2023 FIFA Women's World Cup: Rubiales banned from all football-related activities for three years

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Very underwhelmed by Sam Kerr mind, worldie aside. Thought she was supposed to be the bees knees?

Getting older, coming back from injury maybe a touch early. Also the general standard has improved around her. She used to stand out a mile.

England were by far the better team there, like. Penalty drama aside the Aussies haven't done a great deal for those fantastic crowds in this tournament.

Lionesses a credit to football in this country.

9 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Getting older, coming back from injury maybe a touch early. Also the general standard has improved around her. She used to stand out a mile.

She's definitely not fit! I've watched her play A LOT and that was not a normal version of Sam Kerr!

I wanted to say it all through the game but didn't want to jinx us!

Hemp is such a good footballer mind.  She’s like a female Beardsley - she has that ability to just nick the ball off a player with her toe and then cause chaos.  Russo one of those players who seems to do absolutely nowt but finishes first time shots like no-ones business.

Looking forward to the final now.  I think Bronze is the only player left from that semi final sickener in 2015 - hope Northumberland’s finest goes all the way. 

Well done Lionesses, definitely deserved that win, alot more clinical in front of goal.

We've not taken our chances in front of goal this tournament as much as we should, still the Matilda's can hold their head high, they've definitely changed the view of football and women's sport in Australia, hopefully it's not forgotten about come Monday morning though.

All I can say is that women’s football has gone a long way, both in the world and on this forum, I recall the time I received a threatening PM for trying to start a ladies football thread

8 minutes ago, iklgizmo said:

She's definitely not fit! I've watched her play A LOT and that was not a normal version of Sam Kerr!

I wanted to say it all through the game but didn't want to jinx us!

Yeah clearly not at 100% - she is a fantastic footballer - technically brilliant 

2 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Yeah clearly not at 100% - she is a fantastic footballer - technically brilliant 

If these were friendlies or  regular season games and not the world cup I'd bet money she wouldn't haven't played any of them, she's definitely not fit currently