Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

3 hours ago, tarie4 said:

Listen, you've had your say, and we've heard you. Now, let's move on. It's not necessary to keep bringing it up every time he scores or assists.

However, I do agree with Howe that selling Big Joe to fill our hole is a mistake. Our midfield is wide open without him, and replacing him would cost a fortune.

By the way, when you say Brighton robbed us, how much do you think we should have sold Minteh for?? 

If we had sell Joe or do any time soon - I will be ranting much harder than this in his thread over and over. I fucking love the guy and he seems to love us inside and out now as well as getting us over the line time and time again. On top of this he’s Bruno’s best mate and may keep him here longer as well, just no.

12 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

He looks exactly like the RW we've been crying out for and yet we have to suffer another season with Almiron and Murphy :lol:

His directness for the assist to beat his man and get his cross in is exactly what Almiron and Murphy won't give us, they both hesitate to go for the jugular. Almiron is extremely irritating for this with his cutting back and going backwards, and Murphy tends to hesitate as well. 

7 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

The painful part of this is he could have been a solution at RW while costing next to nothing. That would have been massive for us in our position. 

There’s no doubt being forced to give that up is a failure, but making a £25m profit in a year is a success we’ll be lucky to replicate any time soon. Both of those things can be true and it’s definitely true that if he was a CF or LW there’d be a lot less angst.

Spot on.

I don't see what the issue is with following a player we had who we didn't want to lose and looks to be great. In recent days we've had posts on here bemoaning losing Merino, talking about Perez, and Joselu, and Ben Arfa. People are still rightly pissed off about losing Bobby Clark for bobbins a few months before the takeover. What's the big deal?

2 hours ago, Rich said:

The wanker who sits directly behind us and only chirps up when he's got something negative to say couldn't wait to tell everyone around him how class Minteh was playing at half-time. :lol:

Reminded me of a few on here.

There's one of them behind me as well! 😂

He’s a player we had on the books that looks a really good player. By all accounts he was involved in everything good for Brighton first half and the fact we still haven’t got a winger in makes it even more annoying. That annoyance will go over time but it’s a strange thing where people are trying to dictate whether people can or can’t be annoyed at losing him to another Premier league team. That being said the anger should be directed towards the PL & PSR and not the club. The club made a decision they had to make. That being said if we fail to bring a winger in that’s on the club too 

15 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

All of those players actually played for Newcastle TBF. 

Neither did Bobby Clark, if you're playing that game. And Minteh's time here contributed far more to the club than he did. And arguably most of the others, for that matter.

Edited by 80

3 minutes ago, 80 said:

Neither did Bobby Clark, if you're playing that game. And Minteh's time here contributed far more to the club than he did. And arguably most of the others, for that matter.

Does anyone care about Bobby Clark? I guess to the extent of ‘ah, shame a young player left’. It’s hardly worth getting worked up about. 

Just now, gdm said:

Btw I fail to see how him not previously wearing the shirt has any relevance what so ever 

Harder to get emotionally attached to a player we’ve never seen kick a ball for us surely?

All this fantasising about rage and grief over losing him. It's pretty blatantly people's repressed feelings leaking out at this point.

Just now, 80 said:

All this fantasising about rage and grief over losing him. It's pretty blatantly people's repressed feelings leaking out at this point.

It’s mainly because people detest Almiron tbf 

Just now, Shearergol said:

Harder to get emotionally attached to a player we’ve never seen kick a ball for us surely?

Yeah i get what you are saying but the annoyance comes from what’s to come from him and not what he’s done in past. In all honesty very early signs but he would have answered our right winger problem and the longer we go not signing one and him playing well…

10 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Am I the only one failing to see the ‘great potential’ in Anderson? I just never saw anything special there.

Not at all, he's a decent squad player for a top half PL club at best.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Yeah i get what you are saying but the annoyance comes from what’s to come from him and not what he’s done in past. In all honesty very early signs but he would have answered our right winger problem and the longer we go not signing one and him playing well…

Shouldn’t have signed Tonali in hindsight….

14 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

If we’d sold Joelinton and kept Minteh do we think we win easily yesterday?

is this a serious question?

11 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Wasn’t that the original plan?

I’d very much doubt Joelinton was ever under consideration to be sold. Also you are using an isolated incident. 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’d very much doubt Joelinton was ever under consideration to be sold. Also you are using an isolated incident. 

How come so many people in here are claiming the plan was to sell Joelinton? I assumed it must have been widely reported? So there was really no way of keeping Minteh?

Edited by Shearergol

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

How come so many people in here are claiming the plan was to sell Joelinton? I assumed it must have been widely reported? So there was really no way of keeping Minteh?

Just google “Joelinton” and “Ashworth” and you will get what you want.

There were a lot of news reported back in around last December, that the club did not want to extend Joelintons contract. Then after Ashworth started his garden leave the club immediately started the extension talk with Joelinton.

if you have been following the news you should know the above.