Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

9 minutes ago, Zero said:

Why can’t I watch two games together?

Seems like proper freak and weirdo behaviour iyam.

Edited by Pata

4 hours ago, Bimpy474 said:

Who else would you have sold, the club clearly didn't want to sell Minteh or Anderson for that matter. You're blaming the club for rules in place to help a corrupt league protect 6 greedy scumbag clubs.

Aye, we should or could have made better decisions in hindsight the previous 3 years, but i bet we wouldn't be the side we are now.

I have said the fourth time here. The PSR crisis is not something broke out suddenly at June. It is something you can calculate way way earlier than the D day and we have had a plan in place to deal with it - and we changed it without coming up a real solution, hence the firesale.

We knew we have to fill the 40 - 50m hole. Ashworths plan was to sell Joelinton last Jan instead of extending his contract. That was his solution, together with the Trippier / Almiron. The latter two collapsed. For Joelinton, the one who got us 3 points today, Howe simply told Staveley.co to scrap the plan and extend the contract. Staveley did it - and then? How to solve the PSR problem? None, no new plans. No one was really taking up Ashworths job since January. That’s where I criticised the club the most. 

Now heading to March/April. We started to hear something about Bruno’s release clause. It’s 100m for specific clubs before end of Jun. Didn’t you guys wonder why it’s leaked all over the place suddenly? Look back I did, and probably that’s because selling Bruno was the “new plan”, but only at the max price. I guarantee you Ashworth would never let this happen. Why the hell would you gamble your PSR issue to be resolved by a clause? We were prepared to say bye to Bruno last Jun then? That’s the fucking new plan? 

And finally last Jun. I don’t want to go into details anymore. Clause expired, we were fucked, we even contacted Liverpool for selling Gordon in discount price (which also shows no club is interested in Bruno). We all know what happened. Of course we have to sell Minteh and Anderson. We have no options left. Brighton robbed us with a thank you from our side. Thanks for robbing us.

We have had Minteh in our hands, we have first hand info, we should be the one that knows how good Minteh is. Was Howe being consulted for the sales? Was the management getting informed his real market value base on scout reports? There are a fucking lot of questions that should be asked.

I was the one who first supported Joelinton here even when all of you are washing him up and down. He is my favourite player. He won us 3 precious points. Don’t try to say I underrate a solid starting player. That doesn’t change my view that we should have stick to the plan to sell him last January/ this summer to fill the PSR issue. Buy / keep players with potential and sell them at decent / max value is the direction we all agreed with, or being informed by the club, to grow as a club and comply with PSR. Keeping Joelinton and sell two players with great potential is the direct opposite. Selling a starting eleven quality RW whose value is way more than 35m euro is a fucking painful lesson that we should never forget.

30 minutes ago, Pata said:

Seems like proper freak and weirdo behaviour iyam.

I genuinely don’t understand. I got a broadcast plan to watch all games in a season, can simultaneous play in different devices. Why shouldn’t I maximize it?

Edited by Zero

1 minute ago, Zero said:

I have said the fourth time here. The PSR crisis is not something broke out suddenly at June. It is something you can calculate way way earlier than the D day and we have had a plan in place to deal with it - and we changed it without coming up a real solution, hence the firesale.

We knew we have to fill the 40 - 50m hole. Ashworths plan was to sell Joelinton last Jan instead of extending his contract. That was his solution, together with the Trippier / Almiron. The latter two collapsed. For Joelinton, the one who got us 3 points today, Howe simply told Staveley.co to scrap the plan and extend the contract. Staveley did it - and then? How to solve the PSR problem? None, no new plans. No one was really taking up Ashworths job since January. That’s where I criticised the club the most. 

Now heading to March/April. We started to hear something about Bruno’s release clause. It’s 100m for specific clubs before end of Jun. Didn’t you guys wonder why it’s leaked all over the place suddenly? Look back I did, and probably that’s because selling Bruno was the “new plan”, but only at the max price. I guarantee you Ashworth would never let this happen. Why the hell would you gamble your PSR issue to be resolved by a clause? We were prepared to say bye to Bruno last Jun then? That’s the fucking new plan? 

And finally last Jun. I don’t want to go into details anymore. Clause expired, we were fucked, we even contacted Liverpool for selling Gordon in discount price (which also shows no club is interested in Bruno). We all know what happened. Of course we have to sell Minteh and Anderson. We have no options left. Brighton robbed us with a thank you from our side. Thanks for robbing us.

We have had Minteh in our hands, we have first hand info, we should be the one that knows how good Minteh is. Was Howe being consulted for the sales? Was the management getting informed his real market value base on scout reports? There are a fucking lot of questions that should be asked.

I was the one who first supported Joelinton here even when all of you are washing him up and down. He is my favourite player. He won us 3 precious points. Don’t try to say I underrate a solid starting player. That doesn’t change my view that we should have stick to the plan to sell him last January/ this summer to fill the PSR issue. Buy / keep players with potential and sell them at decent / max value is the direction we all agreed with, or being informed by the club, to grow as a club and comply with PSR. Keeping Joelinton and sell two players with great potential is the direct opposite. Selling a starting eleven quality RW whose value is way more than 35m euro is a fucking painful lesson that we should never forget.

Rather eloquently put, some i agree with, some i do not. I won't go point by point, but as i said, very eloquently put.

Now for something more baffling to me. The bolded sections, who are saying that to?  Certainly not me i've never said that about big Joe (although i've no doubt something might have been said in the past when he has missed an opportunity or two, but that's human nature to react to what you see, but since his switch to central midfield he's been immense.

And I have never said you've underrated a solid player, or would try to or was going to. That's some grade A over boarding there don't you think ?  Love your passion, we need more of it.

7 minutes ago, Zero said:

I genuinely don’t understand. I got a broadcast plan to watch all games in a season, can simultaneous play in different devices. Why shouldn’t I maximize it?

Maybe it's just me but it's a season opener after a long summer break, I'm not paying attention to anything else.

For your second post, it's impossible to plan outgoings with any guarantee. We were probably hoping someone wants to buy Almiron, Trippier or Wilson or all of them and see where we're at after that. It's ridiculous to say selling Joelinton plus someone else would've been better option than selling 6-7th choice CM and a player who has never played for us and I'm not changing that opinion even if Minteh wins multiple Ballon d'Ors. We clearly thought he had potential as we initially bought him and really liked him but we had to sell someone and none of the players we most likely would have liked to sell were getting any serious interest from other teams.

I stayed out of the end of June drama so don't know exactly what the general consensus was but I was impressed by the moves we were able to pull to get out of the trouble in such a short time without a sporting director. All the 'bad planning' or 'no planning' talk seems weird to me.

Can we please lock this thread so I don't have to be reminded every day that we've sold a potentially brilliant player who'd have solved our right sided weakness and more on the cheap. Howe must be incredibly frustrated if as reported he viewed Minteh as a likely starter this season. This boy could be young player of the season.

Edited by Turnbull2000

25 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Am I the only one failing to see the ‘great potential’ in Anderson? I just never saw anything special there.

I like him and he’ll probably be fine for Forest but he’s a yard to slow for me and thought it was mad we got the fee we did for him given he’s not really got a position he’s nailed down as such.

He’d be behind Gordon and Barnes on the wing and behind the Joe’s on the left of the midfield 3 for me.

Would I prefer him here? Yes. Are the rules daft? Also yes. Am I overly fussed he’s left to avoid a points deduction? No.

Just now, Disco said:

I like him and he’ll probably be fine for Forest but he’s a yard to slow for me and thought it was mad we got the fee we did for him given he’s not really got a position he’s nailed down as such.

Would I prefer him here? Yes. Am I overly fussed he’s left to avoid a points deduction? No.

to be fair selling Anderson is a correct move as we have two Miley coming up. Just that the price (10-15m depend on what news you trust) is a bit low.

The painful part of this is he could have been a solution at RW while costing next to nothing. That would have been massive for us in our position. 

There’s no doubt being forced to give that up is a failure, but making a £25m profit in a year is a success we’ll be lucky to replicate any time soon. Both of those things can be true and it’s definitely true that if he was a CF or LW there’d be a lot less angst.

this fucking thread man. People will be questioning why we sold him even on the day he retires, and that's a long way to go I'd imagine. I came in  to see why the thread is still at the top, saw it's the same repetitve issues. So, not going to come in again. We sold him. He's another club's player. Might as well support players we have right now than crying over what we don't have. Not the first time we've sold a player for peanuts anyways. Get over it. Move on.

Edited by nufcjb

4 hours ago, Zero said:

Listen, you've had your say, and we've heard you. Now, let's move on. It's not necessary to keep bringing it up every time he scores or assists.

However, I do agree with Howe that selling Big Joe to fill our hole is a mistake. Our midfield is wide open without him, and replacing him would cost a fortune.

By the way, when you say Brighton robbed us, how much do you think we should have sold Minteh for?? 

6 hours ago, Zero said:

Control Center Space GIF by Apple TV+

The club backed themselves into a situation with PSR and had to make tough decisions, decisions they clearly poured over for hours on end. Anderson is a talent but with who we already have at the club he wasn’t going to start that many games this season and hasn’t really nailed down a specific position. Howe didn’t want to sell him but there we are, it made sense. Minteh “might” go on to be a superb player, he might be average. But for someone who has never played in the premier league we got good money for which with Anderson’s sale enabled us to avoid a possible ten point deduction AND keep our big hitters. Sure it’ll be a bit disappointing if either goes on to be a world beater but they’ve gone, the decision was made, move on folks or rather move on 

Zero mate 👍

Edited by ExiledGeordie

I think it’s perfectly understandable to rue his sale, obviously he’s has the potential to solve a pretty big issue for us on the right flank. That being said, it’s important to understand we didn’t image much choice. It’s quite clear the market for players we actually want to sell doesn’t really exists so we were left stuck. 

I’m sure if we are being honest with ourselves, we haven’t bought many players that we’d rather not have in order to keep him right?

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

He’s watching every game mate, leave him alone.

Each to their own I suppose. Guess some people are football fans over supporting one single club.

It all just feels a bit "easy" to complain about this and why? We didn't lose yesterday because of Murphy...we didn't even lose at all.

Yes Minteh looks good, but I've only ever read about his attacking play. What's he like defensively? No one seems to talk about that and it's a huge part of his position here.

Out of anyone that we could have sold (that someone wanted), he's the one that I feel most comfortable losing at this point and still unknown.

It's a shame we had to sell, but that's the game at the moment 

The wanker who sits directly behind us and only chirps up when he's got something negative to say couldn't wait to tell everyone around him how class Minteh was playing at half-time. :lol:

Reminded me of a few on here.