Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 28/05/23 @ 16:30 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

15 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

He's already being forced into changes with Pope, Joelinton & Willock out. Can't see him making wholesale changes. Aside from anyone injured or carrying an injury he'll pick his strongest XI.

Yes he’ll want to carry over as much positivity as possible into the summer! We have records to chalk up in London, defensive record too! Lots to compete for, not to mention finishing 3rd! :indi:

3 hours ago, NUFC91 said:

Are people taking the piss with these team selections? Howe will be wanting to sign off on a high, this is not a game to just hoy a few kids in...

No mate, people really do want to see Miley Cyrus playing in her preferred 6 role. Not sure why that’s controversial. Very dynamic and bags of technical ability 

Edited by Sempiternal

15 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

Tell the 3000 away supporters going to London it’s meaningless. Jeezaz.

Yeah they should demand a refund if Howe DARES to select a promising Academy player in massively low stakes game against a team bottom of the form table. Absolute disgrace 

They pulled Miley out of the u17 World Cup, He’s on a pro contract, I genuinely find it mad that people would kick up a fuss if he gets minutes. Thought people wanted to see players come through? What harm

is 20 mins for him?  

2 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

They pulled Miley out of the u17 World Cup, He’s on a pro contract, I genuinely find it mad that people would kick up a fuss if he gets minutes. Thought people wanted to see players come through? What harm

is 20 mins for him?  

Exactly, how else can they improve if they aren’t given a chance to play.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Exactly, how else can they improve if they aren’t given a chance to play.

It’s absolutely crazy to me. Literally one player out of 11 and people are moaning about how “it’s not the time to throw in the kids”. It’s the perfect time, very little pressure on him, against an out of form side. Personally as a fan I would want to see one of our own in the team. If he struggles then hook him. These players need games 

I'd love a win in this one obviously but I'm half expecting a bit of dip tomorrow. I think after the effort the squad has put in this season, the mental energy of getting top 4 plus the known changes to the team will take their toll. Just a game to get through really, I'd probably settle for a point with no injuries tbh. They've already done the unthinkable, no negativity needed whatsoever, it's all good. 

I would start Miley tomorrow if it was my choice. Nothing to loose really. The young players must be given a chance at some point. Perfect opportunity to do so tomorrow. I'd also start Ashby and give Trippier a rest.

1 hour ago, Sempiternal said:

is 20 mins for him?  

I’d boo the kernt if he steps on the field. Complete disrespect to the traveling fans.

I think he either goes for a midfield duo of Bruno and Longstaff with Gordon ahead or he drops Anderson in to make it a three. 

I’d be happy for Milley to get 20 minutes at the end provided we’re not getting hammered.