Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 28/05/23 @ 16:30 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

13 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Gordon as LCM isn't favourable, his positional awareness is nowhere near good enough for that kind of role.

Still, it's Lampard's Chelsea. 5-0 Isak hattrick.

Don't agree. We need to find a position where Gordon is useful and playing as a winger he has nothing to offer apart from a bit of pace.

3 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Did Longstaff play on an injured foot then to see us over the line?

Aye, he alluded to that in the post game interview after Leicester, that he was injured and then the other guys got injured and he was able to come in and play.

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Is it pure luck or is it down to the medical, coaching and fitness staff being good at their jobs?

We got injuries every game under Steve Bruce. That wasn't down to bad luck, it was down to poor coaching standards

Well 3/4 of them are injured now, so a bit of luck i would say.

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

Reckon Gordon will play as one of the 3 cm's, drifting left like Willock does.

I expect that as well. Hopefully he shows some promise because so far for 45m he doesn't appear to be good value.

Just now, Displayname said:

Well 3/4 of them are injured now, so a bit of luck i would say.

Injured is a spectrum a lot of the time though. Players being needed or the team going really well can lead to people deciding they aren’t injured after all. 

Whereas under Bruce every knock means you take the chance to get out of there. 

Happy with that, strong line-up given who's available

Hope Gordon has a good game - there's a player in there and we'll see his true potential after a pre-season under Howe imo. The price tag has given people wildly high expectations for a young player adjusting to a new city/team.