first season miracle of finishing 11th. This season would have seen 7th as progress.  Fairytale stuff for us. 

And a cup final to boot. Anyone saying we’d do that pre season and I’d have pegged them as off their tits on Monkey Dust.

7 hours ago, Memphis said:

It's finally starting to sink in and I'm getting a little emotional. I've gotten married, had two kids, and built a whole professional career in the time since I last watched us in the Champions League. It's incredible to be back and it feels euphoric.

you’ve probably had some good times too ;)

Edited by OCOCOL

Braga’s stadium is the one in Portugal that is set into the mountain.

What a great place that would be to visit, and as it stands they are in Pot 3, and we could be drawn against them.