Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Wait, you were joking right? I thought it was funny is all.

Were you actually being serious?! 

No [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Good luck to you, the Almiron Clan will be after you 

Send the Longstaff clan as well, he did a job but he can’t be starting for us anymore 

To be fair I think most would agree that he shouldn’t be starting for us anymore and with Tonali back we probably have enough depth to not need to start Longstaff

Edited by Joey47

Just now, Elliottman said:

Is the period which is reviewed annual or over 3? I’ve not paid any attention to this shit. 

Over a 3 year period. I think the 1st year of the takeover spend falls off on July 1st. But I'm no accountant so I could be completely wrong. 

The least worst outcome.

Now lets get some boots up some arses and raise the commercial revenue so it doesn't happen again, next time with young Alfie from Man City.

Howay the training kit sponsor!

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

Send the Longstaff clan as well, he did a job but he can’t be starting for us anymore 

And the Dubravka Clan (yep, there is one)

6 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

So does this mean we simply don’t get a point deduction or does it free up some cash so we can actually buy some fucker?! 

Getting it done in June is to avoid a points deduction. It might get us some wriggle room too but I doubt it. We seem to be actively trying to shift a few others. I think those players will bring us the wriggle room. 

Glad it appears to have been worked out and our immediate PSR issues solved. Still stinks a bit, would have been nice to see what Eddie could have done with him, especially since he plays exactly where we need a bit of a quality injection.

Honestly, when the takeover was announced, my personal excitement for it centered, not around the superstars we'd sign, but the naive notion that we'd never again have to sell if we didn't want to. The big 6 cartel and PL put paid to that with their bullshit rules. Nevertheless, glad this appears to be done, the alternatives were not worth thinking about.

1 minute ago, Joelinton7 said:

Probably in the future when this becomes the norm, filling up our academy with players who are there solely to make us a profit with no actual view of them playing for us, then it won’t be so gut wrenching.

This isn’t the norm for us, we’re not used to it. We get good players and hold onto them like precious diamonds. You sign for us, you’re one of us. This just feels cold and alien.

£33m is a very good price. We’ve made back more than 5x what we paid for him. I can stomach watching him tear it up at Brighton if bring in the 2-3 we need to push on. Anyway I hate this, I hate football and I hate June. July comes around and we’re going for it. 

Admittedly I haven't bothered learning owt about PSR. Does us having to sell Minteh to balance the books, equate to us having more money to spend in July? I thought it was purely to avoid punishment.

4 minutes ago, duo said:

No [emoji38]

Wait a minute ... Never mind!

You weren't being serious then! I knew it!

Edited by KaKa

4 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Probably in the future when this becomes the norm, filling up our academy with players who are there solely to make us a profit with no actual view of them playing for us, then it won’t be so gut wrenching.

This isn’t the norm for us, we’re not used to it. We get good players and hold onto them like precious diamonds. You sign for us, you’re one of us. This just feels cold and alien.

£33m is a very good price. We’ve made back more than 5x what we paid for him. I can stomach watching him tear it up at Brighton if bring in the 2-3 we need to push on. Anyway I hate this, I hate football and I hate June. July comes around and we’re going for it. 

would have pissed me off at everton. but brighton are canny.

Just now, Weezertron said:

Admittedly I haven't bothered learning owt about PSR. Does us having to sell Minteh to balance the books, equate to us having more money to spend in July? I thought it was purely to avoid punishment.

I think it could be both depending on how much we were out by 

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

Seems like we've got ourselves out of jail at the last moment, really makes you wonder what would have happened if Minteh wasn't on the books though or if he didn't do well last season, as we clearly can't shift anyone other than the obvious ones you wouldn't want to see go. 

Important that the club learn from this and don't end up in this position again. We have to assume the rules are here to stay and are only going to get more and more strict   

Aye and also. We don’t have (m)any other Mintehs. Villa and Chelsea have academy’s that are producing talent. We don’t.  Chelsea has options of players to sell. We had Minteh and then a crown jewel. minteh lad has saved us from catastrophe. And him moving is a mini catastrophe too. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye and also. We don’t have (m)any other Mintehs. Villa and Chelsea have academy’s that are producing talent. We don’t.  Chelsea has options of players to sell. We had Minteh and then a crown jewel. minteh lad has saved us from catastrophe. And him moving is a mini catastrophe too. 

How is a player leaving for £26m profit who's never played for us a mini catastrophe? [emoji38]

Just now, The College Dropout said:

We haven’t managed to get rid of Miggy and Murphy yet. I’m not confident we’ll be able to move them along for decent fees. I expect 1 to still be here in August. 

I think we need to sell further to spend big money. 

Miggy is at Copa America right now